Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

Funny all these arguments about radar and pitch-marker and justifying by saying that in the real cricket game, it is not there. Scoring runs become easy.

They just fail to realize it is just a video game. In reality you DO NOT play cricket shots with two thumbs controlling joystick and some fingers to determine ground or loft. You do not play all 11 players, you do not control the runner on the other end while running, you do not sit on couch and play, you do not play more than 1 game per day... so obviously there are exceptions as it is only a video game and not real game.

I have stopped playing because of these two - radar and pitch marker. I would rather play outside to feel real cricket. I just want to play a video game.

Even in FIFA 2014, you have a marker to let you know where the ball will fall if it is hit in the air!

There are already cricket games available that offer the arcadey experience you are looking for by the sounds of it - AC09/IC10 or Cricket 07, or pretty much any other cricket game.

As for the "you don't play real cricket with your thumbs" and whatever... You don't do motorsports inside a house, doesn't mean all racing games have to be as goofy as Mario Kart. Not sure what the point is here.

There are already cricket games available that offer the arcadey experience you are looking for by the sounds of it - AC09/IC10 or Cricket 07, or pretty much any other cricket game.

"If you don't like it, then go buy something else".

Well, it's not diplomatic, but I guess that's a strategy... :-)

"If you don't like it, then go buy something else".

Well, it's not diplomatic, but I guess that's a strategy... :-)
I think it's stupid to add in pitch markers, radars and all manner of other aids into a game that is going more down the realism route.

If I want a simple pick-up-and-play racing game I won't go for Simbin's products, they don't try to bastardise their games to cater to each and every prospective user, they offer clear and targeted products that are realistic/difficult and I hope DBC stays on that path too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres a story... I like the steak slices from Sainsburys more than the ones from Greggs. I bought one from Greggs recently and it just wasnt to my taste. I shall now picket Greggs and demand that they use Sainsburys recipe.

Totally disagree - how dare they suggest you look at the ball while playing cricket!

You can argue that many pros don't!

Heres a story... I like the steak slices from Sainsburys more than the ones from Greggs. I bought one from Greggs recently and it just wasnt to my taste. I shall now picket Greggs and demand that they use Sainsburys recipe.

Here's another story. With that sort of feedback, Gregg's start to sell TWO versions of the steak slice and cater for BOTH tastes. Imagine how many more they would sell capturing both markets like that, particularly if Sainsbury's are no longer selling steak slices...

Here's another story. With that sort of feedback, Gregg's start to sell TWO versions of the steak slice and cater for BOTH tastes. Imagine how many more they would sell capturing both markets like that, particularly if Sainsbury's are no longer selling steak slices...

Two versions, eh? I'm thinking Table Top Steak Slice, and Steak Slice 14...

Would like to see in patch three, but probably DB15, the ability to select some parameters as a captain for my bowler or batsman.....play agressive, play defensive, use the short ball etcetera.....there is no point setting a field if the bowler just ignores it and rams it short or down legside anyway....is everyone Steven Finn? Also need to have me as a captain in the slips or mid off or mid on and not at deep third man or in the dressing room ironing shirts......

Some products simply aren't aimed at some people, and aren't made in the sole pursuit of pure profit.

It seems obvious to me that was made with a vision to break the norms of your typical cricket game and offer a game with a much steeper learning curve aimed to please those looking for an experience with more depth. I would be disappointed if that vision were abandoned and the series began to adopt the types of things it broke away from.

If BA were looking solely for profit then, for a start, making an unlicensed cricket game probably isn't the best project to undertake, and then making it so vastly different to the traditional formula again probably only serves to limit the profitability. There must be some sort of passion for the project or vision for BA to make the game in the way they have and it would be a shame if things started getting shoehorned in to appeal to more casual players.

Would like to see in patch three, but probably DB15, the ability to select some parameters as a captain for my bowler or batsman.....play agressive, play defensive, use the short ball etcetera.....there is no point setting a field if the bowler just ignores it and rams it short or down legside anyway....is everyone Steven Finn? Also need to have me as a captain in the slips or mid off or mid on and not at deep third man or in the dressing room ironing shirts......

Sort of like how International Cricket Captain does things? Yeah that would be a great addition!

Gregg's start to sell TWO versions of the steak slice and cater for BOTH tastes.
That would never happen as there'd be too much at stake...

Users who are viewing this thread