Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

BIG ANT,many people requesting many thing's for patch 3,its all ture and needable,already game very close to real game,thank you very much,i have one request we have great modder's in planet cricket,like MATTW'S,WiN exc...So please make modding options easy,make modding can keep morethan 100 bats,latest gloves,shoes etc...These all thing's make DBC game equal to real cricket,

I love playing DBC game,I like planet cricket and great modders

best game ever...

BIG ANT,many people requesting many thing's for patch 3,its all ture and needable,already game very close to real game,thank you very much,i have one request we have great modder's in planet cricket,like MATTW'S,WiN exc...So please make modding options easy,make modding can keep morethan 100 bats,latest gloves,shoes etc...These all thing's make DBC game equal to real cricket,

I love playing DBC game,I like planet cricket and great modders

best game ever...

I believe Ross has already confirmed that there are plans to do exactly this, but only when they have finished optimizing the game by fixing all the bugs first. Ross has said many times that the number one priority right now is the way the game plays, rather than looks and presentation.

Personally I want a marker to show where the hoop is going to stop.

i am playing only with picture in picture option,except this option, i did't using any other options like bowling circle etc...,now i feel like real match,some balls not very tough to score,they are missing,or miss timing or make us to defend,THIS IS WE WANT,THIS IS ONLY HAPPENING REAL CRICKET,REAL CRICKET PLAYER NOT GUESSING ALL THE BALLS,HE ALSO MISSING,EDGING,DEFENDING,so this good thing without playing markers,its challenging,may be many times we get low score,but we have to play well,in REAL THEY NOT SCORING EASILY, they giving hard work,SO playing without markers and circles is real and thrill

IF marker present then we can know where the ball going to pitch and where should play the shot between gaps,then no use of cpu and human bowlers and no use of fielders,game again go to 2007

For what it's worth, I'm totally on board with having no pitch marker. I do think it's a better system to have to watch the ball. But I do think that something needs to change on easier levels (or optionally) so that the player can make informed judgments about the sort of area the ball is going to be at so that they can pick a shot accordingly. I feel when playing that a lot of it is guesswork, and either I get lucky or not: I want to feel like I am skillful.

The reason I keep tutting when people just write off the feedback about the pitch marker is because there's such a volume of it that I don't think it should be ignored: the pitch marker is the wrong solution, but it IS the right indicator/feedback that something needs to change to suit more casual players. Otherwise I can't see sales improving next time.

It all just needs better explanation: it's *so* close.

There is still information as to the length with the yellow/red/green ring system plus the comet gives a good guide to the line so there really isn't any need for a marker. People just don't like change is what it boils down to. Maybe the tabletop cricket game will have a pitch marker, then the people who cannot adjust to not having one can play this instead while Bradman can be for the cricket purists.

There is still information as to the length with the yellow/red/green ring system plus the comet gives a good guide to the line so there really isn't any need for a marker. People just don't like change is what it boils down to. Maybe the tabletop cricket game will have a pitch marker, then the people who cannot adjust to not having one can play this instead while Bradman can be for the cricket purists.

I think that's shutting a huge number of potential sales out. My suggestion would be only for easier modes (which obviously none of you guys here are using anyway!)

The information on line and length comes far too late for some people (myself included) to make an educated decision as to what shot to play. I don't want a marker, but I want some of that information a little earlier somehow.

I think that's shutting a huge number of potential sales out.
You don't find out how easy the game is to play until after you've bought it...

About the only suggestion seems to be optional slowdown of delivery speed - the Big Ant guys have said that the information for where the ball is heading isn't decided until the point of release. Plus - you'd need something that's consistent in single and local multiplayer, you might be able to change the AI to make it give you an early indicator, but you can't (or rather, certainly shouldn't) change the bowling mechanics.

I think one factor needs to be separating the amount of assistance from the 'difficulty' level - the AI shouldn't have derpy tactics just because you want to bat without needing to pick front or back foot. There's a certain amount of stubbornness that makes no gamer want to accept that they need to play on low difficulty levels.

I would also say that a batting timing indication hud in match is essential - just having the feedback of what you did wrong would be a huge help.

The information on line and length comes far too late for some people (myself included) to make an educated decision as to what shot to play. I don't want a marker, but I want some of that information a little earlier somehow.

I think Grkrama's idea was a very good compromise for this issue. Either that or a slider to adjust the real speed of the ball when bowled.

I think that's shutting a huge number of potential sales out.
You would hope that the people who were complaining about the lack of pitch marker had already purchased it.

i am playing only with picture in picture option,except this option, i did't using any other options like bowling circle etc...,now i feel like real match,some balls not very tough to score,they are missing,or miss timing or make us to defend,THIS IS WE WANT,THIS IS ONLY HAPPENING REAL CRICKET,REAL CRICKET PLAYER NOT GUESSING ALL THE BALLS,HE ALSO MISSING,EDGING,DEFENDING,so this good thing without playing markers,its challenging,may be many times we get low score,but we have to play well,in REAL THEY NOT SCORING EASILY, they giving hard work,SO playing without markers and circles is real and thrill

IF marker present then we can know where the ball going to pitch and where should play the shot between gaps,then no use of cpu and human bowlers and no use of fielders,game again go to 2007

Picture in picture...how do you do that? That would solve the pro cam running issue immediately!

I agree about ditching all the rings and trails and other things to assist with batting - I find it so much more satisfying now and I have to watch the ball instead of some magical ring that tells me approximately where the ball will pitch.

Last edited:
You don't find out how easy the game is to play until after you've bought it...

True, but the word of mouth stuff I've seen read by the 40k Facebook fans shouldn't be discounted. Or browsing forums, or reviews (assuming they DO start sending out review copies: I think if it were more accessible you could blood a bigger audience and reviewers with less Cricket knowledge would look upon it more favourably).

True, but the word of mouth stuff I've seen read by the 40k Facebook fans shouldn't be discounted. Or browsing forums, or reviews (assuming they DO start sending out review copies: I think if it were more accessible you could blood a bigger audience and reviewers with less Cricket knowledge would look upon it more favourably).
But do those people buy a cricket game every release? They probably bought Ashes Cricket 2009 (or BLIC 2007 if on the Xbox) - thought it was good enough to achieve cricket and then just put it away once they were done.

The game's not going to be accessible to a broad based audience because it's priced out of that market - you're simply not going to plunk down $100 or £45 unless you're a massive fan of the sport - in which case the experience you get now is likely the kind of cricket game you want.

The market differentiation as a purists game would probably have been more relevant in a market with competition. If Ashes 2013 was on par with Ashes 2009, it would have had the market you're talking about covered - a game that didn't really try and push the genre forward, the licensed officialness, and a lower price. There'd be no reason to devote limited resources to chasing after a target market that would have been catered for with a generic licensed sports title.

(I've long since stopped looking at the DBC facebook page - have I missed any gems?)

Users who are viewing this thread