PC Version Troubleshooting/Bug Reporting

It's more the suspecting everyone thing, especially new folk who've picked the wrong time to join up and post a controller error, for example, haha. Verifying that you own the game seems like a no-brainer so that's a great idea and cuts out the negative stuff nice and easily.

In the meantime I guess people shoving that little Steam icon in their profiles would be an easy, logical "credibility check" ...especially new folk or those who haven't posted in a while.

Wrongly or rightly there's quite a few here who have been on this journey with this game a while now and I feel it's just as much our responsibility to champion the good in it too, as well as help with the bad shit.

My steam installed under program files (x86). i added the steam folder under this to the exclusion list. Anyway, i fixed the problem after verifying game cache from steam. just wanted to let others know if anyone face this problem. Thanks Ross for your response.

It says rain stopped play after very first bowl. After installing patch 1.06

In the meantime I guess people shoving that little Steam icon in their profiles would be an easy, logical "credibility check" ...especially new folk or those who haven't posted in a while.

The issue is that for most people the link to their Steam profile doesn't work because they set it wrongly. Its mostly because it expects you to put your URL in and although for most people their Steam ID is the same as their custom URL; there are others (including me) who either intentionally set a different one or ended up accidentally setting a custom url because they were fiddling. Like I think that yours is literally the only other one that I've seen actually send you to a working steam profile.

The other issue with that is that some people set their Steam profile to be fully private, which means that the only people that can check to see whether they have bought the game are the folk at Big Ant. There really isn't any big solution to this problem... Although there's a part of me that's looking forward to the download forum opening even if only because there'll be lots of funny PMs sent to staff/admins...

e:
It says rain stopped play after very first bowl. After installing patch 1.06

Steam ID???

In my defence, I had mine previously set to private and it wasn't working until someone told me, but I figured i would attempt a modicum of example-setting and link it correctly. So you're right, in both respects...

It just sucks to have the fake-bugs mixing with the real ones. My understanding is there's a few that are deliberate to mess with the pirated copies and if they're showing up in the paid-versions, that's not great.

I didn't even realise my steam ID was wrong, my bad! All fixed now tho :)

My steam id prasad159

Last edited:
Once we lock away the downloads section behind verifying game ownership, we'll just chuck a bugs thread in there.
Will folk who have the games on consoles be locked out of the dl section? Especially if we do get some sort of mod support!

Will folk who have the games on consoles be locked out of the dl section? Especially if we do get some sort of mod support!
If console mods happen, we will work something out, but otherwise yes - only those who have a legitimate copy of the game on PC will get access to the download forum.

It's a moot point as I don't see Big Ant allowing mod downloads on consoles, as it will play into pirates' hands. For consoles the mods most probably would be managed via academy and we can always have a thread for the same.

If console mods happen, we will work something out, but otherwise yes - only those who have a legitimate copy of the game on PC will get access to the download forum.
Well it's a pain, as i'd want to contribute something, but I guess i'll do without, unless @Ross wants to gift me a copy pls @BigAntStudios

Last edited:

Personally speaking, as a console player currently I would be tempted to buy the pc copy if there were good mods but how would I know?

sorry if its mentioned before but the curretn version is 1.06 right??
and before ppl jump and ask steam id harshdesai35

sorry if its mentioned before but the curretn version is 1.06 right??
and before ppl jump and ask steam id harshdesai35

That's great but what's the issue you are facing?

Actually steam auto update hade some problem...so i just wanted to confirm...Not much...occasional online issues..otherwise really good game...i am pretty decent cricket myself having represented my city...still thought the reaction time against pace bowler is really short and not tht natural ...but thn i saw gopro video of gilly against tait...now i m not complaining...:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread