Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

Probably have been mentioned multiple times, but would be cool to see scores and player stats in between overs and balls. Right now, only get to see player stats when a milestone is reached. And For a full scorecard, have to go the menu currently. Would like to see these pop up every once in a while. And that includes other stats related stuffs like partnerships, spiders, run rate graphs etc, some of which r surprisingly missing.

Another thing is getting to select the next batsman in after a wicket falls.

Another thing is getting to select the next batsman in after a wicket falls.
Yeah, even if they had something similar to IC10 i'd be happy with that.

cMqqb9U.png

Please change Leave button from B to A as this will helpfull to take quick decision , currently unable to use Leave button while batting due to very less time for decision and changing my finger from A to B .

As Blockerdave and Richowebbo have stated edges should be the number 1 priority. It's ridiculous and poor form from BigAnt that we are still discussing this. I played DBC for the first time in a couple of months yesterday. Bowled 30 overs on pro with a bowling attack comprising of Ambrose, Lee, Flintoff and Donald. Not a single edge, it's a F###ing joke the game might as well be called Don Bradman Batting Simulator. It won't be getting played again until this issue is sorted and is the reason it hasn't been played for a while.

I gave a solution to the problem a few months back, increase the size of the ball slightly, this way the play and misses that miss by a fraction would then become edges.

On top of this has anyone ever seen a top edge from a pull or cut shot loop high in the air? I certainly haven't although I have seen bottom edges from these shots that have gone to the keeper something I have never witnessed in 30 years of watching and playing cricket!

Didnt expect this from you mate! Of course you have right to your opinion but just remember what the of junk cricket 07 and Ashes out of the box was and is.... I am not denying the problem but there is a heck of a lot there to keep you happy; no one has really absolutely killed batting yet even after all this time; with half an hour we were done with the other games. Once we are able to mod gameplay we will be able to fine tune things....and ba know the problems and are dedicating resources to it for free...,

Maybe I could be more diplomatic than "it's a f###ing joke" Dutch but the bowling really ain't worth bothering with on pro level upwards. Yeah the batting's really good apart from a few issues and the learning curve is fantastic. But if I've got a couple of hours spare to play the game I generally want to bowl and when that couple of hours has been spent bowling for a session and a bit without one single edge and the only thrill coming from the play and misses it feels like a complete waste of time and a frustrating waste of time also, so back in the box it goes.

Where is the fun with bowling? I can keep the AI on pro below 3 an over in 1 day and longer formats and below 4 on the top level. But it's boring, the wickets are predictable, holed out to mid-on/off for a couple, caught out deep to a cutshot for a couple more, add in a couple of bowled's that were going wide until they hit the batsman's leg, the weird thick edge's where the batman leaves it but it hits the bat and spoons up to the man waiting for the high cut shot and if you're lucky a couple of true edges but then in the complete surprise of getting one you appeal too early and the batsman ends up staying in. You bowl a full ball with a spinner, appeal for LBW only to find the ball was going over the stumps on almost yorker length! Everything is against you bowling in this game, although it does capture the frustration of bowling in real life perfectly, I react in exactly the same manner (bowlers tourettes)!!

I don't see any difference between one day and the longer formats in how the AI bats and the AI cannot assess the match situation and bat accordingly. The AI bats in exactly the same manner no matter whether the batsman is a run machine or a bunny, in a test match or 40 overs. Only batman type adds any slight individuality in that they favour certain shots. Almost every boundary the AI manages to score is from an aerial shot so even test matches feel like a longer version of 20/20.

I can deal with the last issues mentioned but the complete lack of edges is a massive negative for me and has been a highlighted issue since the game released. Personally it's a gamebreaker and the reason I spend my gaming time playing FIFA and Battlefield instead.

If you turned every play and miss into an edge, you'd roll teams for 3.

As I said, it would be only the play and misses that missed by a fraction that would then become edges. I probably have one in every 6 or 7 that you cannot see the light between bat and ball yet it still hasn't found the edge and obviously not every edge should be going to hand.[DOUBLEPOST=1421769052][/DOUBLEPOST]
I love how the implication is that this is an obvious/simple solution to implement when in reality, it would probably be an absolute ballache

It wasn't much of a ballache to increase the bat width in previous cricket titles. So there's another possible solution.

Maybe I could be more diplomatic than "it's a f###ing joke" Dutch but the bowling really ain't worth bothering with on pro level upwards. Yeah the batting's really good apart from a few issues and the learning curve is fantastic. But if I've got a couple of hours spare to play the game I generally want to bowl and when that couple of hours has been spent bowling for a session and a bit without one single edge and the only thrill coming from the play and misses it feels like a complete waste of time and a frustrating waste of time also, so back in the box it goes.

Where is the fun with bowling? I can keep the AI on pro below 3 an over in 1 day and longer formats and below 4 on the top level. But it's boring, the wickets are predictable, holed out to mid-on/off for a couple, caught out deep to a cutshot for a couple more, add in a couple of bowled's that were going wide until they hit the batsman's leg, the weird thick edge's where the batman leaves it but it hits the bat and spoons up to the man waiting for the high cut shot and if you're lucky a couple of true edges but then in the complete surprise of getting one you appeal too early and the batsman ends up staying in. You bowl a full ball with a spinner, appeal for LBW only to find the ball was going over the stumps on almost yorker length! Everything is against you bowling in this game, although it does capture the frustration of bowling in real life perfectly, I react in exactly the same manner (bowlers tourettes)!!

I don't see any difference between one day and the longer formats in how the AI bats and the AI cannot assess the match situation and bat accordingly. The AI bats in exactly the same manner no matter whether the batsman is a run machine or a bunny, in a test match or 40 overs. Only batman type adds any slight individuality in that they favour certain shots. Almost every boundary the AI manages to score is from an aerial shot so even test matches feel like a longer version of 20/20.

