Pakistan in England/Scotland 2006

Who are your men of the series? (select one from each team)

• Total voters
They certainly should, I'm reckoning that Panesar will get the rest of the wickets, which is 2

Harmison very effective against the tail-enders.

Harmison needs one more wicket for his first 10-fer in test cricket. Come on Harmy!

This is great for England.
They are close to wrapping up the test withing 3 days.
What a come-back after the Sri Lankan tour.
Amazing ! :)

One of the best played Tests from England since Trent Bridge.

Beat this Aussies!

It just shows what can happen when we have a pitch that suits the team. The Windies went through the 1980's producing pitches like this and terrifying opposition batsmen.
Well played England.

barmyarmy said:
It just shows what can happen when we have a pitch that suits the team. The Windies went through the 1980's producing pitches like this and terrifying opposition batsmen.
Well played England.

Agreed. It isn't a coincidence that we were hammered on a dustbowl against Sri Lanka at Trent Bridge, and it is also no coincidence that we hammered Pakistan on a pitch suited for us. Why on earth can't other groundsman produce pitches like this for us too?

I'm even more gutted that Old Trafford won't have an Ashes test in 2009.

evertonfan said:
He is fast becoming a fantastic spinner. For a finger spinner he can give it one hell of a rip. Please don't bring back Giles, Mr.Fletcher; Please!

Monty's becoming a force to reckon with. Got Yusuf, Inzi, and Afridi, out. These guys play Spin better than anyone else.

In India too he got the likes of Dravid and Tendulkar out, that too on his first tour. I remember Shane Warne being clobberred on his first Indian tour by Tendulkar, Laxman, Sidhu, and just about everyone else.

If Monty can do well against India and Pakistan, Aussies have a big problem to face this winter.

evertonfan said:
Agreed. It isn't a coincidence that we were hammered on a dustbowl against Sri Lanka at Trent Bridge, and it is also no coincidence that we hammered Pakistan on a pitch suited for us. Why on earth can't other groundsman produce pitches like this for us too?

I'm even more gutted that Old Trafford won't have an Ashes test in 2009.

A Fast and bouncy Pitch like Old Trafford, that suits England bowlers will suit the Kangaroos even better.
Be careful what you ask for, you might just get it.

Congrats to Monty on his second five wicket haul in Tests, and to Harmisson for becoming the first England bowler to get 10 wickets in an Old Trafford Test since some bloke called Laker.

Hopefully the selectors won't consider Giles pathetic average in England as being better than Panesar's excellent bowling ability.

MONTY MONTY MONTY PANESAR, what a left arm finger spinning genious, and Harmison, what a legend, a scare this morning and he comes back with a five for, i thought Pietersen had two wickets as on't teletext it sed he'd removed Afridi and erm....Sami :D what a day, what win.

Right whos gunna have a bet with me that in tomorrows paper England will be talked up massively for the Ashes after one spectacular win?

I know itll happen but people cant say it soooooooo strictly at this stage, we have alot of time to play with, therefore risk of Pietersen breaking his back or sumthing

Congrats to all the English fans! u guys were too good for us in this match.
But, be careful, im sure Pakistan will bounce back at Headingly!

Watch out, Akhtar to come, Keep farhat, and remove Faisal Iqbal, Mohammad Sami.

Congrats English Fans, I agree that England played well in this match, well 3rd and 4th still left but!

As Bumble stated today, Geraint Jones batting form has took a turn for the worst although his keeping skills have gradually improved. The only problem is that Chris Read is hitting runs for fun and he was originally dropped for Geraint, who was supposed to be a consitent batter, over the last few weeks he is lucky to make double figures. It must be very hard for selectors to choose their number 1 keeper. MONTY IS A LEDGEND!!

s2sschan said:
A Fast and bouncy Pitch like Old Trafford, that suits England bowlers will suit the Kangaroos even better.
Be careful what you ask for, you might just get it.

Are you talking about English pitches here? Because that's exactly what we had against 'the kangaroos' last year and we beat them.

I reckon is depends for Aus on whether Shaun Tait is fit and whether Lee and McGrath can perform. Certainly though we need Flintoff fit and Plunkett, Mahmood or Tremlett to step up (assuming SiJo is unfit!)

Users who are viewing this thread