Discussion Online Play General Discussion

Yes , Instead of bowling good , some players use shoddy tactics, we should get rid of it.

It's not only online but I have fallen bunch of times to AI in offline mode (career mode) as well. Like of Miles, Palladino, Hopes, Bopara etc. still bowl a slower delivery around 80 kph - the slowest I have seen so far is 79 kph. The worst one is the short pitched slower one around 80 kph with yellow circle around it. It gets me every time as you expect a yellow circled one to be a full pitched delivery but this one pitches short and is so slow, you are through your shot by the time the ball arrives resulting in a LBW or bowled.

I haven't even bothered trying online because I just assumed it would be too difficult to code every cheapo exploit out of the game, and people playing online games tend to be dicks with cheapo exploits.

I just mean it's not a game I'm going to just rock up and play random people like I would in virtual pool or an fps.

Might give it a whirl at some stage if somebody else wants to play pro cam / no hud.

I haven't really learned to bowl or field properly yet though because I've literally done nothing but career batting.

I haven't even bothered trying online because I just assumed it would be too difficult to code every cheapo exploit out of the game, and people playing online games tend to be dicks with cheapo exploits.

Thats a very sweeping generalization you made there..I assume you had a very poor experience playing online, or is it you haven't played yet and its just you fear loosing. I am ranked No-2 in Online Leader-board (PC) and 99% of the matches I played (even with random opponents) were all very fun and I didnt came across so called "dicks with cheapo exploits"... May be our expectations defers.If you want I would play with you to change your view about online DBC.

It's not only online but I have fallen bunch of times to AI in offline mode (career mode) as well. Like of Miles, Palladino, Hopes, Bopara etc. still bowl a slower delivery around 80 kph - the slowest I have seen so far is 79 kph. The worst one is the short pitched slower one around 80 kph with yellow circle around it. It gets me every time as you expect a yellow circled one to be a full pitched delivery but this one pitches short and is so slow, you are through your shot by the time the ball arrives resulting in a LBW or bowled.

I've mentioned it before but I feel the massive variance in pace between a "good" delivery and a "poor" one penalises the batsman more than the bowler.

I would have it so that a poor ball results in the bowler spraying it (greater sensitivity in line and length) than a change in pace. For seam bowlers, pace changes (apart from deliberate slower/effort balls) should be restricted to ~5kph in an over.

Obviously bowling a long spell your pace would drop during the spell but a fast bowler might be bowling between 150-155 in his first over then down to 135-140 in his fifth consecutive over but the drop would be gradually in between overs and not fluctuating wildly through the over.

I've mentioned it before but I feel the massive variance in pace between a "good" delivery and a "poor" one penalises the batsman more than the bowler.

I would have it so that a poor ball results in the bowler spraying it (greater sensitivity in line and length) than a change in pace. For seam bowlers, pace changes (apart from deliberate slower/effort balls) should be restricted to ~5kph in an over.

Obviously bowling a long spell your pace would drop during the spell but a fast bowler might be bowling between 150-155 in his first over then down to 135-140 in his fifth consecutive over but the drop would be gradually in between overs and not fluctuating wildly through the over.

Yup, Big Ant needs to reduce the variance in bowling speed between faster and slower deliveries for pacers a lot more. Plus bowling a faster or slower one should be linked to confidence or allowed to do only a certain no. of times (say once every 2-3 overs). Currently we get pace ranging from 106 kph to 130 odd for fast medium bowlers every other delivery which is unrealistic, especially in the longer formats.

Was having a great test match with kushari when the game crashed to the desktop and didnt give us the chance to save.:mad,Gutted.:noway

Like to know why online is very slow ? Tried to play the game and took me 30 mins to join with a opponent. Will be like that or i need to stop my firewall ?

Yeap , the Speed Variances for the Fast Bowlers are just too wildly apart still.

In my latest online match , I had my opponent delivering either 116km/h Slowballs , or 158.8Km/h Extra Fast Balls , alternating whenever between the two.

This can never be allowed to occur every ball , and at such ease. Especially since there is no extra cue for the batsmen to know its a slower ball .

The Game must strive for a bit more realism here. They did close the gap from 97km/h to 116 , but I strongly feel it still needs more adjustment , plus one should not be able to bowl your two "Special" speed Balls continuously .

Yeap , the Speed Variances for the Fast Bowlers are just too wildly apart still.

In my latest online match , I had my opponent delivering either 116km/h Slowballs , or 158.8Km/h Extra Fast Balls , alternating whenever between the two.

This can never be allowed to occur every ball , and at such ease. Especially since there is no extra cue for the batsmen to know its a slower ball .

The Game must strive for a bit more realism here. They did close the gap from 97km/h to 116 , but I strongly feel it still needs more adjustment , plus one should not be able to bowl your two "Special" speed Balls continuously .

The variance for any bowler has to be within a 20 kph range, i.e. 155-135 kph for fast, 140-120 for fast medium and 115-95 for medium. Those should be the limits else it leads to cheesing either online or AI. I'm getting sick of the no. of times I get LBW or bowled due to loopy slower deliveries in career mode.

In real life a 110 kph long hop would be hammered by club cricketers but in a video game it isn't that easy to deal with especially when the bowler's top speed is 140+. This reduction in speed variance between slowest & fastest deliveries for bowlers has to be one of the main things to be fixed in the next patch along with allowing users to play standard pull/hook & cut shots along the ground. I hope Big Ant take a good hard look at these two items for patch 3.

Well this speed difference problem is rectified to a certain extent. But still there's scope of improvement..
Fast max speed 158
Slowest. 110

Fast medium max speed 146
Slowest. 101

Clearly there's just too much difference.
Some risk reward mechanism should be introduced to bowl slowest and the fastest.

Well this speed difference problem is rectified to a certain extent. But still there's scope of improvement..
Fast max speed 158
Slowest. 110

Fast medium max speed 146
Slowest. 101

Clearly there's just too much difference.
Some risk reward mechanism should be introduced to bowl slowest and the fastest.

Yep, agreed.

In my opinion, bowling a normal delivery should only result in variation of ~5 or 6kph in a single over. The upper limit of speed could drop over by over to account for fatigue.

Eg: first 2 overs 145-151kph; 3rd over 140-146kph; 4th over 135-141kph etc...

With faster and slower balls I would set them to a max variance of around 10kph above/below the max/min. So if the bowler is bowling between 140-146kph then the effort ball might be at 156kph while the slower ball is at 130kph.

I would do two things to avoid them become overused or exploited:

1) Increase the "swet spot" for facing such deliveries on the part of the batsman. This way if the batsman "picks" the change of pace you are likely to go the journey

2) Increase the likelihood of spraying such deliveries meaning that trying to nail that extra fast inswing yorker without sending it down the legside for 5 wides is a real challenge. As is delivering that perfect slower ball without it being a slow full toss or long hop...

Users who are viewing this thread