NRL Telstra Premiership 2006

Oh hell no lol. If we don't make the 8 I'm pissed as that means I got nobody to support. Top 8 is a bear minimum, I always believe we can win the title :p

Breaking news Gower out of SOO 1 and an SOS for Johns rejected :(

Gower injured his knee in a collision with NSW teammate Steve Menzies, prompting Blues officials to send out and SOS for Johns should the Penrith No.7 be ruled out.

Johns, who retired from representative football last month, considered heeding the call before turning the offer down tonight.

"He won't be playing," said Johns' manager, John Fordham tonight.

"They called him in the event somebody was unable to play, but the answer is no for two reasons.

"The first reason is the lack of mental preparation for the game.

"Two, he's carrying a back injury ? not serious ? from the game last weekend.

"He's got to get that fixed up for next weekend, so he is definitely unavailable for selection if they need to find a replacement halfback.

"Mentally and physically he's not ready to play, plus he's retired from Origin football.

"That decision has been reinforced tonight.

"I'm not surprised they've gone for him, he's one of the few people that could do it (at short notice)."

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,19234442-23214,00.html

Well, it'll be an interesting match tonight. Bedsey looks like he will be playing and Lewis will miss out, if Gower was playing there may have been a higher chance of him playing.

Johns has confirmed he will not be tempted that easily too play and wants to focus with his club and his back.

Finch will come in and the combination with Anasta will probably take the loss of Gower.

Tahu also overcome an injury too. I seriously would not be surprised if NSW lose.

Just over 90 mins to go now :D

The combination of Finch/Anasta definitely doesn't look majorly threatening, and QLD have the opportunity to dominate in that department seeing as Finch's short-notice inclusion will still leave him less mentally prepared than the others who have been bonding and training in the team environment for a while now. Not long to go now, and the contest is shaping up pretty well with all these abrupt controversies arising ;)

NSW win :D
What a cracker that was 17-16 Finch wins it. Thats an ex-Raider there :p
Mason was bloody awesome, Gasiner looked dangerous. Lockyer far from his best should have been at fullback. Hodgson kicking was a bit wayward and hes knock on lead to a try. Bring back Mini!
Inglis came back really well with 2 tries. He had a bad start though.

Finch's dropgoal was a beauty :D Although the score was very tight to me it wasn't a very impressive game to watch. A lot of dropped balls and certainly the damp and moist ground surface played a role. QLD were really well below par in the first half with a fair amound of knock ons but they fought back brilliantly in the second half. The final kick by Thurston was a beauty right from the touchline.

Oh yea the Raiders beat the once mighty Cowboys at home :) A brillant field goal by one of the up and coming halfbacks in Carney. Awesome effort by the team all round with Graham showing his class and Tom LL pushing for a Qld origin spot.

Raiders had a great game, strong defence and good attack but came out really strong. If they retain there from then they may even be a surprise victor for the premiership.

Roosters were disappointing against the Eels and Eels should have crushed the Roosters at 22-0 at half-time.

It would be a little late for celebrations for the blues but it was a great game from Mason and Finch especially being so underrated. :D

aussie1st said:
Oh yea the Raiders beat the once mighty Cowboys at home :) A brillant field goal by one of the up and coming halfbacks in Carney. Awesome effort by the team all round with Graham showing his class and Tom LL pushing for a Qld origin spot.
Yeah it was brilliant. You could fully contest it with Brett Finch's

Dragons Eels match was a bore feast. Looked like the football world cup had come early. 1-0 at 70 min, then 1-1 at 72 min. Then 2-1 at 74 or something minutes. Then the Dragons had to kill the score with a try. :(

Worrying signs for the Dragons though, no Barett, Gasiner their future 5/8 not really stepping up.

aussie1st said:
Dragons Eels match was a bore feast. Looked like the football world cup had come early. 1-0 at 70 min, then 1-1 at 72 min. Then 2-1 at 74 or something minutes. Then the Dragons had to kill the score with a try. :(

Worrying signs for the Dragons though, no Barett, Gasiner their future 5/8 not really stepping up.

Lol wat a funny game. Your right like a soccer match. Lol.

Also worrying signs for eels they are third last and if the warriors(could happen but not this weekend) and rabbitohs start winning (which i highly doubt) they will be wooden spooners

The next few rounds wil be thrillers. the broncos and storm fighting out for top of the table even though broncos already are on top

Warriors actually love beating the Broncos. They have a knack of beating them and they always lift against them so don't be surpised to see an upset. The bunnies may well win this weekend as when the Raiders go in as favourites they usually lose this season.

LMAO! The last 10 mins was PURE entertainment!
First time I've ever seen a game go 1-1. That first field-goal was brilliant (Dragons) :D and the 2nd one was pure skill.
But really it should have been 2-1 when there was 12 seconds left and a poor scrumage calling the umpire to stop the game then saying playing on (what the hell?). Then the the hooker had pushed the umpire which was totally uncalled for but truly deserved it! Cheap ending to an exciting end of the match.

IloveGilly said:
LMAO! The last 10 mins was PURE entertainment!
First time I've ever seen a game go 1-1. That first field-goal was brilliant (Dragons) :D and the 2nd one was pure skill.
But really it should have been 2-1 when there was 12 seconds left and a poor scrumage calling the umpire to stop the game then saying playing on (what the hell?). Then the the hooker had pushed the umpire which was totally uncalled for but truly deserved it! Cheap ending to an exciting end of the match.
i better watch it on fox sports i missed the end of it :p

Raiders have won as predicted :) Not bad for a team that was tipped for the spoon. They're going better than the Eels, Roosters and the Champs from last year. :p

Users who are viewing this thread