Pakistan Tour To Sri Lanka May-June 2012

The pathetic decision of bringing back Farhat and Yasir Arafat into the team. Seems like Sifaarish (References) are still on the way. A lot of fresh good talent has been inducted into the team like Khalid Latif, Haris Sohail and Shakeel Ansar. However Preferring Imran Farhat on what grounds is totally non-understandable.

Plus, You brought back Ahmed Shehzad and Nasir Jamshed on the basis of BPL and refused to Induct Imran Nazir who even performed very well in the recent Domestic T20 Cup alongside with BPL. :facepalm

Squads have been announced for this tour. I'm glad we'll get to see some good cricket finally, tired of the IPL and England already. A few unknowns to me in Pakistan's T20 side, interested to see what the fans think of them.

Pakistan T20 squad: Mohammad Hafeez, Ahmed Shehzad, Hammad Azam, Haris Sohail, Khalid Latif, Mohammad Sami, Raza Hasan, Saeed Ajmal, Shahid Afridi, Shakeel Ansar, Shoaib Malik, Sohail Tanvir, Umar Akmal, Umar Gul, Yasir Arafat, Nasir Jamshed (withdrawn).

Sri Lanka T20 squad: Mahela Jayawardene, Dinesh Chandimal, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Chamara Kapugedera, Nuwan Kulasekara, Kaushal Lokuarachchi, Lasith Malinga, Angelo Mathews, Thisara Perera, Kumar Sangakkara, Sachithra Senanayake, Upul Tharanga, Lahiru Thirimanne, Isuru Udana.

ODI squads and Pak's Test squad are on cricinfo too, but I'm too lazy to type them right now and will be using that ^ for when I create the fantasy cricket game :p

Haris Sohail(LHB) well,i saw him today he was looking good before Hafeez ran him out :facepalm.Have seen Raza Hasan(Slow LA) quite often.He is economical and has very good average but doesn't have enough swing.I don't think he'll be too lethal for any team.We already have 3 quality spinner in our team so it doesn't look like that He's gonna get enough chances.Shakeel Ansar(WK) just scored a 100 in a t20 and came into team,career stats aren't impressive

Last edited:
If that image of Shahid Afridi and Umar Akmal on Cricinfo isn't a potential Pepsi ad, I don't know what is.

My XI:

Mohammed Hafeez
Ahmed Shehzad
Khalid Latif
Umar Akmal
Shahid Afridi
Shoaib Malik
Hammad Azam
Shakeel Ansar
Umar Gul
Saeed Ajmal
Sohail Tanvir/Yasir Arafat/Mohammed Sami.

Good batting depth and great bowling all round

Shakeen Ansar dont seem a good prospect to me.... one of those who struggle to grab a bat properly even...

^Yeah right.I hope he won't get too many balls to waste in both t20s :D.On paper it looks like we've got a good t20 line up.Fast Bowling department is a concern for me.Both tanvir and Sami could go for plenty any day.Thank God there isn't Misbah,This really has increased our chances to beat SL in t20s

Perera, Mathews fashion massive win in low-scorer

Sri Lanka v Pakistan, 1st T20, Hambantota
The Report by Sidharth Monga
June 1, 2012

Sri Lanka 132 for 7 (Perera 32*, Tanvir 3-12) beat Pakistan 95 (Mathews 2-8, Malinga 2-12, Kulasekara 2-13) by 37 runs
Scorecard and ball-by-ball details
Sri Lanka threw their wickets away through reckless shots, conceded 17 runs through wides and about 10 through misfields, but thanks to the Josephian Mafia - a moniker Thisara Perera and Angelo Mathews have earned from the school they shared - still won by a whopping 37 runs. It was an unremarkable night of cricket with most of the wickets owing neither to the bowling nor the pitch, but many will argue it's a trait that can be attributed to Twenty cricket in general because of the devaluation of a wicket.

Perera and Mathews, though, stood out. Perera first scored a two-a-ball 32 to give Sri Lanka a fighting chance from 89 for 7. Mathews then bowled a testing spell of outswing for eight runs and two wickets. The two came together when Perera flew at third man to catch Shoaib Malik off the bowling of Mathews. Perera and Mathews were the highlight of the night, which featured a lot of inexplicable cricket otherwise.

At the top of the innings, having won the toss, three Sri Lankan batsmen used to Twenty20 cricket of late in the IPL, got themselves out in the first three overs of Sohail Tanvir. Jayawardene got a leading edge before judging the pace of the pitch, Dilshan picked out fine leg, and Sangakkara dragged a full and wide delivery on. On another day all three could have gone for boundaries, and the bowler and the pitch would have had just as much to do with it.

For Full Article Visit The Following Website: Sri Lanka v Pakistan, 1st T20, Hambantota: Perera, Mathews fashion massive win in low-scorer | Sri Lanka v Pakistan, 1st T20, Hambantota Report | Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

^Stunning really: wides were the 2nd top scorer for Pakistan :eek:

Anyone see this game? Way too early in the morning for me...

wow pakistan can't chase down 132 runs. :D well played sri lanka hope you will win your t20 last match as well

wow pakistan can't chase down 132 runs. :D well played sri lanka hope you will win your t20 last match as well

Be patient.... We will see in the next one :) Pakistan has had a habit of starting as off low and then defeating top teams. News players have been inducted and there is definitely a sort of pressure on them to perform, plus new conditions. it will take time to get used to

I dont see the logic of Sami when we should be playing Hammad Azam instead of him.

The batting is very weak. Shafiq should be there to strengthen it, and Malik is a has been.

well,i was expecting this.we have a pathetic batting unit.they may perform once in a blue moon but not regularly.they even cant give support to our bowling.its not just about the condition.we have seen them failing on flat tracks as well in recent times.our domestic performers dont perform at this level.our seniors think they've done enough to cement their place forever.bad short selections and no definite plan

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread