Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

For sure they are outcome altering , make no mistake . Thats why for most of our Tournaments we have standing rules for each of the known bugs and how we go about handling them when they do occur .

But in the end we still manage to have an enjoyable affair , because of all the Ground rules that helps limit the effects of the bugs.

For instance , when the aggrieved party quits the game before the next batsmen comes walking in , and the remaining party saves the match and then resumes , all will still be like it was before the "fake dismissal"

But those kind of workarounds can only be achieved in a controlled Online League , with clear courses of action on most of the bugs . Obviously the fielder jogging and just generally behaving odd , can not really be bypassed , hence we have to live with the frustration of fielders without any environmental awareness of the boundary rope or the need to take the bails of when fielding return throws .

Offline I dont have an idea , since Ive only played it for less than a week max before switching solely to Online .

Online: People who rage quit should get a loss and the match should be ended there and then, rather than saving it. So annoying....

Problem is , the system cannot determine who is at fault when one party disconnects . There are sometimes legitimate reasons for disconnects , like Power Failure etc.

But I would much rather accept a system where the party that disconnects gets the loss , whether intentional or not . It would surely go a long way in solving this scourge .

I would gladly accept the loss once in a blue moon when the world conspires against my connection , because I know its gonna be paid back ten fold against the opponents I have played before.

Oh I dunno - It's all stuff that they'd be having to do for DBC16 anyway: may as well use the diehard fans to test it. The only thing I'd contest is console patches - depending on the cost I'd suspect that I'd think that was just too expensive to justify.

What would they have to gain by going back on a promised patch when the cricket games market has been treated so terribly - the point of ongoing support is to demonstrate that they are different and you can confidently buy their cricket games.

I think these black screen issues people are mentioning on PS4/Xbox One (in their mentions on twitter at least, not many people seem to have reported it here) might be delaying progress - as happened with the problems the Xbox 360 was having with some consoles crashing and Big Ant having to spend ages trying to track that down.

If there is not a patch within the next month fixing the PS4 stats then I will have it with this game. The fact that every tournament/career mode/tour has bowlers stats that are completely ridiculous (700 wickets, 14256.35 average) and change if you search for a teams name in the stats page is something that I wont understand how it got past the testing phase...

I thought I'd be used to long delays for patches considering I buy most versions International Cricket Captain (a game famed for delays for EVERY SINGLE version release and patch), but this is a different level altogether. Hopefully people don't immediately forget the lack of consideration the devs had for their fans and the lack of professionalism they displayed once (if ever) the 3rd patch is released.

I bought both the PS3 and PS4 versions fully expecting a 3rd patch. I'd even go as far as to say they are purposely deceiving us. I would never have bought the PS4 version if I knew they'd continue to delay releasing the patch. I'm sure they know how far they are from releasing patch 3, so failing to give us this information or at least making it clear not to buy the game expecting patch 3 is deception pure and simple.

They have publicly committed to a third patch. There is no information to the contrary.

How is that deception?

I'd understand the grievances if it was a broken, unplayable mess. But that's not the case.

Last edited:
I thought I'd be used to long delays for patches considering I buy most versions International Cricket Captain (a game famed for delays for EVERY SINGLE version release and patch), but this is a different level altogether. Hopefully people don't immediately forget the lack of consideration the devs had for their fans and the lack of professionalism they displayed once (if ever) the 3rd patch is released.

I bought both the PS3 and PS4 versions fully expecting a 3rd patch. I'd even go as far as to say they are purposely deceiving us. I would never have bought the PS4 version if I knew they'd continue to delay releasing the patch. I'm sure they know how far they are from releasing patch 3, so failing to give us this information or at least making it clear not to buy the game expecting patch 3 is deception pure and simple.

That's going way over the top...

They have publicly committed to a third patch. There is no information to the contrary.

How is that deception?

I'd understand the grievances if it was a broken, unplayable mess. But that's not the case.

It's all well and good committing to a third patch, but 10 months later it's clear something is wrong. Do you think anyone expected the patch not to be released still? I'm sure the devs knew 10 months ago that it would not be released in the near future and holding back this information presumably so sales were not affected, IMHO, is deception. Perhaps too strong a word and I apologise if that's the case.

I'm sure ross said somewhere that the patch was with sony & microsoft, so maybe they turned it down.

I'm sure ross said somewhere that the patch was with sony & microsoft, so maybe they turned it down.

that's not correct; we have no information that patch 3 was submitted.

i think @MattW has given a very clear explanation above - there is an issue on Xbox one that is diverting attention and requires a separate patch to patch 3. the xbox 360 had a similar issue and took a long time to resolve.

their communication in recent times has been fairly poor, but that's more a reflection of how good it was previously, i'm not aware of many sports games getting this level of ongoing support and communication.

Users who are viewing this thread