Patch General discussion

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Excellent news Matt, i can't wait to start my career mode after the patch as i am ready now.:D

PS Did you see any other bugs fixes while you were playing.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Well some other things,
- The display for stamina/confidence now works in career matches
- I didn't notice being switched randomly between over/around the wicket
- I'm told that a light touch on the defensive trigger will result in the sort of light touch push for a single that you'd want - I thought that was in the game already so the Big Ant guys might have just been reiterating that point in light of the improvements to the fielding. Worth noting anyway.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
What other bugs are you referring to that I haven't already covered?

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
What other bugs are you referring to that I haven't already covered?

Sorry Matt i can't think of anything and you would have been to busy kicking Mikes ass all of the cricket pitch.:clap

PS I guess Superman fielders/ AI bowling to many on the legs/ and bowlers getting tired to fast will be in next patch.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
The fielding in general seemed toned down. The catches that I did get were all regulation ones without dives, that's not to say that there aren't, but they weren't immediately apparent.

The only edges I got landed very clear of anyone, so can't comment on the keeper.

My pace seemed steady, but I was messing up a lot of deliveries because of how awful the PS3 controller is.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Any news about the Super Human Keeper catching everything??

Yes i would also like to see the AI fielders drop a catch in the outfield sometimes and the bowler needs some serious mark.

The stats for catching needs a look at for sure.:spy

----------

The fielding in general seemed toned down. The catches that I did get were all regulation ones without dives, that's not to say that there aren't, but they weren't immediately apparent.

The only edges I got landed very clear of anyone, so can't comment on the keeper.

My pace seemed steady, but I was messing up a lot of deliveries because of how awful the PS3 controller is.

So maybe the pace speeds have been fixed, easy to see as they drop very fast in speed.

Jadel

Club Captain
Any news about the Super Human Keeper catching everything bug??

I've never had an issue with the keeper. He should catch almost everything.

The bowler is crazy, the fielders are pretty crazy, but the keeper... how often do they drop catches in real life?

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
I've never had an issue with the keeper. He should catch almost everything.

The bowler is crazy, the fielders are pretty crazy, but the keeper... how often do they drop catches in real life?

Off fast bowlers it's low with maybe 1 or 2 out of 10 but to spin it's a lot harder mate. Fielding stats.:spy

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I was told the timeframe was hopefully next week for the patch to be released, though Easter might be a hurdle in terms of making sure all the relevant approvals can be achieved in time.

What I actually said was that if it wasn't out by end of next week then we should blame baby Jesus.

----------

@Matt did you figure out if we have to restart our career ?

You will need to restart the career to have the new normalisation and "get best" teams to adhere to their given roles.

BRAB

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I cannot believe how quickly that patch came through, I was expecting it to take at least a month!

Thanks for supporting the game after release Ross!

Users who are viewing this thread