Oct 4- Sri Lanka vs Pakistan (Semi Final 1)

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Malik got a beauty from Herath. No way in his dreams could he tackle that.

No I meant generally in the WC. The only game I remember he played well was the practice match against India when he helped Kamran Akmal get Pakistan over the line

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Man some people should stop whining. Sri Lanka deserved it and part of me wanted and felt that they should win.

Hafeez has been a good captain but I think taking the captaincy has influenced his batting at the top of the order.

Jamshed was a real find for us and had he not been given out incorrectly we could have won the game. Still great tournament for him and the future looks bright.

Afridi bowled well, his batting has just gone downhill. With age your reflexes slow down, and Afridi relies alot on that.

Razzaq could have played but I dont mind Tanveer's selection. Bowled well and it was tactically influenced. Really hard to drop anyone from the team that defeated Australia.

Still a successful tournament for Pakistan. We discovered talented players like Jamshed and Raza Hasan and am confident we can only get better. The fact that we reached the semis in all the T20 world cups without playing in the supposedly best T20 league in the world showcases our talent :rolleyes

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
1 word umpire cost us the match by giving jamshed out lbw which was not out :mad:mad:mad

That was too close a decision to put it to the umpire's mistake. As I said in one of my previous posts, I don't even understand the concept behind the "ball pitching in line with the stumps". And to the naked eye, it looked plumb out.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
That was too close a decision to put it to the umpire's mistake. As I said in one of my previous posts, I don't even understand the concept behind the "ball pitching in line with the stumps". And to the naked eye, it looked plumb out.
It was not close at all if you go by Cricket rules. You understand it or not but those umpires should understand it.
Nasir's dismissal was costly to Pakistan but to me turning point was how Hafeez throw his wicket when he was well settled.

One thing Umer Akmal showed in this tournament that he is very talented and passionate. He may not be as good as Virat Kohli is but I want a captain that send him at number 3 in both ODIs and T20. Its time to develop a versatile player like Umer Akmal. He can be a very good number 3 batsman.

sattar

Club Captain
Didnt the same jamshed was dropped by maxwell in the last super eight match against aussies and then he make them pay 1 decision cost v.much but again batting was not upto mark again 140 is still chaseable.But what i am proud of is making to 4 consecutive semi final in t20 worldcup with the situation around us no home matches in pakistan f not have good domestic structure no big money leagues but still was a good performance from pakistan team in this worldcup except ofcourse afridi and nazir

The team who hasn?t played a game in its home country since 3 years. A country whose players are banned to gain T20 experience in the IPL. A team whose players don?t get nominated for awards. A team whose players are paid the lowest salaries in the world. A team whose tricked into scandals. A team who has qualified for the semis and finals of all the last 7-8 major tournaments, including WT20 and Asia Cup glories in 2009 and 2012 respectively. A team whose bowlers are on the top of all the bowling rankings. A team who has given us so many moments of pride. A team who has given us so many unexpected wins. Don?t forget, we were T20 World Champions in 2009. We love you all. 180 million people back here are proud of you boys. God bless you all. TEAM PAKISTAN ZINDABAAD!

Last edited:

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I don't know why media is criticizing Pakistan .:noway

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
We lost from 16 runs , the same runs which we gave in the last over .:facepalm

In the last t20 world cup also in the semi final which we lost , in the last over we gave 18 runs to Aus and we lost by 18 runs .I hope this dose'nt happens in the upcoming cups .

spooony

Club Captain
We lost from 16 runs , the same runs which we gave in the last over .:facepalm

In the last t20 world cup also in the semi final which we lost , in the last over we gave 18 runs to Aus and we lost by 18 runs .I hope this dose'nt happens in the upcoming cups .

SL won by 16 runs because they preserved their wickets and could take more of a risk in the end

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
It was not close at all if you go by Cricket rules. You understand it or not but those umpires should understand it.
Nasir's dismissal was costly to Pakistan but to me turning point was how Hafeez throw his wicket when he was well settled.

One thing Umer Akmal showed in this tournament that he is very talented and passionate. He may not be as good as Virat Kohli is but I want a captain that send him at number 3 in both ODIs and T20. Its time to develop a versatile player like Umer Akmal. He can be a very good number 3 batsman.

Did you see where the ball pitched? It was very close to that line.. Ramiz Raja in the commentary made it seem as if it was a very huge blunder done by Rod Tucker. But the replays showed that it was a very hard decision for the umpire to judge that the ball pitched outside the line because it was so close.

spooony

Club Captain
Wait till you get 8 LBW decisions against you in a match and lose the match. That was bad umpiring

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
cuz they are attention seeking dicks

Is anyone else watching Salman butt and that lady politician on about Pakistan, they didn't lose on purpose. I hate the way the media portray someone. Had they won the cup the media would be on top of them. If you can't support your team when it at it's lowest you should support it when it is at it's highest

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Is anyone else watching Salman butt and that lady politician on about Pakistan, they didn't lose on purpose. I hate the way the media portray someone. Had they won the cup the media would be on top of them. If you can't support your team when it at it's lowest you should support it when it is at it's highest

Look at the irony there, Salman Butt of all people is commenting on Pakistan. :lol

Users who are viewing this thread