Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

I assume all their resources are being thrown into finishing off Rugby League Live 3. Estimating that to release in June/July would suggest that they need to complete the game in the next few weeks.

Then the assumption would be that they can shift back some of the people working on that over to cricket - at least for the two-three months between when they complete the master of RLL3 and any post-release fixes they need to do.

We can piece together that roughly the same process happened for DBC - the last rush of work on the PC version came just before they seemingly locked that down to work on the port to the new consoles.

So my tip would be that we might start to see movement on the PC version of DBC towards the end of the month/start of next.
Still, it's been a very long wait. I hope it's worth it. I purchased both the PS3 and PC versions. It would be nice to play improved versions of them.

I'm still not sure why they didn't act sooner to make the changes, through to and including patch 3, when the game was going through its release hype, say within 6 months of release. Maybe they made enough money off the initial release, that making and releasing patch 3 was deemed not urgent, which seems to be the case.

Still, it's been a very long wait. I hope it's worth it. I purchased both the PS3 and PC versions. It would be nice to play improved versions of them.

I'm still not sure why they didn't act sooner to make the changes, through to and including patch 3, when the game was going through its release hype, say within 6 months of release. Maybe they made enough money off the initial release, that making and releasing patch 3 was deemed not urgent, which seems to be the case.

... or they didn't make enough money off the initial release to justify more work on it immediately, instead concentrating on getting other products they were already committed to to market before turning their attentions back to Cricket.

Patch 3 was always more of a feature update, rather than bug fixes: After the bug-fixing patches early on it was always going to be a long wait (though, TBH I thought it would probably tie in with the PS4/XB1 release).

The Bug List in DBC is a long one , it would be a shame if they leave that be and only add features.

I wasn't suggesting that: I just meant that patches 2.X were bug-fixing only, whereas patch 3 was always going to be a much bigger deal.
I'm not sure that the "bug" list is still long: sure there's some annoying little glitches left, but nothing I would consider serious?

I wasn't suggesting that: I just meant that patches 2.X were bug-fixing only, whereas patch 3 was always going to be a much bigger deal.
I'm not sure that the "bug" list is still long: sure there's some annoying little glitches left, but nothing I would consider serious?

Online part of the game still feels quite buggy.

The biggest problem I see is that BA guys have not been communicating about issues definitely in Patch#3...Is it because of rights not to reveal stuff before releasing??

Maybe they are waiting for completion of 100 pages...;)

The biggest problem I see is that BA guys have not been communicating about issues definitely in Patch#3...Is it because of rights not to reveal stuff before releasing??
If they come out and confirm things, then they'll get pages full of people complaining about how them not mentioning other things means that they must not be working on them.

There could be 40 pages of this thread summarised into a 'Made gameplay tweaks' dot point on a changelog for a patch.

There are alot of these Minor Bugs . But the fact that we are all still going strong with the game in itself shows they are not game breaking at all , just irritating at times.

If they come out and confirm things, then they'll get pages full of people complaining about how them not mentioning other things means that they must not be working on them.

There could be 40 pages of this thread summarised into a 'Made gameplay tweaks' dot point on a changelog for a patch.
I do agree on this....:thumbs

I don't play enough online to comment, when I have played it I've generally had a good experience.

For me the AI remains the weakest area of the game by far, barely fit for purpose, and needs huge fixes for patch 3.

We've also identified in the other thread an apparent over-powering of skills and attributes that is very detrimental to the bowling experience and it would be great to see that addressed to prevent all the teams having to be re skilled.

There are alot of these Minor Bugs . But the fact that we are all still going strong with the game in itself shows they are not game breaking at all , just irritating at times.

Yeah. They're the sort of things that get sorted in future versions - Not usually in patches.

To re-balance things in patches is tricky - If you break something then people get AWFUL mad. And test-cycles have to be carried out constantly at huge expense: best to do it for a new product.

I don't know about that. When you're playing a game between two people and at totally random times and totally random fielding positions, someone jogs incredibly slowly, adding maybe 12-15 runs to the batting sides total over a 20 over game or the reverse situation happens and players run much faster than normal a long way to a catching position to take two vital wickets, those situations can conspire regularly to make big differences to the outcome.

When playing the CPU, it's less obvious, because you don't notice the imbalance so much, but it's right there in many multiplayer games. That's just the first one to come to my head, from my recollection, it's probably only just sneaking into the top 10 (importance wise) of bugs reported. There are some serious ones out there.

I don't think people are that obsessed with features, except I have heard a lot of people asking about co-operative and that's because it was outlined very early (before patch one) as something that was coming soon.

Not game-breaking at all? Well in the sense that the game doesn't shut down because of them, yes that is right.

I'd say some of them can be outcome altering.

Users who are viewing this thread