NRL Telstra Premiership 2006

But I still think that Titans will be another team which will be hated.

You would think they'd have a few juniors coming through. There now interested in Mark Minichiello too.

Well I'm sure it won't get to the stage of the Roosters. The Titans have brought players but thats what happens, same with those no good Force! Whenever a team starts up they always look to buying players. We can excuse them this year but if they do what the Force have done in their 2nd year then they will definitely become a hated team.

Anyway good game on today with the Raiders favourites to beat the Sharks. Table is quite congested right now, lots of teams on 10 points including the Sharks and Raiders.

I can't believe how frustrating the Warriers are!!!
They couldn't even put that Dragons team away. 02/03 seems a long time ago now. Even the most loyal fans are being tested.
At least they beat Souths though. They haven't quite reached rock bottom.

I do feel for you guys, there is heaps of natural talent at the Warriors. Just they never seem to click. They most likely need Daniel Anderson back as he was the best at getting the most out of the Warriors game.
The Dragons definitely don't seem themselves this year, losing Head hasn't helped their cause at all.

They have come close in most of their games but they always find ways to lose. They lack the firepower to put teams away when they've got them under pressure. I think they struggle to find the balance between playing structured footy and relying on their natural flair.

OMG our defence was pathetic. I bet Souths could have put 30 on us today. Heck I'm sure those fumbling Warriors could have done the same. Our defence was crap. Attack lacked direction in the 1st half was alright in the 2nd. Good win by the Sharks definitely deserved it.

Thanks aussie1st!

Raiders could have won though, as the Sharks defence in the second half was terrible.

These are the origin squads for Game 1

QLD Maroons
Fullback: Matt Bowen (Cowboys)
Wing: Greg Inglis (Storm)
Centre: Justin Hodges (Broncos)
Centre: Brent Tate (Broncos)
Wing: Steven Bell (Sea Eagles)
Five Eighth: Darren Lockyer (c) (Broncos)
Half Back: Johnathan Thurston (Cowboys)
Front Row: Steven Price (Warriors)
Hooker: Cameron Smith (Storm)
Front Row: Petero Civoniceva (Broncos)
Second Row: David Stagg (Broncos)
Second Row: Matthew Scott (Cowboys)
Lock: Dallas Johnson (Storm)

Interchange:
Shaun Berrigan (Broncos)
Carl Webb (Cowboys)
Sam Thaiday (Broncos)
Nate Myles (Bulldogs)

NSW Blues
Fullback: Brett Hodgson (Tigers)
Wing: Matt King (Storm)
Centre: Mark Gasnier (Dragons)
Centre: Matt Cooper (Dragons)
Wing: Timana Tahu (Eels)
Five Eighth: Braith Anasta (Roosters)
Half Back: Craig Gower (Panthers)
Front Row: Willie Mason (Bulldogs)
Hooker: Danny Buderus (c) (Knights)
Front Row: Brent Kite (Sea Eagles)
Second Row: Nathan Hindmarsh (Eels)
Second Row: Steve Simpson (Knights)
Lock: Luke O?Donnell (Cowboys)

Interchange:
Craig Wing (Roosters)
Steve Menzies (Sea Eagles)
Mark O?Meley (Bulldogs)
Andrew Ryan (Bulldogs)

Did anyone hear that Brian Smith, the Eels coach, has resigned? Well, he's a paranoid sort of leader and often cracks under the pressure, or when it counts, so it's probably a good move for the choking Parra set-up. Not to say that he wouldn't have been sacked in the upcoming weeks, either.

Well its on the Eels website. According to NRL.Com they said apparantly its on the Eels website we arent sure if its official

James219 said:
Well, I didn't see it on the website- it was just featured on one of the news headlines a few minutes ago.
well i last checked nrl.com like at 3:30 so it musta changed

Yea major shock seeing Smith leave. It's not going to do the Eels any good having to settle in with Taylor and then Hagan next year. Quite a mess the Eels are in but I guess in doing this the results can only go up unless they take the spoon.

Origin sides are basically what most predicted, can't believe they choose Brent Kite though he hasn't been the greatest. Halves don't look great for NSW. I never have rated Gower as a half and Anasta is overrated.

NRL doesn't seem so popular here.

Again, disappointing stuff from the Eels... Lost of control of the match and never looked like winning after the 15th minute. Also getting into the headlines again for an incident with the captain (Cayless) when he broke a security camera at Star City (something like that).

Another thing I wanted to say is that I find it unfair that the Cowboys/Broncos/Dragons all get a break at the same time! Especially the QLDr's :D

Users who are viewing this thread