Online Quitting - Please Read

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I am, I might be free tonight, am supposed to play ENIGMA or gougie, but if they do not show Ill hit you up.

BTW Im not a fan of using all close fielders and multiple fast bowlers, Im not saying dont use that strategy, but if you do, Ill probably avoid you in the future. ;)

gougie and I adhered to the following rules. Hope you are fine with the same...

1. 1 fast bowlers max per team

2. Team to be a Test team and not a XI team

3. Only 2 close-in fielders - max one on each side. Definition of close-in fielders is short cover, short mid-wicket or closer (all those fielding spots close to the bat). Slips (Regular slips and not leg slip) are excluded from the definition as they are legitimate fielding spots and don't hinder the batsman from finding gaps.

4. At least 2 men on the boundary at all times. This will ensure that we have a decent game and there are gaps you can target.

You read my mind mate, that is how most of us play. (short xtra cover is also one of the close guys)

Do you have MSN? its good fun to chat while we play on that

Just had a very bad experience with the field placings lilas set me, no gaps no boundary fielders at all, and some lag involved for good measure, in my opinion it makes playing so boring and unrealistic, p1ss poor game. :facepalm

Can do a game now cricketonline, if your available mate.

No wonder so many people quit on lilas then if he just exploits the game using close fielders and fast bowlers. Its just not cricket

No wonder so many people quit on lilas then if he just exploits the game using close fielders and fast bowlers. Its just not cricket

Just pwned two guys named Mitchcricket(quitter) and blaze(didnt quit). The first one bowled 5 overs full of yorkers and second one bowled 4 overs of bouncers. I gave them the dose of their own medicine.

This should have reminded them of Justin Timberlake's song - What goes around comes around

Bowling to a tight ring with close fielders takes no skill. Its just relying on lag or a batsman mistake or an exploit (perfect shot catches) to get wickets. Give me enough time and I could train a monkey to bowl like that .

Now setting proper fields with singles available and bowling to a plan and getting the batsman out is way more satisfying for both bowler and batsman.

Against some people batting is almost a chore, needless to say, I never play them again and if I hear horror stories on here, I never give them a chance in the 1st place

Really wish I had a decent PC so I could play you boney, and jara and the lot. Seems like you guys and the few ps3 guys on here are the only people left who still play this game online.

My thoughts exactly mate.

gougie added 6 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

Just pwned two guys named Mitchcricket(quitter) and blaze(didnt quit). The first one bowled 5 overs full of yorkers and second one bowled 4 overs of bouncers. I gave them the dose of their own medicine.

This should have reminded them of Justin Timberlake's song - What goes around comes around

I sometimes do the same mate, but with the time you waist with quitters, i dont have time to waist playing 40 overs of garbage, i just want 40 overs of interesting cricket win or loose easy.

Last edited:
My thoughts exactly mate.

gougie added 6 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

I sometimes do the same mate, but with the time you waist with quitters, i dont have time to waist playing 40 overs of garbage, i just want 40 overs of interesting cricket win or loose easy.

I dont play T20's with strangers lol. I only play T20's with some of the guys here. I mostly play 5 over games.

I can't do 5/10 over matches. Thats not to say they don't require their own skill set. I simply do not get the same satisfaction out of 50(14) as I do from 50(45).

Also, since I love bowling more than batting, 5 over matches are just awful :facepalm

Yeah but its better to play some cricket lol even though its of 5 overs. I also like bowling. Trapping the batsman and getting him out gives better feeling than hitting a six to me.

Bowling in AC09 is great, you can bowl to a plan and reap the rewards, which is why I do not understand people who use exploits. They are not needed, especially if your a halfway decent player

Just had a very bad experience with the field placings lilas set me, no gaps no boundary fielders at all, and some lag involved for good measure, in my opinion it makes playing so boring and unrealistic, p1ss poor game. :facepalm

Can do a game now cricketonline, if your available mate.

I don't understand how of all people u question field settings ....the field placing you use allows only one risk free shot that too fetches a single .. the game is anything but robotic in that case as all through u expect me to play one shot for a single to deep square lef ....as I mentioned earlier other than the 4 overs of fast bowler for the other 16 overs from my slow bowlers u can easily glance or drive the bowler for 4 (and not a single).. I think it is only tactical to invite you to drive and keep a doubt by varying my lengths between off n leg.. its not like I have fielders on only one side and I am only bowling away from the stumps continuously my only attacking fielder as at short mid on rest are all in the ring..

In both games we played ur scores were 78 all out and 79 all out in 7 overs so u were going at well over 10 rpo off course you lost a lot of wickets but that was when you just tried to slog you were doing very well on both instances playing grounded shots going over 10 losing only 2-3 wickets.... you whereas my scores were 150 all out (rr of 7.5) and 40/0 in 8 overs (rr 5) so we both know who has a robotic gameplan

Last edited:
To demonstrate my point further I attach rough field placing of both mine and yours gougie ..however as I mentioned I play for fun and I enjoy your field placings coz though robotic they do seem tactical and allow a game where you build your inning rather than just slog and look for totals of 300 and 400 plus ... however I am open to playing no custom fields or rules like only 1 attacking fielder though the rules should be same for both sides and not a case where you can conviniently set fields to cut down boundaries but I can't do so...I guess best option is to play each other with 2 fielders outside ring mandatory ..though that ll suit your field placing fine but I guess I d have to find a way around it

But the drive isnt too easy to play either, when you bowl around the wicket, and whip it into leg, and the flick to fine leg can only played, from straight or leg side balls, and even after the power play you persisted with the same field, if there was no lag involved it wouldnt be that bad, but with lag it made the game really unenjoyable, whats wrong with a good realistic game, win or loose, makes for a better contest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread