Pakistan in Sri Lanka

Well Pakistan should look to win this series 2-0, without Jayasuriya, and Vaas everyone else accept Murli is notreally experienced and in good form.

Pak_cricketer said:
Well Pakistan should look to win this series 2-0, without Jayasuriya, and Vaas everyone else accept Murli is notreally experienced and in good form.
Jayasuria and Vaas are only out of the first ODI. Tests don't start till the 24th of March.

MAJID-A said:
Its amazing how many stupid people are 'contributing' to this thread. What's the point of saying Pakistan will thrash Sri Lanka or vice versa without justification, if you have relevant comments to make, make them. Otherwise I think people like 'wahindiawah' should just shut up.

not just wahindiawah, but others aswell.
may be when people start threads, they need to mention this.

Seriously, we've seen so many stupid comments. Not that it is going to affect anyone here. It just disrupts the flow of good arguments/thoughts in the thread.
I think mods have to turn their attention towards unwanted, stupid posts and deal with them right away. If not, too many users will be spending too much time replying to unwanted material.

From Pakistani body language ,you can see that they are desperate for a win. They are in some good form in tests, and SL too are in reasonable form. Can Pakistan neutralize the murali factor with something out of the ordinary? is the question.

nightprowler10 said:
I disagree. Warm-up matches are very important as they help the visiting team get used to the conditions.

I disagree, lack of warm up matches will be a great excuse for Inzamam for the defeat in the comming series.

you better post your garbage elsewhere. YOu are just disrupting the discussion here. May be in the off-topic forum?

Warm up matches are important. Like Richards said, its just not the team you always play. You play the conditions, and in subcontinent, you want to get used to the conditions.SL is different than the mainbody, so its always helpful to get used to the conditions and wickets.

cricket_lover said:
you better post your garbage elsewhere. YOu are just disrupting the discussion here. May be in the off-topic forum?

Warm up matches are important. Like Richards said, its just not the team you always play. You play the conditions, and in subcontinent, you want to get used to the conditions.SL is different than the mainbody, so its always helpful to get used to the conditions and wickets.

Well then what were PCB doing till now?? they should have pointed it out much earlier, whats the point of whingning now??

I think Pak will still win the match as Lanka are without Jaya and Vaas.Unless Pak play absolute crap cricket, Pak will be able to win the ODI thanks to lady luck which seems to be smiling on them right now.

no one is whining. May be you are just taking advantage of that.

If the samething happens to India, Eng. or Australia, i'm sure people will say the same thing...lack of practice games. May be the schedules are tight, there are factors both boards will look at prior to fixing the tour.

Pak. has enormous talent, it doesn't have to rely too much on luck to win the games.

cricket_lover said:
no one is whining. May be you are just taking advantage of that.

If the samething happens to India, Eng. or Australia, i'm sure people will say the same thing...lack of practice games. May be the schedules are tight, there are factors both boards will look at prior to fixing the tour.

I have nothing to gain from it so there shouldn't be talk of advantage.

Pak board should have done their homework well, and shouldn't have agreed on such a dumb schedule.

As for for Pak having talent, then Lanka too have it, and they happen to have more.I'm backing Lanka to win the test matches but i think Pak will win OD due to certain circumstances.

Its one thing to wish for your rival team to lose, as I do whenever India play, but its another thing when you hate a team/country with a passion as you seem to do. Life's too short to hate, and its not good for your health either.

nightprowler10 said:
I disagree. Warm-up matches are very important as they help the visiting team get used to the conditions.

Spot on nightprowler imagine India/Pakistan coming from there home pitches straight into a bouncy Aussie wicket or green English/NZ wickets. They would get hammered! Warm up matches are a necessarity for players to get use to the conditions. This case it probably doesn't matter as much cause Pakistan are use to spinning decks.

aussie1st said:
This case it probably doesn't matter as much cause Pakistan are use to spinning decks.
True. But even India got to play two warm-up games in Pakistan, and they only traveled 100 miles to Lahore. I think its just bad planning on PCB and SLC's part, kinda like the two-test series.

nightprowler10 said:
Its one thing to wish for your rival team to lose, as I do whenever India play, but its another thing when you hate a team/country with a passion as you seem to do. Life's too short to hate, and its not good for your health either.

Hey mate i like Pak team, but i just like SL team more.And i noticed that most of the ppl here for some odd reason were backing Pak when i believe SL has the better team.

Anyway my best wishes for both the teams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wahindiawah said:
And i think they are happy about it.

Its better to go into the international match without having being defeated in the side games.
You must have less Knowledge about Cricket, Andrew here a person to teach :p .

Wahindiawah said:
Hey mate i like Pak team, but i just like SL team more.And i noticed that most of the ppl here for some odd reason were backing Pak when i believe SL has the better team.

Anyway my best wishes for both the teams.

thats exactly why they are rating 7th in ODI and test, :rolleyes: or you just talking Bull's S*it ?

Last edited:
Has anyone seen Abdur Rehman?? the official age of the player is 24 or 26 but man he looks like 35 years old!!!

I hope Pak win the OD series, Sl team is weakned by the absence of its main player (Vaas and Jayasuria), i think its a golden chance for Pak to win a few matches agsint a depleted SL side and restore some pride after the humiliating defeat against the Indian OD side.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread