Pakistan Tour of Australia 2009/10

Gee hasnt Hauritz done the job, good on him, he's a really useful cricketer, you have to admire his game, its not the greatest in the world but boy he is doing a credible job.

Ah, I see Pakistan's plan here after lunch. Give Hauritz a 5fer and we'll get to face up to him for at least two more tests.

Ah, I see Pakistan's plan here after lunch. Give Hauritz a 5fer and we'll get to face up to him for at least two more tests.

:laugh :)

I still feel we could've won this, even after the initial Johnson burst! :crying

lol

But really, Hauritz is starting to get some consistency in wicket taking and containment, exactly what Ponting would have wanted.

On that note, Ponting just became the most successful cricketer in:

1- Most successful captain passing S.Waugh
2- Most successful participation's passing S.Warne

:clap

Hauritz :hpraise

He had a great Test match. First ever 5fer and his second Test half century and highest Test score.

interesting to see if Rauf and Farhat make the cut for the next test.

Ajmal and Iqbal might be getting dropped anyway if the first choice players for those positions come back. so that would be 4 changes.

I think Ajmal will be dropped for Kaneria (as long as he is back) and maybe Rauf will be dropped for Gul. I'm not sure about Farhat and Iqbal though.

That was Vettori like by Hauritz with the extra bounce taking the wickets rather than extreme turn.

Watson gets MOTM.

Sounds like Warne spoke to Hauritz yesterday or sometime during this test. Coincidence that it lead to his first ever 5 fer?

Rauf seems unlikely, but his circumstances are all a bit of a mystery. They didn't like Umar Gul's form, so they called up the next man, but they also got Mohammad Sami flown in. Considering that, it doesn't sound like they have much confidence in either of their third pacemen, which begs the question as to why Rauf got picked in the first place; if they stuck with Umar Gul for one more game, they could make a clean, uncomplicated decision for Sydney.

Ajmal might stay if they want two spinners, though I must say the last pitch used in domestic one dayers at Sydney had a lot of bounce and carry in it. Though they may play two spinners, it could well be folly.

We saw some glimpses of the real games of Faisal Iqbal and Misbah ul-Haq. Both players have devoted much effort to playing Tests in a fashion that doesn't suit them, but their ideal cricket appears to be capable of presenting new challenges for the fielding team. Misbah I think would be an invaluable player with the confidence to attack.

I'm an advocate of sticking with an opening partnership and trying to work with it, but there is cause for alarm when you have two left handed openers who both get out lbw in both innings. Australia's use of left arm pace could prove problematic, as there was so very little treachery at work on the balls which got them out.

I would consider trading Salman Butt for Fawad Alam, but that brings the worry that any runs the latter makes would be nullified by his fielding. It must be said however, that Pakistan can choose few who don't run that risk to a considerable degree.

There is no doubt Younus Khan should have been picked, but in a team with so many question marks and players on their umpteenth chance at Test level, it is hard to say who is a real chance of being a good player and who is just a pretender. Ever the mercurial competitors, the way forward for Pakistan is unlikely to start obeying convention now.

Users who are viewing this thread