Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I always assume that at some point someone with better translation skills gets it right. I noticed they'd change Noman's name on cricinfo today. Saw last year they changed Murali's name on there too about 8 years after his retirement.
Yeah, for some names it can be tricky spelling it right in English.
The lack of full names is also why Pakistanis and some other South Asian players tend to be classified by the first letter of their forename, instead of their surname. Imran Khan is listed among the players whose surnames start with "i", for example, although his full name is Imran Ahmed Khan Niazi. Similarly, Misbah-ul-Haq's full name is Misbah-ul-Haq Khan Niazi
There are some exceptions, like Shaheen Shah Afridi, who uses his full name, unlike the likes of Naseem Shah or Yasir Shah, or Shadab Khan

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Was a decent day for Pakistan. Would want to wrap up the innings for less than 300 conceded. Yes, we did chase 344 in Galle last year, but, generally, batting last here is hard.
We should have played Hasan Ali or Nawaz instead of Noman, who doesn't offer much on flat pitches.

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
They’re trying to be positive, but they’ve looked reckless

Neptune

Panel of Selectors
Avengers
I dont see why Pakistan changed their tactics, personally thought they were a fantastic batting unit when they batted cautiously and drained the opposition
Their top 4 arent really suited to Bazball it, and there's no need to anyway

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I dont see why Pakistan changed their tactics, personally thought they were a fantastic batting unit when they batted cautiously and drained the opposition
Their top 4 arent really suited to Bazball it, and there's no need to anyway
Babar will be our best batter ever when he retires, but he his lack of vision as captain is concerning. Simply trying to copy BazBall is not the answer, at least not on this track. Have to be pragmatic.

Neptune

Panel of Selectors
Avengers
Babar will be our best batter ever when he retires, but he his lack of vision as captain is concerning. Simply trying to copy BazBall is not the answer, at least not on this track. Have to be pragmatic.
Abdullah Shafique and Saud Shakeel currently have a strike rate of 41, Shan Masood and Imam have a SR of 47 in Tests atm. Can't think of another team who bat as slowly as Pak currently, maybe except the WI

All the batsmen I've mentioned have had decent to very good success recently. Makes no sense to ask them all to attack Prabath Jayasuriya who's in amazing form at home.

Users who are viewing this thread