Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

I would like to see the fielder reactions and throwing to a little faster, when last did you get AI in a run out. i have never seen it.

I would like to see the fielder reactions and throwing to a little faster, when last did you get AI in a run out. i have never seen it.

this is because before the first (or maybe second) patch the AI was continually running itself out with absolutely suicidal runs so they patched it so the AI was more conservative in its running. Unfortunately it went too far the other way and the AI only runs when it's 100% safe (sometimes not even then - i've seen them turn down totally safe singles)

the issue is not actually with the fielders but the AI running as a wise man once said:
The AI is a river of turd running right through the game.

Online isn't really my thing in this game... It is in most other sports games, but I just don't think my preferred form of cricket (FC/Test) lends itself well to online multiplayer. The game ends up just being a slog fest in the typical online game modes (5-20 overs with 10 wickets) which I don't enjoy.

Periodically I do try to return to the game and play some career mode, but the AI spoils it. Whether it's the nonsensical field placements and bowling rotation when batting or the "middle or miss" crapshoot AI batsmen you bowl to, every session is plagued by irritating and immersion breaking AI. I don't expect human-like amazing emergent AI, but if they would at least adhere to basic principles and relevant preset behaviours then it would be perfectly passable.

I'm waiting on Patch 3 to give me some motivation to get playing this game again. That said, once GTA V hits PC in a couple of weeks, any drive to play other games will likely end for a good few weeks/months!

the issue is not actually with the fielders but the AI running as a wise man once said:

It's a combination of both in my opinion. Yes the AI need to push for runs better but there is a hesitation between pick up and throw by the fielders, this is even more noticeable with the keepers with stumping opportunities. If the whole process needs to be made smoother.

- Option to hit along the ground when going down the wicket

- Change in ball physics when bowling so that the ball doesn't dip after bouncing as it reaches the batsmen for medium pacers and spinners. I found this quite bizarre (that a 75mph bowler was managing to dip deliveries after pitching it on a good length)!

- Slog sweep option

- Reverse 'slog sweep'

- Allow AI spinners to bowl the odd short ball that is actually short enough to go on the back foot and pull/cut. Currently, there has never been a half-tracker from an AI spinner in a match.

Allow us to skip the splash screens.

Allow us to change batting positions after career has started and I don't think we should just slot into the team's position and dump the other guy.

- Change in ball physics when bowling so that the ball doesn't dip after bouncing as it reaches the batsmen for medium pacers and spinners. I found this quite bizarre (that a 75mph bowler was managing to dip deliveries after pitching it on a good length)!

This!! Very annoying. Also you can bowl a reaosnable speed and it still hit keeper on the bounce...

- Slog sweep option

- Reverse 'slog sweep'

can't happen in the patch as far as i know - they can't add animations. hopefully this and the square drive will make the sequel

- Allow AI spinners to bowl the odd short ball that is actually short enough to go on the back foot and pull/cut. Currently, there has never been a half-tracker from an AI spinner in a match.

yeah would be good.[DOUBLEPOST=1427963436][/DOUBLEPOST]in tour mode, it would be good to be able to see the stats for the whole tour, not just individual competitions in the tour.

Anyone notice that there isn't any replay system in place for LBW dismissals? The only way to see a possible replay is either going for a DRS or the interactive review afterwards, which isn't really helpful online or if you want to see a pitch-map of the delivery/hawk-eye etc. I find that strange...

- Slog sweep option

- Reverse 'slog sweep'

- Yeah would be a great addition, the thing is AI is able to play those grounded advance shots but not us...So maybe they will add it...

-Complete removal of dipping ball at the batsman should be removed...And as far as WK are concerned, their turning and catching on the bounce should be removed...

-I think they might add by tweaking the animations a bit as the current sweep itself is nice and fast, maybe they can make it a bit faster and add the power and elevation values for timings to make it possible in this version...

-Not a big fan of slog reverse sweep but addition in next version would be good...

-Absolutely, the ball dipping should be taken off completely from the game, what this has done is short ball off a spinner has become a wicket taking ball because it dips at the batsman and becomes hard to time...Like you said short ball should be made to pull off the back foot...Maybe an animation of Watson playing the pull shot by lowering his body to a spinner's short ball would be great....

I think, BA if they need to come with a massive update need to consider the following inputs

a. Most of the AI dismissals are caught . Should have more LBW and edges

b. Lower order batsmen should get out early, they mostly play very good

c. Not needed direct hits

d. Ball dying to the keeper for medium and fast medium bowlers

e. Ability to change the position of the keeper for RM or RFM bowlers

f. I'd also like if during a career mode we would be given the option of batting higher/lower down the order before the start of the season

g. Batsmen who is a part time bowler ( a.l.a Suresh Raina) to be a career type

h. More swing/seam/spin

i. Better field placements by the AI and the bowlers bowling according to the field set

j. Aggressive batting by AI during last 5-10 overs of ODI/T20

k. Reverse Swing?

I think, BA if they need to come with a massive update need to consider the following inputs

a. Most of the AI dismissals are caught . Should have more LBW and edges

b. Lower order batsmen should get out early, they mostly play very good

c. Not needed direct hits

d. Ball dying to the keeper for medium and fast medium bowlers

e. Ability to change the position of the keeper for RM or RFM bowlers

f. I'd also like if during a career mode we would be given the option of batting higher/lower down the order before the start of the season

g. Batsmen who is a part time bowler ( a.l.a Suresh Raina) to be a career type

h. More swing/seam/spin

i. Better field placements by the AI and the bowlers bowling according to the field set

j. Aggressive batting by AI during last 5-10 overs of ODI/T20

k. Reverse Swing?

If Big Ant Team add these points then the game will upgrade for sure... thanks for sharing this idea

Users who are viewing this thread