I can deal with the last issues mentioned but the complete lack of edges is a massive negative for me and has been a highlighted issue since the game released. Personally it's a gamebreaker and the reason I spend my gaming time playing FIFA and Battlefield instead.

Dont get me wrong mate I absolutely agree and also have the same frustration; I still get more fun out of bowling than any other game I have played; but must admit that PES 2015 (which is by far the better footy game btw :p) gets more attention these days because of bowling and fielding issues offline.....I have heard from the horses mouth that this is being and will be looked at....they are understandably very cagey about defining what how and when seen the past dramatics that that causes but they are working on it and will deliver! they have got a lot going on at the moment with all kinds of things coming to a head but I am sure that we will see movement on this very soon!

As I said, it would be only the play and misses that missed by a fraction that would then become edges. I probably have one in every 6 or 7 that you cannot see the light between bat and ball yet it still hasn't found the edge and obviously not every edge should be going to hand.[DOUBLEPOST=1421769052][/DOUBLEPOST]

It wasn't much of a ballache to increase the bat width in previous cricket titles. So there's another possible solution.

Better playing with the missus than play and misses I say! :p

Well that's good to hear that it is finally being addressed and fair-play to BigAnt for their continuing work with DBC hopefully the patch will be out in time for the World Cup. I was always pro Pro-Evo until around 2008 then I jumped ship to FIFA which I felt has had the edge for the last few years. I had read that PES2015 is rated as Konamis best for a while, will watch some Youtube and check it out.

Ideas for Future Updates

I'm a big fan of career mode on Don Bradman Cricket 14, but I would like these features to be added.

1. I'm from NZ and I would like more cricket leagues to be added. e.g. NZ and Caribbean. This could then lead to the famous champion’s league where teams have to qualify for it.

2. It would be nice also to add injures, like in real cricket players will get injured every now and then. Say you broke your thumb you would be out for 2 months.

3. Dropping. Every cricket player has a period when they are in bad form, so you should get dropped from the team, especially if you're only 16.

4. Customize bats/buy new ones. Great scenes come to mind when I say this when bats just break in half and the batsman has to get a new bat. I think it would be great to customize kits to.

5. IPL auction. It would be cool to watch the IPL auction and see how much your friends and you sell for.

6. Manager Career Mode: Manage your team and come up through the ranks and ultimately the manager of your preferred country. Offer contracts to players or scout for young stars.

These would be great features in the future for Don Bradman Cricket 14 and I hope Big Ant Studios add some of these ideas. I would also want the base game completely fixed before any of this was added.

I feel your pain with the edge problems with this game, I started playing again a couple of weeks ago. I had maybe 2 months break from the game as Far Cry 4 was taking all my time.

I picked up my career mode in it's second year with lot's of 4 day games and A league also, then BBC T20 started and I got 6 edges in 4 games plus one in a oneday game and 2 in a 4 day game. That was over a week ago and nothing since, it's like the game forgets about the edges and goes back to the boring bowling we all know well. Still as others have said, batting is so close to being right that bowling can't be far off now. PS Got 3 wickets from edges and one was a hadtrick, I was over the moon. Now back to bowled and mid on and off.

they have got a lot going on at the moment with all kinds of things coming to a head

This is what worries me. Its both good (for BA) and bad (for us) because they only have limited resources and tight deadlines. Cricket is an awesome game....awesome.....and BA have done a stirling job with DB14. However, there are some KEY aspects to the game that need to be corrected for us to be able to enjoy DB14 eg.

- nicks off bowling
- bowlers changing over/around the wicket too much
- incorrect field placements (eg. 3 slips in a 20/20 match, block = silly mid on/off fielders straight away)

All the other stuff we can live with or without (ie. slogsweeps, changeable batting orders, etc etc).

In a nutshell, BA must correct all gameplay features first.

This is what worries me. Its both good (for BA) and bad (for us) because they only have limited resources and tight deadlines. Cricket is an awesome game....awesome.....and BA have done a stirling job with DB14. However, there are some KEY aspects to the game that need to be corrected for us to be able to enjoy DB14 eg.

- nicks off bowling
- bowlers changing over/around the wicket too much
- incorrect field placements (eg. 3 slips in a 20/20 match, block = silly mid on/off fielders straight away)

All the other stuff we can live with or without (ie. slogsweeps, changeable batting orders, etc etc).

In a nutshell, BA must correct all gameplay features first.

They are commited to delivering patch 3 with a lot of tweaks to gameplay; the support for this game is great; just because they arent posting here doesn't mean they are not active elsewhere.....

Ideas for Future Updates

I'm a big fan of career mode on Don Bradman Cricket 14, but I would like these features to be added.

1. I'm from NZ and I would like more cricket leagues to be added. e.g. NZ and Caribbean. This could then lead to the famous champion’s league where teams have to qualify for it.

2. It would be nice also to add injures, like in real cricket players will get injured every now and then. Say you broke your thumb you would be out for 2 months.

3. Dropping. Every cricket player has a period when they are in bad form, so you should get dropped from the team, especially if you're only 16.

4. Customize bats/buy new ones. Great scenes come to mind when I say this when bats just break in half and the batsman has to get a new bat. I think it would be great to customize kits to.

5. IPL auction. It would be cool to watch the IPL auction and see how much your friends and you sell for.

6. Manager Career Mode: Manage your team and come up through the ranks and ultimately the manager of your preferred country. Offer contracts to players or scout for young stars.

These would be great features in the future for Don Bradman Cricket 14 and I hope Big Ant Studios add some of these ideas. I would also want the base game completely fixed before any of this was added.

:thumbs :clap :yes

Users who are viewing this thread