Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

Ideas for Future Updates

I'm a big fan of career mode on Don Bradman Cricket 14, but I would like these features to be added.

1. I'm from NZ and I would like more cricket leagues to be added. e.g. NZ and Caribbean. This could then lead to the famous champion’s league where teams have to qualify for it.

2. It would be nice also to add injures, like in real cricket players will get injured every now and then. Say you broke your thumb you would be out for 2 months.

3. Dropping. Every cricket player has a period when they are in bad form, so you should get dropped from the team, especially if you're only 16.

4. Customize bats/buy new ones. Great scenes come to mind when I say this when bats just break in half and the batsman has to get a new bat. I think it would be great to customize kits to.

5. IPL auction. It would be cool to watch the IPL auction and see how much your friends and you sell for.

6. Manager Career Mode: Manage your team and come up through the ranks and ultimately the manager of your preferred country. Offer contracts to players or scout for young stars.

These would be great features in the future for Don Bradman Cricket 14 and I hope Big Ant Studios add some of these ideas. I would also want the base game completely fixed before any of this was added.

Just to add to these (why not aye?):

7. Make Div 1 cricket the lowest level ie. grade cricket. There was talk that this would the lowest level (ie. Sydney, Melb, Bris, etc etc) but it got canned somewhere. National reps still turn out for grade cricket from time to time.

8. Ability to change the batting order

9. A 'transfer period' similar to football where you can get traded or offered roles in other teams. Similarly your team (eg. BBL) can get o/seas imports (eg. Pietersen for Melb Renegades, Flintoff for Heat)

10. Able to be selected in Aust A, PMs XI, World XI (test, 20/20, ODI)

Be able to change fielders when using manual mode.

I have tried manual a couple of times now and being able to switch between players when chasing after a ball would have been handy a couple of times during my last game.

Bowlers should wear towels,wristbands and sweet bands
Bowlers should get stains if they dive and get muddy pants
Have bbl sides been updated and uniforms updated too

Just in case you guys are still taking some suggestions I have something important to offer. I hope you guys look into it.

In Real World Cricket Batsmen defend the first few deliveries in the shorter formats just to get the eye in. They are most prone to get edges during this phase. But in the game I found absolutely no difference in playing the first and the 100th delivery. I can time the first few balls pretty easily. It's basically the same through out.

Also, Batsmen tend to defend early on in the innings because the New Ball moves a lot more in the air than when it gets old. I didn't see that represented in the Game either.

The first few deliveries needs to be more difficult for the Human Batsman to time the ball and more likely to get edges. You need to included some sort of mechanism which does exactly this because it's an integral part of the game.

Someone please tag one of the Developers here because I don't really remember their user names.

Just in case you guys are still taking some suggestions I have something important to offer. I hope you guys look into it.

In Real World Cricket Batsmen defend the first few deliveries in the shorter formats just to get the eye in. They are most prone to get edges during this phase. But in the game I found absolutely no difference in playing the first and the 100th delivery. I can time the first few balls pretty easily. It's basically the same through out.

Also, Batsmen tend to defend early on in the innings because the New Ball moves a lot more in the air than when it gets old. I didn't see that represented in the Game either.

The first few deliveries needs to be more difficult for the Human Batsman to time the ball and more likely to get edges. You need to included some sort of mechanism which does exactly this because it's an integral part of the game.

Someone please tag one of the Developers here because I don't really remember their user names.

In one line I will say confidence meter should work properly both for batsman and bowler

if confidence is low it should bowler not to do proper line length and swing . same as for batsman ,

Also initial confidence should be based on current form.

ok, there's also the following which needs looking at ASAP:

1. ball return from fielders. Most fielders in the game can stop, pick up the ball, and throw a deadly accurate ball from almost anywhere in a flash. Thats b/s. Watch most international matches and see, esp those fielders out in the deep, how long it takes to stop, pick up, reach back and then throw the ball.
2. The accuracy of throws in hitting the stumps is way too high.
3. There needs to be a 'mind/intention' setting somewhere. eg. today I got out for 114 chasing a total of 314 on the 4th day. There was still 1.5hrs of play and we had 40 runs to win (3 wickets down). Yet it ended in a draw!! b/s.

1. ball return from fielders. Most fielders in the game can stop, pick up the ball, and throw a deadly accurate ball from almost anywhere in a flash. Thats b/s. Watch most international matches and see, esp those fielders out in the deep, how long it takes to stop, pick up, reach back and then throw the ball.
2. T

Have you reduced arm speed and throwing accuracy attributes in the academy? I have done and noticed an improvement in regards to this issue.

One of the thing that I was looking most forward to when the game released was assist fielder...One fielder slides the ball in and another picks it up and throws but was not in the game...If possible can be added in the patch or should be on the list for next iteration...

At the end of the day it's your choice. It takes me no more than five minutes to change the attributes of a whole team. You'll be surprised how quickly you can get a few teams done. I started off with test teams as these are the one I generally play with/against.

I'm pretty sure that you would need to start a new career for the changes to be recognised. That's just from the info I've have read on this forum, so that's a lot of editing. My suggestion would be to play a series between 2 edited teams and see if you notice a difference. If you feel that the improvement is enough to invest some time editing, then just go for it, half an hour should be enough time to do all the Aussie domestic teams for instance.

Users who are viewing this thread