PC Version Troubleshooting/Bug Reporting

Actually steam auto update hade some problem...so i just wanted to confirm...Not much...occasional online issues..otherwise really good game...i am pretty decent cricket myself having represented my city...still thought the reaction time against pace bowler is really short and not tht natural ...but thn i saw gopro video of gilly against tait...now i m not complaining...:)

did you manage to solve the issue?, or are you still having issues getting the update?

I set up a game to test the "Is that a wicket? Nah I'll stay" bug a bit more and I think that it is something caused by appealing too early. Managed to trigger it twice now off edges to the keeper.

I know that my guess is completely useless without knowing anything of how the code works, but my guess would be: Since whether or not it's a wicket is still undecided (as the keeper is still to catch the ball, and that can go wrong depending on input) the game at the time the appeal is made decides no, a dot ball, due to no catch to that point. When it's caught of course the game decides it's a wicket, but the original dot ball ruling stands, despite the finger going up animation being triggered (as well as the keeper tossing the ball to the heavens). If that's the case I guess something could be done to make it so the appeal defers any decision until a bit later by default. The odd part there though is it seems to only happen sometimes.

Interesting bug to be honest.

If 1.06 is the latest version thn yes...if not thn no...:)...but i think it got resolved on its own...maybe due to some problem with connection

i have updated don bradman to version 1.06 and now its starts raining after 1 ball in causal matches
any solution?

----------

i have updated don bradman to version 1.06 and now its starts raining after 1 ball in causal matches
any solution?

Are you guys still facing the issue of rain?

Hi guys, my first post so be gentle lol here goes

When i go to update teams etc using DBC 14 cricket academy it continually says Don Bradman Cricket Academy Service Unavailable.

This is driving me nuts hope someone can help.

Cheers

Steam ID: 76561197971205537

Personally speaking, as a console player currently I would be tempted to buy the pc copy if there were good mods but how would I know?
Well we'd keep a screenshots thread to show off what's going on in there, and you'd probably start to see them in videos of the game people put up.

Hi all.
Game Version 1.06; Steam ID: melic65. Purchased, pre-order retail disc version of DBC14 with steel case. Can supply all credentials if any doubters.
Pretty sure I saw it in this thread somewhere (?) I have added a couple of the bat mods some PC members have uploaded. Issue happens just prior to beginning game in career mode (most times) - game drops out back to Steam page and when restart get the message about game not closing correctly and default or no mods will be loaded or something similar. Happens everytime and if this is the case, then it would seem pointless to add any mods.
Is this a known issue or as was implied (from memory in this thread) it was there as a consequence of something else?
Any input from anyone on this would be helpful?
Cheers.:)

steam or Game Problem?
Have played for nine days 46 hours then yesterday I got the following
Failed to Start Game (Missing Executable)
I followed the following Troubleshooting

This error results from the improper delivery of necessary game files. Please follow the steps below to initiate a small download of the missing content:
Completely exit Steam.
Navigate to your Steam installation folder (~C:\Program Files\Steam)
Delete the 'appcache' folder.
Restart your computer and attempt to launch the game through Steam

I have over 25 games on steam first time this has happened

steam or Game Problem?
Anti-virus problem. The cricket14.exe the game uses has been flagged by some virus scanners as a threat - due to the amount of pirated copies floating out there which are viruses.

Do this to re-download the missing files - http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...4-pc-playable-now-85683-1116.html#post2809525

Though you may need to go tell your anti-virus that the file is safe (which it is when you've got the game legally through Steam)

Right I go to Verify integrity of Game Cache 1 File failed to validate and will be reacquired then nothings happens. Where do I Find my Steam ID i have legally purchased and played it for a week, Quite frankly why is there a problem now with antivirus after being fine for over a week.

This is so frustrating thousand of hours on Steam have tested my other games all working

Edit working fine now Norton thought it was a Trojan sorry about rant

Last edited:
Because anti-virus programs have only just recently picked up the file name?

Blame people who have stolen the game and willingly installed Trojans and Keyloggers in the process... Not a problem of Big Ant or any of their crew.

i have reinstalled game and using version 1.03 so that i can play but i cant use cricket academy
will tell u later as i am using cellphone now

That's interesting, how did you do that?

@BigAntStudios

03 Issues:

1) The problem of clean bowled given Not Out is still there. Had lots of clean bowled both while batting and bowling, the game continues like nothing happened.

2) Fielder walking towards ball in Ultra Slow Speed (Instead of Running) to field in the deep is too bad an experience. It takes away the otherwise such realistic game physics from DBC14.

3) Is there any threshold number of Overs/Balls (during 2nd Innings of F5/T10/T20 match), where the Option of calculating the result appear for taking? Below please find 03 Screen Shots where the opponent disconnected the game in between, and game is Not showing the option of calculating the result.

Steam ID: kushari

EUB5jXl.png

m8kbRNQ.png

BztJqyn.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread