Online Quitting - Please Read

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thandamilk

Good game mate, thought you bowled well, to some good field placings, made it very difficult for me to score boundaries, not too sure on your tactics of using special team, for me it takes something out of the game, when you have 5 world class bowlers, and 8 world class batsmen. But anyway hope we can play again sometime, and the lag wasn't too bad at all.

Yep, good game. I have to learn to do better against extremely tight bowling and close fields that cut off certain shots. Also, I think you worked the field very well scoring all most half your runs behind square on the leg-side - another area I need to improve on I guess.

I'm happy to play a national team, I play with the CM11 more out of habit than anything else - its definitely not to gain any undue advantage. Glad you mentioned your preference so now I'll only play a national team with you, like with HMarka who also mentioned the same.

Yeah, you need some low risk shots, that keep the scoreboard ticking over, which then get your batsmen set enabling you to then play the big shots, and pierce the field, with better effect.

Didnt think you were trying to cheat or anything, but i feel it gets abit boring batting against 5 world class bowlers, with custom fields.

Folks feel free to add me to your friend list on PSN (PSN id 'cricket_online'). Have started playing online since the last 2 weeks and had a couple of games with 'narasimhabharati' and one with 'E-N-I-G-M-A'. Hoping to play 'E-N-I-G-M-A' over the weekend with a national team.

I am in EST time zone and am generally online night time EST 3-4 times a week.

Anyone else experiencing issues with the servers right now? The server dropped a game Lonewolf & I were in, and then won't let us get back on for another game. Frustrating.

Yea it happens occasionally, servers will act funny for a few hours. Are you able to log into the game? Sometimes it wont even let me do that

Able to login, yes. But, can't join games. Guess just have to wait a bit. Was hoping to have an early start to the weekend.

Folks feel free to add me to your friend list on PSN (PSN id 'cricket_online'). Have started playing online since the last 2 weeks and had a couple of games with 'narasimhabharati' and one with 'E-N-I-G-M-A'. Hoping to play 'E-N-I-G-M-A' over the weekend with a national team.

I am in EST time zone and am generally online night time EST 3-4 times a week.

Awesome, good to see you here... and yeah looking forward to our next match too ;)

* For the non-informed our first match was a fairly laggy affair, me NZ Vs CG XI. Needless to say it was basically a non-event with the long line-up of Fasts queuing for a piece of me meaning I never had a chance of timing any shots consistently. So while 'cricket_online' got the win, I'm happy to share with you that it wasn't an enjoyable match for me, and probably not very satisfying for him at the same time.

Good to see you guys having some great games! Beats the moaning that can go on here!:) I don't mind moaning as long as it is between the sheets with my girlfriend!

Yea I agree, as a general rule I never play anyone who picks a special team, I just kick them from the start.

Picking 4 fast bowlers and having a tight circle is not good bowling, its not even good cricket.

Yea I agree, as a general rule I never play anyone who picks a special team, I just kick them from the start.

Picking 4 fast bowlers and having a tight circle is not good bowling, its not even good cricket.

Alot of games I create take a min or two for people to join... so I've taken to picking my squad, leaving it ready to go, and walking away... coming back when I hear the commentary at start of game.

So by then I'm usually locked into the game :facepalm

.. and agree with your second statement. I never close my field fully and generally always try and leave 2 on boundary to keep an open field.

I'd rather let people score some runs in a couple places (try and stop boundaries of course) and get a good game of cricket than just try and smother someone and go for the easy wickets off slightly mistimed shots which are gonna happen eventually when laggy anyway.

.. it's like the people who play laggy games and bowl every ball yorkers just waiting for that extra laggy ball to bowl the batter out (ie. when the batter accidentally presses the shot button when the balls still stuck in the bowlers hand).

Awesome, good to see you here... and yeah looking forward to our next match too ;)

* For the non-informed our first match was a fairly laggy affair, me NZ Vs CG XI. Needless to say it was basically a non-event with the long line-up of Fasts queuing for a piece of me meaning I never had a chance of timing any shots consistently. So while 'cricket_online' got the win, I'm happy to share with you that it wasn't an enjoyable match for me, and probably not very satisfying for him at the same time.

I have started selecting a national side in case my opponent has a national side when I join the session. But in case my opponent hasn't selected a team (i.e. is in the process of selecting a team and I can't see which side has been chosen) or has selected one of the XI teams (Asia XI or World XI) I pick a XI team as well. One of the reasons is that most of the ppl I play online select one of these XI teams. You can always send me a message as to what ur preference is and I will pick a team accordingly.

Rocky_pratik

Played the above player on pc,wish i hadnt.
I made 150 for 1 in 10 overs,he is 40 for eight when he quits the game.:mad:
Yet if u beleive the stats he is supposed to be a good player.:):noway

yesterday the servers were like sh*t
me and thandamilk connected and the conn dropped and then for some reason we cud not connect again at all
same thing happened with another guy named fsih82
the game was at such an interesting point .............

More quitters

Today's list:

royston1980

the_john_rambo

mschadha (to his credit, the only one who responded with a "done" to my pre-game "no quitting please" message. And, he quit early enough. Didn't respond to my message after the quit though. I'd like to think he got disconnected and if he replies later, will take him off my quit list)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread