Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

How many of you feel the Ground friction is awfully high?

Even perfectly timed Ground shots don't reach the boundary 4/5 times. To actually hit a four you need to use an aerial shot.

How many of you agree with me?

I have to disagree with you. For me, the balance is perfect. I have had plenty of shots, that just doesn't reach the boundary, and I can almost feel that the timing/shot selection was off. And then you get that perfect timed shot, and it flies for the four.

I would say timing is 80% (if not more) of any shot that you make.

Thanks for all the thoughts guys.

All this while I was playing at Adelaide and MCG. I found hitting fours really difficult due to the friction.

Today I played at another venue Wellington. Friction was seemingly 75-80% compared to the grounds I mentioned earlier. Felt a hell lot better. Though I still feel it needs to be reduced by another 5% or so. Not more than that.

It could well be as the Australian grounds are larger in size the friction feels a lot more. If this issue occurs only at the Australian venues then I'm okay with it as the number of grounded fours generally decrease in bigger grounds.

Anyway, I guess everyone who feels friction is just about fine should play a couple of games at the Australian stadiums and share their thoughts here.

The CPU needs to be more daring when running between the wickets.

I have had the cpu hit some ground shots to me deep and I have gathered it up and chucked it back in only to hear the announcers say No runs given up there...huh?

They are just way too conservative.

The CPU needs to be more daring when running between the wickets.

I have had the cpu hit some ground shots to me deep and I have gathered it up and chucked it back in only to hear the announcers say No runs given up there...huh?

They are just way too conservative.

Yup. Have to agree with you on this.

Bowlers should have wristbands and towels and different actions to make each bowler unique and you should be able to move keeper up to the stumps against medium pacer and move him closer or back depending on how far the edges are carrying
Have more bat sizes and more colours
Spin bowling shows the speed of delivery
20/20 games should be more realistic like Fireworks, more celebrations and big crowds

It's probably been said before, but it'd be nice to see some new shirt designs in Patch 3 along with the ability to put the country name on the front of the shirt too. ;)

One other thing I think would be good would be for each team to be a pool of players (up to 30) and each batting lineup within that could be a squad of variable size (14-16) depending on what tournament you'd like to create. Having 30 for every roster a team has is somewhat unrealistic and if injuries ever make it into DBC properly, it'd be good to have less cover, as those kind of situations are realistic.

Also, the margin of no-ball over-stepping could be a little closer. Would look better to see more marginal ones than the huge clear ones we have now.

Finally, I agree with anyone who's stated that the pitch conditions are too subtle. I think in shorter games, they should have more of an accelerated and slightly more obvious general effect than what they do now. I really still think the shorter games on Brian Lara '99 were more effective in this aspect. Especially in the 10-20 over games.

just while we're on it....it would be great if the 'zone' when selecting the back foot (ie. LS = down) was wider. eg. if you try to select a back foot leg glance but your LS isn't perfectly vertically down, your batsman will either step left or right which will screw up the shot. You should have a zone from about the 7 o'clock to 5 o'clock positions as a straight back foot...anything out of this area would then make the batsman step in that direction if that makes sense.

Perfect example: straight ball, I wanted to back foot leg glance to square leg or behind, however my LS was obviously not perfectly vertically downwards, then my batsman does a Steve-Smith-shimmy to off stump thereby allowing me to get bowled. The same thing happened again but my batsman took a step towards legside and I got bowled. Shouldn't be the case.

Thanks for all the thoughts guys.

All this while I was playing at Adelaide and MCG. I found hitting fours really difficult due to the friction.

Today I played at another venue Wellington. Friction was seemingly 75-80% compared to the grounds I mentioned earlier. Felt a hell lot better. Though I still feel it needs to be reduced by another 5% or so. Not more than that.

It could well be as the Australian grounds are larger in size the friction feels a lot more. If this issue occurs only at the Australian venues then I'm okay with it as the number of grounded fours generally decrease in bigger grounds.

Anyway, I guess everyone who feels friction is just about fine should play a couple of games at the Australian stadiums and share their thoughts here.
I understand your point, and believe that the friction doesn't always "feel" nice. However, I think this is needed to compensate for the lack of a nudge/nurdle option. When I look at the actual run rates when batting they are usually very normal, showing that the balance seems to be okay. I also believe that you do get full vaule if you time the shot well.

@bl8000 Re running: Completely agree, have played a few t20's and ODI's vs CPU and the poor running is very noticeable. Running 1 when it's chased to the boundary, not running to the deep, still being conservative even in the last couple of overs, and worst of all running halfway, turning back, and being well safe anyway. Hopefully this will be improved in the patch.

As a third point, during those games I played it became very clear that AI batting needs a bit of improving. Spinners go for 3-20 off 10 whereas pace seems to go 0-70 even on a non-turning wicket. Have decided to only bowl one spinner to keep it competitive.

Still, really enjoying the game having been inspired to restart it because of the World Cup.

Its been 9 Months since the last update. 70 pages of requests.we should just give up

Its been 9 Months since the last update. 70 pages of requests.we should just give up
Many of us have.With all the talk of constant updates and support nothing came.We console guys have to wait even more time .Lets hope next version they iron out the flaws which would make this a playable game.

5 months. September was 5 months ago, not 9. Since then they've updated the PC version several times (the last update was a week or so ago), had time off for the new year and released the game on two more consoles.

Given that the console makers charge them money and put them through an approvals process for updates, you're obviously not going to get the same level of support on console. Blame Sony/Microsoft for that.

Then why it's not the same with other games on consoles like Uncharted etc ?

Users who are viewing this thread