Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

Just to throw a spanner in the works...has BA even confirmed that patch 3 is in the works? Im just asking because at some point they will have to think about the next installment of the game - no point in patching and medicating the game into semi-perfection and then making it almost impossible to improve upon with a future release...

Not sure how much business sense it would make to continue releasing patch 3, 4 etc etc..

IMO at least one more patch is required to balance the game. At the very least the following need to be patched...

1. Pull & cut shots being hit in the air
2. Huge variation in pace for bowlers between fast & slower deliveries
3. Online bugs related to bowleds not being given etc.

My 2 cents. Please fix:
1. AI pacing in limited overs matches
2. Bug Fix - Stalling bug that happens sometimes when appealing after a caught behind and given out (batsman doesn't walk and only option that works is to forfeit match)
3. Fix LBW given when batsman is way down the crease
4. More stats - specifically, manhattan and worm.
5. AI field placings in limited overs matches -- the AI is too aggressive - almost always bowling with slips throughout the match, sometimes 2-3 slips

Last edited:
119825d1393239278-don-bradman-cricket-academy-beta-99-94d-available-now-zombieian-cricket-2014-early-beta-graphics.gif

Now that's a game I would buy.

I would like the opportunity to change a my Pro in Career mode. Whether that be his Hairstyle, Sponsor or Equipment and possibly Batting Order but I think everything else should be grayed out so that only the cosmetic items are changeable.

My 2 cents just.

I don't know if its just me on pro difficulty cpu bowls 60:40 on the leg side....should be other way round...and not many bowlers go right arm round to right handers...havent batted much on vetern...so cant comment abt tht...bowlers should bowl much more on the off stump or just out side of off stumps! And ya much tighter broadcast view.,.its too far...difficult to judge spinners!

Last edited:
Maybe use something other than the broadcast camera then...

My 2 cents. Please fix:
3. Fix LBW given when batsman is way down the crease

To be honest, I like when LBW's like these are given and others where the ball is going way high above the stumps. I got given out in career mode where the ball was going down leg side when the appeal went up and I said something like "F*** off that's not gonna be given". It was given out and was missing another set of stumps. I loved it. It shows an Umpire error which is great and happens all the time in real life. Gives you more reason to use the review.

@HBK619 @BigAntStudios

Here's what im saying......The AI is able to play these kind of grounded shots bouncing of the pitch with just pure drive and its looks absolutely gorgeous, but as players we are never ever able to play a shot like this, i have tried even on rookie difficulty to see if its my timing faults, but always the ball is always flying parallel to the pitch however low it is , please look in to this, i certainly want to be able to play shots like these that the AI seems capable of.

AI drives

please help! #desperate_doubleposting

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see more statistics added. Partnerships, maidens added to bowling figures, bowling figures added to the bowler select window and session figures, both inplay and when the players walk off at the end of each session. Also bowling figures for the spell that is being bowled. Maybe that could be added to the fatigue/confidence selection?

Last edited:
Stuff to be fixed in Patch 3

* This is all from an online perspective , so no AI rumblings here :

1. Out clean bowled not given.

2. Nick caught behind , not given due to early appeal.

3. The Super Slow bouncer (Spinner) still shows as a "Green" marker sometimes , but when checking after the over , the ball pitched 9 meters in front of the batsmen.

4. Long Hop slow ball from spinners still almost bounces twice , and are marked green sometimes. (Either fix the ball or open up the batting timing meter)

5. Wide calls still sometimes arent correct . (Ball well within the line on the off side)

6. When looking for Online Matches in the Custom Games screen , the matches will still show only a Pro20 for anything under a Pro20 . Also no allowance has been made to see if "Normalise Skill" is selected , or any other info regarding the game your entering.

7. Cannot shine the Ball whilst batsmen looks around , so have to wait for him to finish , and then only can rub the ball.

8. Default selected bowler when match starts is still the highest rated bowler , even if it is a Spinner.

9. Bowler will still changes sides randomly , although much less than before.

10. We are still required to change the field placements for every bowler and batsmen , versus a one field for all scenario until the user selects otherwise.

11. After over completion , the balls bowled will still show up on impossible random positions on the pitch map.

12. No number on the above colours , so its a mind game to try and remember which colour represents which ball bowled.

13. Only the default umpires are officiating in online matches , regardless of what the user selected.

14. The animation where a correct LBW/Caught behind shout is given . This is a minor issue , but just takes the suspense out of it , when the batter already does his famous "turn and walk " sequence BEFORE the Umpire has given him out.

15. The Nicks for caught behinds , are sometimes not heard by the batsmen , and never vibrates on the controller , so its a lottery to review them as you yourself received no feedback whatsoever , but the Hotspot will show a huge edge.

16. After keeping a ball , the keeper will just sprint of into a random direction (This one is just funny!)

17. Ball will sometimes be hit , then nothing happens for a moment , and then the game will skip to the end result.

18. Bowler will start to run in from the "wrong side" (Over/Around the wicket) and then 3/4 of the way to the crease will suddenly be back on the correct side of the wicket and play continues. This only happens for that particular over

19. Still too much of a gap between fastest ball (158.8km/h) and the slowest (116km/h) . They can also be bowled at will , ball after ball without any penalty/fatigue to the bowler.

20. Length indicator should be displayed once it`s "locked in" at the delivery stride , enabling the batters a split second more to correct feet movement.

21. Fielders still warp to ground shots at the last second , versus normal motion . This cause lots of runout as you "think" youve nailed it past , only for the fielder to magically warp to the ball and effect a direct hit.

22. Whole fielding system should be looked at , as the fielders speeds/reactions are just "off" , sometimes being dumb running backwards , and sometimes covering huge unbelievable distances at no time.

Updated my post. Damn if everything on it is released then we might as well rename it as DBC15! Also added in a feature when the keeper passes the ball to someone near him who shines the ball.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread