Pakistan in England/Scotland 2006

Who are your men of the series? (select one from each team)

• Total voters
I think Kaneria's late blows made the game that evenly poised.

i dont think there willl be enough time left in the game for a result..england cautiousness will ensure that they bat until pakistan have no realistic chance of winning (400 if possible). even if pakistan were to get the last 3 wickets very quickly, 350 at over 4 an over on the fifth day is still a big ask

hheshh said:
i dont think there willl be enough time left in the game for a result..england cautiousness will ensure that they bat until pakistan have no realistic chance of winning (400 if possible). even if pakistan were to get the last 3 wickets very quickly, 350 at over 4 an over on the fifth day is still a big ask

Trouble is our remaining batsman, can they get 67 runs?

Sounds like yet another "relatively" irresponsible Jones dismissal...
To be honest, I dunno if the remaining bats will be able to notch up another 59 runs to achieve a lead of 400, but by all means, it's possible. They're all capable of scoring, but they'll have to do so quickly in order to allow a decent amount of time with which to put Pakistan under any sort of serious pressure. The ploy where the opposition is given enough of a sniff of victory that it could work in England's favour may be used, but it's probably a touch too risky, what with Pakistan's long-batting line-up and inarguable attacking firepower...

Its gonna be a draw. Those wasted overs this morning could cost England.

Only reason why I see Strauss didn't declare overnight is that the pitch is still playing very well apart from the odd one staying low. Looks more like a day 3 pitch than a day 5.

Good work Hoggy!! first ball :D

Well that is strange. Plunkett got a wicket. But he actually didn't. The batsmen edged the ball and no one appealed. I guess they didn't hear it. Definate edge though shown on replay.

Need 300 runs in 56 overs with 8 wickets left. I reakon that Pakistan are a fair dinkum chance of winning. Especially with big hitters Afridi, Razzaq and Ahkmal down the order.

For God sake, faisal Iqbal waisting overs, damn. 85 ball for just 20 runs,

usy said:
For God sake, faisal Iqbal waisting overs, damn. 85 ball for just 20 runs,

And how many times has a total of 380 been made in a single day in a test, let alone chased in 80 overs on a 5th day? They are quite rightly playing for a draw.

Users who are viewing this thread