Pakistan in England/Scotland 2006

Who are your men of the series? (select one from each team)

• Total voters
barmyarmy said:
What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Mon-ster? Is it a Mon-ster?

That should be played when he comes to the crease!

Younis Khan has decided to attack here. Why? Surely he should play as he has done all day.

216 needed with 6 wickets left, but Yousuf and Inzi are gone, if Younis falls then we really should win.

hondeyho said:
216 needed with 6 wickets left, but Yousuf and Inzi are gone, if Younis falls then we really should win.

It's England, it's never as straightforward as that!

We really should win this though.

Panesar is really turning this ball here!

MONTY PANESAR!

Out goes Younis Khan, LBW to the Montster :D

He is fast becoming a fantastic spinner. For a finger spinner he can give it one hell of a rip. Please don't bring back Giles, Mr.Fletcher; Please!

evertonfan said:
He is fast becoming a fantastic spinner. For a finger spinner he can give it one hell of a rip. Please don't bring back Giles, Mr.Fletcher; Please!

He won't, once Fletcher likes somebody, he sticks with them. Just like he's stuck with Geraint Jones, and how he stuck with Bell throughout last years Ashes.

hondeyho said:
He won't, once Fletcher likes somebody, he sticks with them. Just like he's stuck with Geraint Jones, and how he stuck with Bell throughout last years Ashes.

I agree with you, but he may like to 'stick' with Giles, which would be a huge step in the wrong direction for England.

Yorkshire_No1 said:
He really is a class act, Monty should get his best figures for England in this game now :)

Don't jinx him! If he gets a 7-fer then he can claim his first 10 wicket match haul. Oh damn, now i've jinxed him.

looks like england will win this! great bowling by Monty, I must say I didnt expect him to do any damage to us, probably our batsman didnt think he would do anything good either...
so for Pak its on to 3rd test now, hopefully one of our 3 bowlers will come back, or else we will lose again...can anyone tell me what the pitch is usually like at headingly ?

ali_ed2001 said:
looks like england will win this! great bowling by Monty, I must say I didnt expect him to do any damage to us, probably our batsman didnt think he would do anything good either...
so for Pak its on to 3rd test now, hopefully one of our 3 bowlers will come back, or else we will lose again...can anyone tell me what the pitch is usually like at headingly ?

Headingly usually swings a a fair bit, so Hoggard could play a part.

ali_ed2001 said:
which means we will be most likely be something like 10-2 after 6 overs

It depends which players open for you. Akmal shouldn't be opening; He's just a lot better at 7, which is where I have seen him play most.

That's a Five-Er for Monty, congrats to him on his first and definetly not his last :D

Right then, can we wrap this one up on Day 3?

Afridi looking aggressive; Who knows, maybe he can do a Botham at Headingley 81 moment?

I love Monty.

EDIT: Afridi gone and Pakistan 7 down now. England should wrap this up tonight now.

Last edited:
It's like an ICC2005 game. One bowler gets nearly everyone out in an innings with someone else getting 2 or 3, those results are reversed in the second innings. The batting is either brilliant innings or start then fail.

Users who are viewing this thread