Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

but the alternative is that if the 6th/12th/18th ball etc you play bas you don't get a skill point. but what if you hit the other 5 balls well? would you be happy to not get a skill point because you played and missed one ball out of 6?

Of course not...what Im saying is the implementation makes it confusing because they don't always show the +1 at the end of the over. Sometimes it's immediately after a boundary and then also immediately after a false shot - Fair enough if that +1 is for a series of deliveries, but then dont show +1 front foot skill right after flubbing a cover drive - show it at the very end of the over.

@fiction @HBK619
I have found out that the Left hand spinner is considered as an off spinner in the game not only on the skillset but also on the spin...I get too much turn for a doosra of 1500rpm than a stock delivery...The amount of turn on the pitch should be reversed in the game...Please look into this...
@fiction Has this been noted?? I am now playing as a Left arm spinner but bowling like an off spinner...

Last edited:
I think it has to do something with the old problem of physics vs animation. I have had similar problem in career mode. I don't get vibration and/or sound, given out, review, and I see huge hot spot. Certainly I don't like it. But I take it as, "okay there might have been a slight feather touch but the animation is quite exaggerated that is shown for hot spot." So what probably might needs to be done is tone down the exaggeration of hot spot and snicko as well.

yeah i considered this but again i think it comes down to the don't try and be too clever. if there's a disconnect between the physics and animation for the edges, don't try and vary the edge vibration just give a standard "you've edged it" vibration.

I think the skill points system is pretty good to be fair, when you look at the length of the career, and how quickly you can skill up. The only thing that bugs me is the AI tend to bowl a lot on leg stump and my front foot/onside skills are nearly full after 2 seasons, but my offside/back foot stats are quite low. I hope patch 3 addresses the bowlers line a bit. Also sometimes I've hits shots to the off side and been assigned points for something else, even onside points on occasion!

have noticed that if you get a full ball on the stumps a pulling LS back to leg side and playing a cover drive gets you back in your crease and plays a nice shot. gets you back-foot and off-side points!

Of course not...what Im saying is the implementation makes it confusing because they don't always show the +1 at the end of the over. Sometimes it's immediately after a boundary and then also immediately after a false shot - Fair enough if that +1 is for a series of deliveries, but then dont show +1 front foot skill right after flubbing a cover drive - show it at the very end of the over.
as matt said, when batting it's every 6 balls face, not the end of the over.

have noticed that if you get a full ball on the stumps a pulling LS back to leg side and playing a cover drive gets you back in your crease and plays a nice shot. gets you back-foot and off-side points!
Yeah mostly get edges to WK with that shot on legend level..

Has this been noted?? I am now playing as a Left arm spinner but bowling like an off spinner...

Hold on, please explain this more.

I have had to create a few left arm bowlers for my updated IPL squads and I want to get this right.

If I read about a left arm spin bowler who bowls a leg spinner, when I create him I just change the finger/wrist designation until leg spinner and googly show up as their delivery choices to assign skill points to.

I'm sure stats for left arm bowlers are backwards: my career player is a left arm unorthodox bowler but the stock ball seems to be based on the googly stat. I could be wrong though - the career stats seem to grow as they should, I think, I honestly haven't played the game for a few weeks because of uni.

In career mode I would like to see the ability to change the rosters of all the teams atleast once an in game year. That way I can remove players that have retired or been dropped from their national squads. And keep the domestic rosters in line with their real life rosters.

Just to add to Mattw post regarding the edges when Batting :

Ive played online only since Day 1 release , and the actuall sound of edging whilst batting can never be heard whilst batting , let alone the vibration.

Just thought I would throw the Online View on this in as well , for whoever of BigAnt is checking noting down issues.

A list of issues that they know of and are working on would surely have made this thread half the size it is currently.

Maybe something @fiction can take on .........

@C A Iverson let me know if that fixes the problem

Sorry for the delay in reply (was quite busy over the weekend), but yes it fixes the problem, so that's great. It would be great to not only have that one shirt type as an option though, because the collar on Modern looks more like the one I want for some teams than Current 1. So maybe something that would be good for an alteration in a patch for more variety.

Once again, it does work, so thanks for that. :clap

So just an idea for the ai. I don't know how easy it would be to make or anything. And I didnt bother reading too much of this thread to see if it's been said before.
But with people not being happy with fields set by ai and stuff.
So since you can't actually have an ai watch how the game is going and come up with plans for the batsman. How about making preset plans for ai to use?
Such as when a batsman is new, look for the nick so the ai sets an aggresive field and bowls outside off. Then for a way to trigger the next plan, say if the batsmans strike rate is high, try put pressure on with tight fields and short pitch bowling the ruffle the feathers etc. and then for another plan a mistimed shot through cover my bring in short catchers and bowlers bowling slower balls out side off etc. basically making the bowler bowl to field settings

Users who are viewing this thread