Oct 5- Australia vs West Indies (Semi Final 2)

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Gotta love Chris Gayle after that chat. Fantastic guy on and off the field! Heart is with Windies to win this thing but, cricketing brain says SL in SL is going to be a tough task. I hope my heart gets it right though.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
What match have you been watching? If you call short balls and full tosses as bowled well then I really don't know what is bad bowling then. Charles didn't shield Gayle. Aussies were lucky he did not face so many balls otherwise they would have been chasing 250

beyond the last 2 overs the west indies had collected a fair few runs off edges and mis hits, samuels could have been out several times before he even made 10 (and in one case should have been LBW) and gayle and bravo to their credit hit several fours off almost perfect yorkers and good deliveries. it wasn't terrible bowling by any stretch. australia's fielders didn't back up their bowlers either. the west indies made such a huge score because they batted fantastically and had a little luck, I doubt many other teams could have made 205 against australia today.

Last edited:

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Gayle: "Sorry Sri Lanka but this world cup is our's, WI all the way." Lol, he was so confident when he said that. I hope WI can win the big one Sunday.

Varun

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Brilliant game from the Windies. A promising final on Sunday, a Sri Lankan bowling attack which is adept at keeping the momentum at their side, and a West Indian batting lineup which if gains momentum is extremely difficult to stop. This World Cup surely has been exciting.

spooony

Club Captain
beyond the last 2 overs the west indies had collected a fair few runs off edges and mis hits, samuels could have been out several times before he even made 10 (and in one case should have been LBW) and gayle and bravo to their credit hit several fours off almost perfect yorkers and good deliveries. it wasn't terrible bowling by any stretch. australia's fielders didn't back up their bowlers either. the west indies made such a huge score because they batted fantastically and had a little luck, I doubt many other teams could have made 205 against australia today.

Doherty to Pollard, SIX, Tossed up on middle
Doherty to Pollard, SIX, low full toss outside off
Doherty to Pollard, SIX, Flatter on middle
Doherty to Pollard, SIX, high full toss on middle

Starc to Gayle, SIX, Full on the pads
P Cummins to Gayle, FOUR, short delivery outside off
Doherty to Marlon Samuels, SIX, tossed up on the pads
Doherty to Gayle, SIX, full delivery on middle
Brad Hogg to Marlon Samuels, SIX, tossed up on middle
Doherty to Gayle, SIX, tossed up outside off
Watson to Dwayne Bravo, SIX, slower delivery on middle Bravo was expecting it and waited for it
Watson to Gayle, FOUR, back of a length delivery on the pads

You were saying?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Gayle's confidence was fun to hear.... I have a feeling he is going to be right and that West Indies will indeed come out on top on the big night.... I am backing them here!

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
@ spoony - And, what do you think made them bowl those deliveries? Good batting by Gayle and co.

spooony

Club Captain
@ spoony - And, what do you think made them bowl those deliveries? Good batting by Gayle and co.

The perception that low full tosses is a good idea against guys like Gayle who's batting Style and back lift is a anti - low full toss style. Klusener was another in his hay day.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
P Cummins to Gayle, FOUR, short delivery outside off
Doherty to Marlon Samuels, SIX, tossed up on the pads
Doherty to Gayle, SIX, full delivery on middle
Brad Hogg to Marlon Samuels, SIX, tossed up on middle
Doherty to Gayle, SIX, tossed up outside off
Watson to Dwayne Bravo, SIX, slower delivery on middle Bravo was expecting it and waited for it
Watson to Gayle, FOUR, back of a length delivery on the pads

You were saying?

so you genuinely don't think starc and cummins bowled well? ok, spoony, there was about 12 edges in the first 5 overs and an LBW that was incorrectly not given out. but ok.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Well played WI good all round performance as the headline on cricinfo reads. Our bowling has been good up to the last 2 games, was expecting a lot more from Hogg after his domestic T20 showings.

White's time is definitely up, nice showing by Bailey though.

Users who are viewing this thread