FOOTBALL PES 2010-- Discussion Thread

Try playing on top player. I have been playing it all day and have not scored more than 1 goal (in a game that is). If anything it needs to be easier lol.

Agreed, it's hard as nails on Top Player. I'm thoroughly enjoying it - just wish Konami had the sense to let us hear both sets of fans, especially since the commentator keeps going on about the contribution the away fans are making.

Edit: I have some good photos for BaL, but the resolution is too high - is there any way to reduce the res. so they can be used by the game?

Last edited:
Yeah i made the mistake of picking chelsea, but with the default players. I had 187 million Lol.

I stared again, created my own team, bristol rovers and had only 2.5 million to spend. Doing ████ now, barely win any games Lol. Top player is so hard.

The_gas added 2 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

Try playing on top player. I have been playing it all day and have not scored more than 1 goal (in a game that is). If anything it needs to be easier lol.

Just moved up to Top Player, ended my losing streak and got a draw. Mind you, I am playing with the defaults in League One, don't know why I didn't start in League Two, would be a lot easier. Meh, I'll be there next season anyway.

I got a ?30k bonus if I win a match.

Now I hate the fact I have an 11-hr day tomorrow, out at 9:30am, not back till about 9PM, possibly later. Still, I know what I might be doing when I get in!

This is fantastic, I'm addicted to PES again! :D

I decided to download the demo today. Apart from being awfully easy its so fecking good. Will be getting this.

I've decided to not buy PES, simply because I already have fifa. PES should try to release as close to, or even before Fifa to get the profit up more. I didn't like the demo so I didn't want to risk getting the actual game, and with reviews saying Fifa's better or sometimes even, I won't be wasting my money.

Well, since I got rid of my ps2 and games I don't have PES. The last I had was 6. I'm still enjoying Fifa 09 so I wanna get PES 10 for a change.

The gfx are more realistic then FIFA 10 (these are just based on demo judgements) and I feel its generally a better game.

Is the demo meant to come with commentary? It was annoying playing without commentary.

TBH, I just wish PES could have more teams, stadiums etc. and a good Manager mode (Is it?) and I'll buy it if the gameplay's good. But I'm a Fifa fan so it could take a while to adjust. Hopefully I reckon next year I might just keep Fifa 10 because it's class.

I don't really like the lack of teams and there "manager mode" isn't great, but I love the PES feel! If PES starts shitting me it will be right back to FIFA 09 though lol :p

I won't be getting PES for ages anyway lawl cus i'm brroookkeeee.

So much to do in PES2010, so much bigger than when I last played it. Only ~8 more hours till I can play it.*

*starts shivering in the corner...

Did I mention how utterly amazing it looks in full HD? :hpraise

Oh munchkins, threw away a 1-0 lead at Bolton, still not won in 10 games...Was a funny goal though, I'll Youtube it at some point.

One question before I waste ?30 on this,

Worth it? (Got a 360)

I don't really like the lack of teams and there "manager mode" isn't great, but I love the PES feel! If PES starts shitting me it will be right back to FIFA 09 though lol :p

I won't be getting PES for ages anyway lawl cus i'm brroookkeeee.

There are eighteen empty team slots in 'other teams B' (PC version, at least), which I would bet that will be filled with teams from the Championship by modders very shortly: there's a guy over at Pro Evo Web who is busy making all the Championship kits. :)

Personally, I'd like two versions: one that has eighteen Championship teams, and one that has the top half of the Championship, with a mix of League One and League Two. That will finally bring something resembling the FA Cup to PES! Keep an eye on Pro Evo Web - the Option files and mods are beginning to appear...

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

So much to do in PES2010, so much bigger than when I last played it. Only ~8 more hours till I can play it.*

*starts shivering in the corner...

Did I mention how utterly amazing it looks in full HD? :hpraise

Oh munchkins, threw away a 1-0 lead at Bolton, still not won in 10 games...Was a funny goal though, I'll Youtube it at some point.

Munchkins... :laugh :laugh

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

One question before I waste ?30 on this,

Worth it? (Got a 360)

As far as I know, it's the same across all formats (well, those that count anyway, namely PC/Xbox 360/PS3). A waste of ?30 it most certainly isn't). :)

As far as I know, it's the same across all formats (well, those that count anyway, namely PC/Xbox 360/PS3). A waste of ?30 it most certainly isn't). :)

Thanks for the quick reply.

Ok, can I just ask, is the final packaged game better, in your opinion ofcourse, than the demo and why. This will pretty much determine whether it travels back to Uni with me on Saturday :p

Users who are viewing this thread