Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

Pro cam for bowler might be more interesting.
They thought of that but have complications in executing as a running bowler's cam is bit hard to get right and its not stable like a batsman and would also make it very shaky....

It would awesome to see Pro cam for bowler but need to get it right....

@fiction I know that mods are not available for consoles but can you guys add these two things in the academy:

-Option of setting the country's name on the front side in the jerseys..As all the WC jerseys have so...
-Add a red and white ball i.e red on one side and white on the other...This will be easier to know the type of delivery the bowler is trying to bowl and will make it interesting as well...Might also encourage some to play without HUD...

They thought of that but have complications in executing as a running bowler's cam is bit hard to get right and its not stable like a batsman and would also make it very shaky....

Yeah shaky bring more reality in game

1.Lack of edges with constant plays and misses
2.Ai not playing defensive shots.
3.Wierd Field Placements
4.Ai Batsman not playing according to set Roles like conservative batsman playing attacking shots from the start.
5.Ai no -balls
6.Depth of field Effect

These few things are not small but GameBreaking in tests.If these are patched at 3 we would have a great game which was expected form first as it made by guys who know cricket.

Last edited:
1.Lack of edges with constant plays and misses
2.Ai not playing defensive shots.
3.Wierd Field Placements
4.Ai Batsman not playing according to set Roles like conservative batsman playing attacking shots from the start.

These are the four biggest issues within the game and have been highlighted repeatedly from the day it released, although lack of edges is only a problem on pro level upwards. It's all well and good talking up how well supported this game is yet these issues still remain. If they don't get addressed in the next patch I'll be very surprised but at the same time they should have been sorted a long time ago. Fingers crossed.[DOUBLEPOST=1424422643][/DOUBLEPOST]

The bowler cam in the interactive replay is pretty good. Would like to see that added.

Its more than 6 months now the release of patch 2, Bigant atleast give us some information regarding patch 3 . co-op is the best thing looking for.

These are the four biggest issues within the game and have been highlighted repeatedly from the day it released, although lack of edges is only a problem on pro level upwards. It's all well and good talking up how well supported this game is yet these issues still remain. If they don't get addressed in the next patch I'll be very surprised but at the same time they should have been sorted a long time ago. Fingers crossed.[DOUBLEPOST=1424422643][/DOUBLEPOST]

The bowler cam in the interactive replay is pretty good. Would like to see that added.

For a Cricket simulator game these are major issues.I wanted to play tests and the play and misses frustrate me so much i gave up .I had high hopes as developer is so friendly and interested in cricket basic things like these have taken so long to sort out and hamper the playing experience.

@fiction I know that mods are not available for consoles but can you guys add these two things in the academy:

-Option of setting the country's name on the front side in the jerseys..As all the WC jerseys have so...
-Add a red and white ball i.e red on one side and white on the other...This will be easier to know the type of delivery the bowler is trying to bowl and will make it interesting as well...Might also encourage some to play without HUD...

As to your jersey/shirt request. I might as well ask if they can include a kit option similar to the massively popular World Cup 1992 shirts. I've found one that can add two of the colours near the top, but one more would be good (I know there's only four colours possible, so 1 will have to miss out from blue, green, red and white). :)

More:

1. I saw my FIRST byes called today. Thats after how many months of playing. Jackson bird bowls a bouncer which bounces over the keeper = 3 runs. Byes and leg byes are prevalent in the modern game - why are they so rare in DB14?

2. I've noticed a number of times where my batsman gets stuck in an animation at the crease. It doesn't happen too often but it still does. Its like he's trying to turn but is stuck and the animation just keeps going. I have to call for a run (and cancel it) for it to disappear. Anyone else get it?

3. You need to adjust the fielder throws. Most of the time I can easily get 2 runs when I should be getting 1 only. For some reason, most fielders throw back to the bowler/WK via a lob instead of a direct throw at full strength/speed/whatever. This isn't Kanga cricket. Your job as a fielder is to get the ball back as fast as you can to cut down on extra runs. I know fielders can throw full strength because I've been run out by them when they suddenly throw quick instead of a slow motion lob. Runs shd be hard to come by.

Last edited:
3. You need to adjust the fielder throws. Most of the time I can easily get 2 runs when I should be getting 1 only. For some reason, most fielders throw back to the bowler/WK via a lob instead of a direct throw at full strength/speed/whatever. This isn't Kanga cricket. Your job as a fielder is to get the ball back as fast as you can to cut down on extra runs. I know fielders can throw full strength because I've been run out by them when they suddenly throw quick instead of a slow motion lob. Runs shd be hard to come by.

This is due to low arm speed attribute. Increase arm speed.

As to your jersey/shirt request. I might as well ask if they can include a kit option similar to the massively popular World Cup 1992 shirts. I've found one that can add two of the colours near the top, but one more would be good (I know there's only four colours possible, so 1 will have to miss out from blue, green, red and white). :)

Couldn't agree more. The Kiwi and Eng kits in 92 WC were awesome and that kit design was one of the better kit design in cricket.

This is due to low arm speed attribute. Increase arm speed.

ah right...I think you've mentioned this to me about 3 times and I keep forgetting!! lol sorry mate. My understanding is you have to edit the individual fielders to fix this - my point is DB should do it for us (to make it uniform and just plain easier).

One more to add to the pile:

- bowlers, esp Fast/Med and Fast need to bowl LINE and LENGTH and naturally over the wicket. I've faced some good bowling from say Jackson Bird ingame who continually bowled line/length over the wicket building up pressure. I block one and the silly fielders are added straight away...then he switched to around the wicket and there's NO fielders in cover or the slip cordon. Suddenly there's the release valve and I then belt him for runs.

C'mon BA. You guys know and love cricket as much as we do, as players. You know very well how bowling works...tactics, pressure, line/length. I shouldn't need to post this. Remember this is one grade below Test match cricket. You don't just suddenly get better when you're selected for your country...you're selected because you're already the best (and demonstrating it) at state level.

ah right...I think you've mentioned this to me about 3 times and I keep forgetting!! lol sorry mate. My understanding is you have to edit the individual fielders to fix this - my point is DB should do it for us (to make it uniform and just plain easier).

It's not BigAnt creating the teams/players though so it's out of their hands, maybe they could have given some guidelines though. I've spent hours tweaking attributes to get a good balance in the field and feel I have got it almost perfect. Even had my first run-out a couple of days ago.

Given how dramatically fielding has changed between the patches, I think that it's a matter of tweaks on their end more than trying to edit teams - the huge amount of direct hits and lack of run outs wasn't a feature of the game pre-patch 2, rather I'd speculate an overcorrection to the runout problems in the unpatched game.

Yeah shaky bring more reality in game

In real life your brain adjusts for the shake, kind of like an inbuilt steadicam, so you don't perceive it nearly as much as you would think.

Bowling pro cam would need to heavily correct with that in mind or it would be nausea inducing. The pro cam running/batting is already too shaky for a lot of people.

You want just enough shake to be aware of the body movement, but no more than that, and the perspective during the delivery would need to be much straighter and more level than precise headmapping would allow.

Users who are viewing this thread