Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

(I've long since stopped looking at the DBC facebook page - have I missed any gems?)

Not really. I think there's only been one post in the last month and that was for the update yesterday, so it's been pretty quiet.

Oh I don't think the accessibility will improve sales on its own but, coupled with the right license, the right timing and an actual marketing campaign... I think it could start to make inroads on decent numbers.

Not really. I think there's only been one post in the last month and that was for the update yesterday, so it's been pretty quiet.

Oh I don't think the accessibility will improve sales on its own but, coupled with the right license, the right timing and an actual marketing campaign... I think it could start to make inroads on decent numbers.

Like AFL or NRL - for those licenses that kind of accessibility would probably be very, very huge.

ok here are my 2 cents, I bought a xbox360 just for this game (albeit used but still!), and I love it a lot, it is a hell lot better than any other cricket game I or anyone has ever played and everyone agrees on that. BUT! there are just these minor issues which are SO frustrating its not even funny.

1) the batman moving around if u pull the foot selection stick. Something really has to be done about this. i keep getting bowled trying to play an on-drive to a straight ball because the batsman decides to move to the sixth stump!

2) the commentators just stop talking mid-game. there will be just complete silence. has happened to me twice. now I really don't mind that and I am sure a lot of people would want them to just shutup :D, but, a bug is a bug, is a bug.

3) I am a person who likes to make a gritty 80 ball 50 more than a 20 ball 50. Imagine this, India playing Australia, overcast, SCG, green top, 4 down India,MJ bowling and then I get to just dig in, ride it out and build a solid innings. But you can't do that in this game!! because you have to predetermine what shot you are going to play before the ball is bowled. I don't know about any of you guys, but I can't decide which foot + see the direction of the ball to determine which shot to play + do i want to hit it or defend it or loft it all in the space of half a second when someone like MJ is bowling 140 plus. sure I can lower the difficulty to rookie and then I Might be able to do this but I wanna to this in the career mode. defence should be made just 2 movements rather than 3 like all other shots.

here is my idea, when you don't select anything and just pull down/up for foot movement and select the direction of the shot with the other stick, the batsman should just defend. this way it's only two movements and anytime i feel after the ball is bowled that I don't want to hit this ball, I can just let go of the LT+RT and the batsman will defend rather playing a shot. so RT can be loft as it is right now, and LT can be aggressive shots, sweep and unorthodox being the same and no selection being defend. makes it easier to defend, spend time on the wicket.

THAT IS IT, THAT IS ALL I WOULD CHANGE IN THIS FREAKING AWSOME GAME!!

I don't know if Big ant can do the above last thing in this patch or not or it may not be even possible to do this in DBC 14. but BAS needs to know that not all us here are Shewag, Gilly or afridi fans. some of us also worship players like Dravid or Kallis.

Last edited:
Why would you want to know where the bowl pitches: what bowl? Is it a metaphor?
I mean i want to know some indicator whether ball is coming on to stumps or offside or leg side.

Now i have to guess and play the game.

After ball is pitching finding very difficult to play according to ball(timing indicator always shows very late).

I mean i want to know some indicator whether ball is coming on to stumps or offside or leg side.

Now i have to guess and play the game.

After ball is pitching finding very difficult to play according to ball(timing indicator always shows very late).

Because you need to choose your shot before the ball pitches (except with the slower, flighted deliveries from spinners)

There is an indicator of the line, btw. It's possibly difficult to pick up, but the circle around the ball is coloured according to the delivery length, and shaped according to the line.

I say "possibly difficult to pick up" because I turned that indicator off some time ago, and don't really remember what it's like to play with it on.

I really wish there was pre-set field by the user. I like one type of field that I like to set for my fast bowlers in career or in any tour. I wish that there was an option in bowling options when you browse the field. That we could set a pre-set user defined field and don't have to move the players every single time. I just go there and boom and I am done by selecting user defined field 1 or something along those lines.

You can - it's just in the Don Bradman Academy menu, not an in match thing.

Could anyone give a rough indication when patch 3 will be released? Will it be this year?

I'd honestly like to see something that catches the game up with the PC version, even if it doesn't include the multi player stuff that they promised. If only because from hearing what others have ben saying, it removes a lot of the frustration from batting, and that's part of what is restricting me from playing the game a great deal...

There's still some big issues that need to be dealt with before the changes are worth the hassle of a console patch. Though Ross did float the possibility of an interim one before the true 'patch 3' - I still don't think the PC is at that point yet.

Shhhhh matt we'll never get the aerial shots fixed on console if you keep posting things like that!!

I still don't think the PC is at that point yet.

Until there's a fix for the scorecard/default fields I honestly don't think it's worth the money or time to do a console patch. The latest patch for those wanting more controlled ground shots is nice though, makes batting a lot easier but it's nothing you can't really do already on the console to be honest with the double-triggers, if you're that way inclined.

I'd honestly like to see something that catches the game up with the PC version, even if it doesn't include the multi player stuff that they promised. If only because from hearing what others have ben saying, it removes a lot of the frustration from batting, and that's part of what is restricting me from playing the game a great deal...

Now come on mate , without the multiplayer (Online) and AI/Field placement fixes , why on earth would they just bring a costly patch for the few fixes that was introduced ?

I`m more than willing to wait another month or two , for the PC folks to iron our and thorougly test out the fixes , before the final polished fix is brought to the Console guys , as I`m of the opinion that this will be the last Console Patch for this edition of the game , so they can take their sweet time and polish it to perfection.

Users who are viewing this thread