Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

Access to the roster in the pause menu during matches.

Barring that or including that, it would be cool (because this is a game) if there was an indicator on the wicket of your strengths and weaknesses that displayed and then faded away.

Like a hotzone display of a baseball strike zone.

The bowler would see an overlay of the places his bowler would have the most success vs the batter
The batter would see where his shot strength locations would be.

You can find this stuff out and write it down on a piece of paper currently.

But I am enjoying playing with different teams and sometimes I just pick a random team to try out and there is no informative way during a match to know particular strengths and weaknesses.

I know the RS and Dpad methods but that information is super basic.

Another thing that would be amazing would be a scenario creator.

Set the runs, out, overs, whatever you wish and save them and upload for others to use.

You could set up up something as simple as West Indies 160-6 batting vs South Africa on 168-8, 19/20 overs. You have one over to get the runs to win. Pollard is at bat.

Or from last night. You are NZ and England have 123 runs. You have 50 overs to get the required runs.

Set the runs, out, overs, whatever you wish and save them and upload for others to use.

You could set up up something as simple as West Indies 160-6 batting vs South Africa on 168-8, 19/20 overs. You have one over to get the runs to win. Pollard is at bat.

Or from last night. You are NZ and England have 123 runs. You have 50 overs to get the required runs.

Again, I'd imagine this is something for the next game not a patch to an existing one.

Brian Lara cricket had them, and they were pretty good fun though.

Again, I'd imagine this is something for the next game not a patch to an existing one.

Brian Lara cricket had them, and they were pretty good fun though.

We need a DBC 16 ideas thread.

I have an addition to my scenario post. Have it the way I listed but also add in this, a user is playing and in the middle of a heated match. "Wow this is cool I like where this match is headed!" oh nice I can pause the game and choose Take Scenario Snapshot. You click that and the game would save your current game state into a Scenario template.

With something like this you could actually play a match, bat all the way through, save your scenario settings, post it online. A friend could download it and bat the next innings.

Given how dramatically fielding has changed between the patches, I think that it's a matter of tweaks on their end more than trying to edit teams - the huge amount of direct hits and lack of run outs wasn't a feature of the game pre-patch 2, rather I'd speculate an overcorrection to the runout problems in the unpatched game.

The fact of the matter is though the throwing accuracy attribute is exactly that. Set it to minimum and they can't even hit the keeper let alone the stumps so it's about finding the balance and that can be done without the need for BigAnt to intervene. The problem lies with downloading teams and players from different creators in that the attributes will vary from creator to creator. So it's something you need to do for yourself really.

The AI definitely needs tweaking regarding the running, too often the ball almost reaches the boundary and they don't even run a single, but I'd rather have this than several run-outs every match obviously.

It's a great idea. The problem I can envisage is that, because of how the academy works, people wouldn't necessarily have the same players/teams etc. It's by no means unsurmountable, but it might make it not work exactly right unless everyone has the same teams.

When taking Runs AI Always take normal speed running ,Means they do not take Fast running as we do ?

Also while fielding They Do Slow and Lazy fielding we Take easy 2 runs either Filed Setting Is the problem

Last edited:
Given how dramatically fielding has changed between the patches, I think that it's a matter of tweaks on their end more than trying to edit teams - the huge amount of direct hits and lack of run outs wasn't a feature of the game pre-patch 2, rather I'd speculate an overcorrection to the runout problems in the unpatched game.

True. BA have already shown us that they 'control' the simming aspect of the game (eg. I raised a thread about starting a career with the best players in the world...but they still played like a Grade 2 side). Happy with that, however any tweaks to fielders, etc needs to be done at that level as well for consistency. We shouldn't have to be manually doing it ourselves either. A good example (which I've raised multiple times) is the bowling around the wicket. Its just silly to see bowlers bowling opposite to how they would IRL....but to see it changing constantly during an over makes it even worse. This needs to be fixed right away.

True. BA have already shown us that they 'control' the simming aspect of the game (eg. I raised a thread about starting a career with the best players in the world...but they still played like a Grade 2 side). Happy with that, however any tweaks to fielders, etc needs to be done at that level as well for consistency. We shouldn't have to be manually doing it ourselves either. A good example (which I've raised multiple times) is the bowling around the wicket. Its just silly to see bowlers bowling opposite to how they would IRL....but to see it changing constantly during an over makes it even worse. This needs to be fixed right away.

I don't see why you cannot grasp that it is down to the attributes set by the player creator. If you don't want to manually change anything then use the teams that come with the game and don't DL created teams. Low running stats= slow, low catching= dropped catches, it's not rocket science. It's like everyone who complained about the WK diving in front of the slips yet nobody thought to try lowering the agility attribute to see if that helped. It does.

As for simming it also depends on the attributes. Don't believe me then get a team decrease all their batting attributes to minimum, sim it and see what scores they get. Then increase the batting to maximum and sim again and watch the massive score accumulate. The only anamoly to this is with the tailenders.

Asking them to patch something that does not need patching is just a waste of time and resources.

I don't see why you cannot grasp that it is down to the attributes set by the player creator. If you don't want to manually change anything then use the teams that come with the game and don't DL created teams. Low running stats= slow, low catching= dropped catches, it's not rocket science. It's like everyone who complained about the WK diving in front of the slips yet nobody thought to try lowering the agility attribute to see if that helped. It does.

As for simming it also depends on the attributes. Don't believe me then get a team decrease all their batting attributes to minimum, sim it and see what scores they get. Then increase the batting to maximum and sim again and watch the massive score accumulate. The only anamoly to this is with the tailenders.

Asking them to patch something that does not need patching is just a waste of time and resources.

If the issue is the player stats, and the game offers a get best at startup, the best option then would be to recommend having "get best teams, keep original stats" option.

But then you probably get into licensing issue's.

Again though, why is this being discussed in the patch thread? It should be in the next edition thread.

Well I was assuming the scenarios would be mainly user created, just like the teams are.

And at this stage who cares which ideas thread it's in.

I think Al should be harder to face and have a slider then you can change how they play and they should bowl better to
You should be able to wear your baggy cap or cap against spinners in the game
Reverse swing Should be easier on dry pitches
Some pitches should favour bowlers and make it difficult to bat

Yes I grasp the concept. However, the issue we have here is that, esp in career mode (which is my main focus), it doesn't matter what attributes the player creator sets....the simming process just ignores their attributes anyway. A good example is when I created a 'best players' type club by replacing the default players....and yet the scores, etc of that club were simmed or calculated based off some standard formula of 'this is how the actual club would score'.

What I'm after is a consistent approach from BA, the developers.

One thing that bugs me after 74 pages of Patch 3 requests is.....do the actual BA devs play DB14? I mean, the requests I (and countless others) have made in this thread alone are basic features that are represented in the real game of cricket. I mean, basic crap like bowlers constantly changing which side of the wicket they bowl, the silly accuracy of fielders hitting the wicket, the non striking batsman running back with his bat in his hands on a cancelled run (prone to run out)....c'mon guys thats basic stuff. Its not like we're expecting NBA 2k15 or FIFA 15, its just ensuring the game reflects reality.

Users who are viewing this thread