PC Version Troubleshooting/Bug Reporting

I'm on PC for the record. Odd. Running on the latest Steam update obviously.

As far as I know this bug was fixed before v1.01 on the PC. So are you saying you got the system into a non-responsive state when appealing early? (that's the bug on PS3/Xbox.)

As far as I know this bug was fixed before v1.01 on the PC. So are you saying you got the system into a non-responsive state when appealing early? (that's the bug on PS3/Xbox.)

I meant that I bowled, batsman edged it (quite clearly), keeper caught it, at some point I had appealed obviously, and the umpire gave it out, raising his finger, commentator reacts to it being out, wicketkeeper celebrates, etc. While the umpire has his finger raised I pressed X/A to skip through the remaining sequences of the batsman leaving, new batsman arriving, etc, but instead of any of that, the game went straight to the next ball, simply noting the previous delivery as a dot ball, and the commentator saying how frustrated the bowler must be not to get a wicket on the previous delivery, etc. Had it one the 5th ball of one over, and then maybe 2nd or 3rd ball of my next over so couldn't really believe my luck.

No idea what happened really. I'd never experienced it before, and there was no indication of any challenge or anything (it was a T20 career match). I didn't know anyone had experienced anything similar until that post, but I think I did appeal before the ball reached the keeper, in which case the explanation I originally quoted would make some kind of sense. I'm on the v1.07 update, and I can post my SteamID if necessary, though I've already been verified by MattW for the downloads forum.

I meant that I bowled, batsman edged it (quite clearly), keeper caught it, at some point I had appealed obviously, and the umpire gave it out, raising his finger, commentator reacts to it being out, wicketkeeper celebrates, etc. While the umpire has his finger raised I pressed X/A to skip through the remaining sequences of the batsman leaving, new batsman arriving, etc, but instead of any of that, the game went straight to the next ball, simply noting the previous delivery as a dot ball, and the commentator saying how frustrated the bowler must be not to get a wicket on the previous delivery, etc. Had it one the 5th ball of one over, and then maybe 2nd or 3rd ball of my next over so couldn't really believe my luck.

No idea what happened really. I'd never experienced it before, and there was no indication of any challenge or anything (it was a T20 career match). I didn't know anyone had experienced anything similar until that post, but I think I did appeal before the ball reached the keeper, in which case the explanation I originally quoted would make some kind of sense. I'm on the v1.07 update, and I can post my SteamID if necessary, though I've already been verified by MattW for the downloads forum.

That's a different situation to the issue that others are reporting, just wanted to make sure.

That's a different situation to the issue that others are reporting, just wanted to make sure.

Ah, sorry, I might have misread then, sorry, seemed to fit the circumstances. I had assumed that possibly they'd challenged it successfully somehow but that none of that sequence had been shown as I'd skipped at the original dismissal. Seemed a long shot but was my only explanation. In real time, as far as I was concerned it was a clear edge both times, the ball changed direction substantially, and the wicketkeeper dived for it accordingly. I wasn't really able to tell on the replay though somehow. This is partly due to me not having responsive triggers and not being able to slow it down to really look closely, but in real team there was a very obvious movement of the ball after the edge, and from what I could see on the replay at full speed, it was impossible to tell if there had been contact or not, so I don't know if anything shifted in the animation somehow. A bit bizarre anyway, but it didn't really occur to me to report it as a bug so I didn't save the replays or anything I'm afraid. Thought I was just having awful luck. If there's any possible explanation it would be useful to know though. Should I try and avoid appealing until after a catch has been made at least? I can't help myself when it's been edged sometimes, haha! I didn't think it would make any difference...

Ah, sorry, I might have misread then, sorry, seemed to fit the circumstances. I had assumed that possibly they'd challenged it successfully somehow but that none of that sequence had been shown as I'd skipped at the original dismissal. Seemed a long shot but was my only explanation. In real time, as far as I was concerned it was a clear edge both times, the ball changed direction substantially, and the wicketkeeper dived for it accordingly. I wasn't really able to tell on the replay though somehow. This is partly due to me not having responsive triggers and not being able to slow it down to really look closely, but in real team there was a very obvious movement of the ball after the edge, and from what I could see on the replay at full speed, it was impossible to tell if there had been contact or not, so I don't know if anything shifted in the animation somehow. A bit bizarre anyway, but it didn't really occur to me to report it as a bug so I didn't save the replays or anything I'm afraid. Thought I was just having awful luck. If there's any possible explanation it would be useful to know though. Should I try and avoid appealing until after a catch has been made at least? I can't help myself when it's been edged sometimes, haha! I didn't think it would make any difference...

No worries. The timing of the appeal won't make a difference on PC, do it too often though and it will have a negative effect on the result from the umpires.

Hey Guys! I have also been playing DBC 14, its just that I have been noticing that at certain times when I'm bowling to the computer, when the batsmen gets out bowled after he plays a shot, I can't see the ball anywhere near the stumps, the ball goes in the direction the batsman tried to hit the shot. Wondering what the reason might be...

----------

And my stream id is MrCrickbuck.

No worries. The timing of the appeal won't make a difference on PC, do it too often though and it will have a negative effect on the result from the umpires.

Gotcha. Any possible explanation on the whole wicket being given, then suddenly it was only a dot ball thing? Is that a bug, or just nothing was shown if they challenged it, etc. Never had the computer challenge me on a wicket yet, but I'd assumed it would show the decision to challenge, then the whole review process in the same way as if I do it. Seemed pretty clear edges to me in real time though. No way the ball was swinging that much that late.

Off to bed now anyway, so will have to check the answer for this in the morning! Haha!

Video description - "Given out and is still there to face the next ball! NO review was used as he was clearly out edged through to the keeper."

Yeah, that's what I had, like I said, twice in four or five balls too. My T20 stats aren't great so could really have done with the wickets, haha! It's just a bug that can't be avoided at the moment then?

Downloaded the latest update and I'm not definite if the C&B has been worked on but the AI bowler took a fantastic catch - truly a ripper. And on another note, no crash today since downloading the latest update. :D

Hey Guys! I have also been playing DBC 14, its just that I have been noticing that at certain times when I'm bowling to the computer, when the batsmen gets out bowled after he plays a shot, I can't see the ball anywhere near the stumps, the ball goes in the direction the batsman tried to hit the shot. Wondering what the reason might be...

----------

And my stream id is MrCrickbuck.

Re-posting the same in order to make sure that this doesn't go unnoticed among the various incoming posts...

I just had the old "no attempt to ground the bat" run out bug on PC. Oddly wasn't from cancelling and attempting to return, just running through and never tried to ground bat - I was pressing the sprint/ground bumper.

Robbed Beefy of a 50 and precipitated a horrendous collapse!

AI frequently getting out by caught and bowl in Test matches.

The "Get Best" is disabled for me at the moment? Something going on at the background?

Users who are viewing this thread