Discussion Online Play General Discussion

Okay. I don't play that often these days so ain't aware. But I've enjoyed the couple if natches I had played against. You were great competition.

Yes, I do remember playing against you bro, it was fun & I too enjoyed playing with you. Hope you are back to Online gaming soon. Would love to play again with you.

I find it pretty incredulous that someone makes the time to play an online match, sets them up via a chat window conversation only to click a button in a menu and "win" at the first opportunity...

I find it pretty incredulous that someone makes the time to play an online match, sets them up via a chat window conversation only to click a button in a menu and "win" at the first opportunity...

Its not easy, believe me, it takes years of practice and dedication...:D:D:D

I'm lost hahaha! I'll probably find out myself when I start playing online one day.

Wish they could have identified the "good" & "fair" gamers & named and shamed the people that play like that.

I'm lost hahaha! I'll probably find out myself when I start playing online one day.

Wish they could have identified the "good" & "fair" gamers & named and shamed the people that play like that.

Yes, I have already been Named & Shamed..:D:D

Tragically, it's quite effective.

I have played one game online so far, the lag was such bad, i barely scored 27 runs in 5 overs and then guy came to bat with Don Bradman and Sobers and six after six, as if all the lag was gone, I lost by 10 wickets in 1.1 overs.

This thread is for mentioning matches/tournaments that are being organised in the Online Play and Leagues forum - online matches in general should be discussed in the Online thread.

*coughs*

That's my experience too. Only game I've played with no lag was against Biggs who hammered me. I might have to stick to games against people who're nearby(ish) but they're all too good :)

I've played like a couple of games against guys I assume were in India where the lag wasn't present, but quite a bit of "what I saw wasn't what they saw" stuff going on. It's not foolproof the online gameplay and the best times to play are unfortunately outside of peak-traffic times in your local area... but when it works, it's incredible. It's worth it to keep trying if you have that patience, but I'd agree 100% it's almost a completely different game playing a "real" person*

*I don't think Matt is "real" I think he's a sentient computer sent back from the future to torture me with green-haired leprechaun bowlers.

A game like this (or a baseball game, which I'm more familiar with) are tough online due to lag. You have only milliseconds to react when hitting a pitched/bowled ball, and in a computer game you just can't react the same as you could in real life. There's no readjusting mid swing.

Add to that the tendency for the majority of online players to take any advantage they get, realistic or not, and the online experience can be pretty cheap. So yes, it's going to be a *very* different game online versus offline.

And then some of the guys comes to play online and say with you its lagging a alot....because you are from india......I will only play with my region players.....

[HASHTAG]#tothem[/HASHTAG]
Alt+f4 the game.......go outside....get a car...buy a map.....and then [HASHTAG]#GoToHell[/HASHTAG]

It's just the way it is.... i only play people from UK. It's a much more enjoyable experience for both parties.

Users who are viewing this thread