Patch #2 Must Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any way to be able to add a function to check the condition of the ball or at least how many overs old it is?
Only thing you can really do is take a look at an interactive replay and zoom in to the ball and look at its condition.

It was a leg glance; went flat over the square leg boundary for 6.
I've also been caught on the boundary at deep cover with a mis-timed drive. Neither used slog or advance.

I have hit 6 with normal shot - straight drive

Hi people
I'm new in here.
First post.
Is there going to be a fielding radar in a patch soon? Also what are the xp's for? Not that I have any. Every time I turn my console on my xp's are zero even though I'd accumulated some after playing a test match with my son. Yes the game saved. I also have to invert the controls each time I turn my console on.
I like the game. There's a lot of kinks to iron out though.
Any info appreciated.
Cheers Kat
Strange Times ? the world is stranger than your think...

Online quitting

Have a rating system like ashes 2009 for online mode to see if your opponent tends to complete matches.Sick of quitters already.:mad

Not sure if this was mentioned before, but please in patch 2 or 3 or at some point can the stumps please please please be made to fly out of the ground when bowled.

It is such an anti climax when you bowl someone and the stumps just sit there ;)

Not sure if this was mentioned before, but please in patch 2 or 3 or at some point can the stumps please please please be made to fly out of the ground when bowled.

It is such an anti climax when you bowl someone and the stumps just sit there ;)

Ya this would be awesome

Playing on Pro, I initially started doing what all good tail-enders do, and that is swing for all you are worth. Unfortunately, it works too well because they just about always clear the fence and I have hit more than a couple of 50's and even a 100 with a tail-ender. My request is thus that the tail-enders are made to be real tail-enders than are more that useless with batting.

Last edited:
choice field setting from the AI.

silly on, mid on, deep mid on AND a silly off, mid off and a dep mid off.

what the hell was that about.

The more I play the more the AI fields wind me up. I mean honestly, how did such a broken system - and that is it exactly what it is - come to be? I love so much about this game but I find it hard to overlook this... Every cricket game ever knew what a field might be in a given format/situation

The more I play the more the AI fields wind me up. I mean honestly, how did such a broken system - and that is it exactly what it is - come to be? I love so much about this game but I find it hard to overlook this... Every cricket game ever knew what a field might be in a given format/situation

I think one of the issue is that the game uses shorter format fields in Tests and over-atacking fields with 4 slips and a silly point in shorter formats. Plus it doesn't help that a well set batsman (usually your batting partner) is given an over-attacking field whereas a new batsman (you in career mode) gets a spread field as soon as he walks in.

I think one of the issue is that the game uses shorter format fields in Tests and over-atacking fields with 4 slips and a silly point in shorter formats. Plus it doesn't help that a well set batsman (usually your batting partner) is given an over-attacking field whereas a new batsman (you in career mode) gets a spread field as soon as he walks in.

Exactly... The system is entirely broken. It has no match or format or innings awareness at all.

Playing on Pro, I initially started doing what all good tail-enders do, and that is swing for all you are worth. Unfortunately, it works too well because they just about always clear the fence and I have hit more than a couple of 50's and even a 100 with a tail-ender. My request is thus that the tail-enders are made to be real tail-enders than are more that useless with batting.

My career no 10 is useless, you can have him if you like!! These days its the done thing to work on your batting as a tail ender, you don't have many Tufnells, Malcolm's or Walsh' s anymore.!!!

Sounds when edging to keeper as a batsman

Not sure if this has been said already, but it would be awesome if when I edge a ball to the keeper, as a batsman, I heard the edge or something to show that I've actually edged it. Losing my mind when it happens, then look at the replay and I'm actually out:D

I have a suspicion that this arises from how the players are usually bowled. We've probably all see the stumps being demolished by fielders while the batsmen are well and truly safe, but there are generally hitting them quite low down on the stumps. When players are bowled however, it's generally up quite high. From a physics perspective you'd need to hit them near, or below, the centre of gravity to get them flying out of the ground most of the time, otherwise they'll just be knocked back a bit.

The reason players wouldn't be bowled too often with the stumps flying out seems to be that the AI is only particularly weak to being bowled on good lengths, where they quite often are bowled with their bats over their heads.

Changes to the AI to rebalance a few things (in particular AI aggressiveness and hopefully change it up a bit to get a better balance of edges from the AI, as it seems to be an issue with how they bat, the middle or miss effect, not a problem with the physics, which is spot on from what I've seen while batting) might actually help this without needing to change the physics too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread