PC Version Troubleshooting/Bug Reporting

StormySteve

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Steam ID: steves1967

No so much as a bug but a gripe... spin bowlers being one of the two opening bowlers for AI - Test Match: England v India Ashwin opened the bowling :mad

Only time I've ever seen a spinner open was Dipak Patel, NZ - 1991 World Cup !!!

hoskie

Club Cricketer
game not saving

Hi, new guy here, bought dbc14 loaded and updated through steam had trouble with it crashing have turned off antivirus seems ok now, other problem is that it does not seem to save anything. I have to load new teams and have no xp when starting the game again. Am new to forums as well so sorry if this has been posted before.

Steam id hoskie007

In my steam account it records my progress through the game, but the save file on my pc is still the file the game starts with, it is in the steam folder under steam apps,common,dbc14,my games. have run out of ideas any help would be appreciated.

Graeme.

Last edited:

grkrama

National Board President
A way to randomize bat sponsors for all the players would also be nice, cause right now most CA players have Bigant as the sponsor, and its practically too hard to change it for all players manually.

Alberts

International Coach
We've fixed this up in the latest update.

As it's been since the PC release, all catches are still listed as "c & b " as the batsmen is walking off. It's listed right on the scorecard and such, just not as the batsmen is walking off.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
As it's been since the PC release, all catches are still listed as "c & b " as the batsmen is walking off. It's listed right on the scorecard and such, just not as the batsmen is walking off.

Certainly not all catches, but I've not noticed any pattern to the bug.

There's other little minor display issues (disregard if some of these were fixed in 1.09, I've not played enough matches to notice what has been fixed/changed)

- The main scorecard always showing 'Match Tied' when the match is in progress
- The career mode ground names not showing correctly in match,
- Getting 'Round 19 match' listed in game instead of 'Semi Final' despite the fixtures saying the right thing in career mode
- The bowling order on the bowling scorecard being sorted by the batting order
- Bowling figures when the score format is set to runs/wickets needing to be wickets-runs (I've seen others mention this)
- The scorecard order, teams are always shown as home then away, rather than in the order of the innings.
- The 0/0 score bug in some resumption situations

Again, all minor, with no gamplay impact, but perhaps worth noting and trying to cover them all off, at least for console patch 3.

- not being able to edit the hud itself

D

Deleted member 9102

A small issue that I noticed during career mode last night was that when you're bowling and the batsman hits it into the ground and back towards the bowler, if he makes a diving stop but doesn't 'catch' the ball, the keeper/slips will react like you've just dropped a catch, and an automatic replay will play showing it which I think only happens for dropped catches.

Another one I've only seen twice (so maybe small sample size, maybe happened to others?) is that when a run out decision goes to the third umpire and you're looking at the screen to announce the decision, if there are any fielders in view on the pitch then you can already see them celebrating the wicket before 'Out' appears on the screen.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
A small issue that I noticed during career mode last night was that when you're bowling and the batsman hits it into the ground and back towards the bowler, if he makes a diving stop but doesn't 'catch' the ball, the keeper/slips will react like you've just dropped a catch, and an automatic replay will play showing it which I think only happens for dropped catches.
When I was on the pre-release version, there was an issue where those kind of things also got a "He's dropped the ball" commentary.

I'd thought it was fixed when that stopped happening after an update, but that replay thing seems to suggest it was just the commentary that was modified, but the game still thinks it was a chance.

Simant

School Cricketer
Mode: Any
Match Type: Any
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): Any
Ground: Any
Teams: Any
Get Best: Any
Description of Issue: The Picture in picture for Running between the wickets does not show up. I can only see "WK" without any players. PS: I have switched off 'Depth of field' option in the graphics menu. When I switch it ON, everything is normal but the game starts to lag. So need to keep it switched off.

Thanks.

Awesome game btw. :) :cheers

alitahir

Club Captain
I have become the captain of my domestic team in career mode. I moved my order up (from 7th to 1 Down) in a match and later saved and closed the game. Next time I loaded it I was no longer the captain in the game and the guy on 7th was.. Any one else also experienced this bug?

KP_Nuts

Club Captain
Nothing to see here, someone has been in the sun too long, move along!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9102

Another small one I noticed in career mode.

If you are on 4 wickets in an innings and appeal for an LBW that's out, you get awarded the achievement for a 5 wicket haul before the umpire raises the finger.

FigmentAurora

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Why the Field setting have become unrealistic again ??

Hi,

Simply an AWESOME GAME !!!I had been playing on XBOX360 and PC both. The PC version until update 2 was fine. But now again, with so called version 1.06, the field settings have gone mad. Short mid on + mid on or mid on + long on, have you ever seen such a field settings before ?

And also, why can't I play ground shots like AI ?? AI can play even a shot that bounces before gully, whereas whatever I do I am being caught at square leg, point , gully etc. Please give me some tip.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hi,

Simply an AWESOME GAME !!!I had been playing on XBOX360 and PC both. The PC version until update 2 was fine. But now again, with so called version 1.06, the field settings have gone mad. Short mid on + mid on or mid on + long on, have you ever seen such a field settings before ?

And also, why can't I play ground shots like AI ?? AI can play even a shot that bounces before gully, whereas whatever I do I am being caught at square leg, point , gully etc. Please give me some tip.

You may want to update to the latest version.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think you'll find that you have to update to the so called version 1.09 it's not optional.

Users who are viewing this thread