Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

if they did nothing other than this, i'd be delighted... anything on top of this is a bonus; anything instead of this is kind of fiddling while Rome burns because there is a whole major element of the game that is simply no fun whatsoever to play.

Mmm, I still like bowling though: in my 40 over competition I generally bowl every ball; the main objective being to restrict them rather than get masses of wickets.....would be more fun to get some more edges though.....and AI run outs now and then!

Mmm, I still like bowling though: in my 40 over competition I generally bowl every ball; the main objective being to restrict them rather than get masses of wickets.....would be more fun to get some more edges though.....and AI run outs now and then!
Thing is 99.94% of the time I'm playing FC games, and the prospect of bowling 100+ overs with no edges regardless of pitch/weather conditions is boring. I don't mind it now and again eg it's a batter's paradise or I'm up against a good side, but playing a 1 or 2 star line up on a green pitch and still no edges is not something I'm interested in. I'll bowl in limited overs stuff but I just play it much less.

In FC, there's really only half a game; bowling is not worth it.

It would be good to create tournaments and have the option of selecting a particular stadium for the final or even a host country/co-host countries so that you can play in only certain stadiums

@BigAntStudios, @fiction, can we expect that older generation consoles will have the patch 3 by Feb 12th, since DBC 15 is releasing on Feb 12th.... thanks...

if they did nothing other than this, i'd be delighted... anything on top of this is a bonus; anything instead of this is kind of fiddling while Rome burns because there is a whole major element of the game that is simply no fun whatsoever to play.

I agree wholeheartedly. The thing with bugs is biased because I'm sick to death of things not working, but fast bowling has to be sorted. I'd love to actually bowl line and length and get satisfaction from it.

I hope they don't change anything with the Spin bowling because its really good at the moment.[DOUBLEPOST=1421557864][/DOUBLEPOST]
They are slowly gearing up towards patch three and human bowling and AI fielding and batting will be scrutinized.....

As Blocker said above, I'd be happy with just Edges.

@BigAntStudios, @fiction, can we expect that older generation consoles will have the patch 3 by Feb 12th, since DBC 15 is releasing on Feb 12th.... thanks...

it's not DBC 15, it's just DBC, so there can't be an assumption of new functionality. also, Matt's review suggested that it seemed to be the same apart from the ability to skip games in career mode.

so i'd say not to get your hopes up.

They are slowly gearing up towards patch three and human bowling and AI fielding and batting will be scrutinized.....

thats cool. Would be great to know what else they're working on. There's already 57 pages on this here thread with probably 80% of the stuff being replicated (the old 80/20 rule).

I haven't played the game for a while because unfortunately I can't stand how straight the AI bowls any longer. I had a quick go at a casual Test match on Veteran tonight and after batting out a session where I scored literally 90% of my runs on the legside square of the wicket or behind I remembered why I'm holding out for patch 3.

Anyway back on topic, I thought of something else I don't remember seeing in this thread. It would be nice if when a pace bowler bowls something that's going down leg and you leg glance and get an edge on it if the ball actually kept the pace on it like IRL and went most of the way to the boundary. Currently when this happens the ball just sort of lobs about halfway there which I don't think I've ever seen actually happen IRL. This is probably asking too much (like most suggestions in the thread) since the ball mechanics would probably not be able to be so subtly tweaked but hey, add it to the wishlist then I guess.

Slightly back off topic again: Did anyone see Dhoni's fielding placings in the 2nd ODI vs Australia on Sunday?! At one point he had both a regulation mid on and a deep mid on, as well as a regulation mid wicket and a deep mid wicket, in both cases pretty much directly in line with each other! Apparently Dhoni has been playing DBC, saw some of the AI's whacky field settings and liked the idea! Perhaps he picked up a copy after he retired from Tests. :D

Just AI tailenders batting like tailenders, David Warners batting like David Warners and Rahul Dravid's batting like Rahul Dravid's.

My only request for what would IMO be a perfect game.

Repeated as well just in case anyone important is on this thread at the moment :D

Just register to put in two requests and if Bigant is able
to incorporate most of the wish list and request in this
thread in patch 3, no doubt DBC 14 will be the
perfectly completed and accomplish cricket game ever,
imo. My request:
1. Bigant how about a partnership bar in the left or
top-left side of the screen, that increased as the Ai and
the player bat through the innings for immersive sake. 2. A pro mode for fielding for the career mode so that
we can have a 360 degree view of the field, cause
sometimes it's really annoying when running after the
ball and the Ai slide in from nowhere to pickup the ball.
So with this mode option are view isn't obscured on
the field and we don't have to chase desperately after the ball if there is a fielder placed on the boundary
directly behind us. Sorry for my bad english and hope I was clear enuff.

Can you guys please patch the game so that it won't have to be online the whole time on pc.
You don't have to be online the whole time - you just need to be online at the time you launch the game - once you're at the main menu, you can disconnect. They put that there because it's the only thing that has been effective at actually stopping pirates playing the game.

As Blockerdave and Richowebbo have stated edges should be the number 1 priority. It's ridiculous and poor form from BigAnt that we are still discussing this. I played DBC for the first time in a couple of months yesterday. Bowled 30 overs on pro with a bowling attack comprising of Ambrose, Lee, Flintoff and Donald. Not a single edge, it's a F###ing joke the game might as well be called Don Bradman Batting Simulator. It won't be getting played again until this issue is sorted and is the reason it hasn't been played for a while.

I gave a solution to the problem a few months back, increase the size of the ball slightly, this way the play and misses that miss by a fraction would then become edges.

On top of this has anyone ever seen a top edge from a pull or cut shot loop high in the air? I certainly haven't although I have seen bottom edges from these shots that have gone to the keeper something I have never witnessed in 30 years of watching and playing cricket!

I gave a solution to the problem a few months back, increase the size of the ball slightly, this way the play and misses that miss by a fraction would then become edges.

I love how the implication is that this is an obvious/simple solution to implement when in reality, it would probably be an absolute ballache.

Reactions: Pat
If you turned every play and miss into an edge, you'd roll teams for 3.

Online and local multiplayer, as well as practice matches, show that edges work pretty well except for in matches against AI opponents. It is a matter of them tweaking things to find the right balance, so edges don't go from non-existent to way too frequent.

Hopefully we get sliders as part of the patch, with a sharing thing for AI configs, so we can find that balance with months of play testing.

The huge variations, for better and worse between each patch version shows the really small scale of change that can have such drastic impacts on the gameplay, it will take generations of releases to have that sweet spot out of the box.
If

Users who are viewing this thread