Planetcricketised Premiership

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PC Times - The Official Paper Of The Premiership
Issue 3

-----
Who Will Set The Premiership Alight?

The Premiership has seen a record number of money spent in this summer's transfer window. So in this bumper edition, The PC Times are predicting our top five wonders for this season:

1) Luis Nani - Manchester United

Nani arrived from Sporting Lisbon in the summer and is looking to follow in Cristiano Ronaldo's footsteps. At just twenty years old, this speedy winger is a carbon copy of Ronaldo. With seven Portugal caps already, Nani could just take the Premiership by storm.

2) Eduardo de Silva - Arsenal

Eduardo de Silva has a lot of work to do, filling the gap left by Thierry Henry's departure. But we honestly think that he can do it. Eduardo had a fantastic pre-season and two goals on his debut against Blackburn could see Arsenal to the title.

3) Florent Malouda - Chelsea

Malouda has a mixture of skill, pace and accuracy, the perfect signing for Chelsea. With a wealth of national experience, Malouda may just prove the edge in this year's title race.

4) Roque Santa Cruz - Blackburn

Roque Santa Cruz is the newest recruit in the UEFA Cup challenging, Blackburn. He brings a new side to the Rover's game and a pairing with Benni McCarthy could see Blackburn Rovers become a fierce team in the league.

5) Elano - Manchester City

Sven's brief reign as manager see a number of foreign players enter Manchester. Elano has the talent to make it in the Premiership. A powerful collection of strength and flair could see Elano become a top scorer in this season.

And the ones we forgot:

Fernando Torres - Liverpool
Cacapa - Newcastle
Craig Gordon - Sunderland
Oliver Kapo - Birmingham

-----

Week 1 - Results

Birmingham City 1-3 West Ham United
Blackburn Rovers 0-3 Arsenal
Fulham 5-0 Middlesbrough

Liverpool 1-0 Chelsea
Manchester City 2-4 Manchester United
Newcastle United 3-2 Aston Villa
Reading 3-1 Everton
Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 3 Derby County
Wigan Athletic 0-1 Sunderland

-----

Thanks for reading The PC Times! Next week will feature:

An interview with a current Premiership manager,
Match Of The Week - Bolton Wanderers vs Newcastle United,
Transfers and more..

By JJ Simpson

MY loan signings are going to go for double laps!

theres only been one game and everyboyd is criticising?

Nice to see lots of complaining about being beaten by certain managers!

But please note who's at the bottom of the table lads!!! :rolleyes:

Spin, when the loan window opens again is there any chance i could take one of your strikers on loan??
And Hooper have you decided about Elano or Bianchi yet for O'Neil and Heraiderson

Barrow's Madness!

After the weekends result, Wigan manager Barrow has ripped into the team by calling them lazy footballers. He promised each and every player will be taking laps for a full day in order to get thier fitness up, "it may not be the technical way to do it, but im furious. Sunderland are a team who shouldnt even be in this league, so im very mad that we could even get a draw out of the game!"

Barrow commented on other managers whining about losing,

"Boys, i dont think some of you have a reason to whine, especially the Chelsea manager, i mean there are 37 more games, obviously with a star studded squad your going to be up there, its difficult for me, i dont have that depth so im hoping to manage use to the top, instead of resting on my players skill."

Jdeus comments on the recent managers complaints

Here, here to Simbazz's comments. The first game of the season never dictates the outcome after 38. And please can I make it clear to all those whinging managers, that my team is at the bottom of the league but am I threating? No, I have the confidence in my team to bounce back for tomorrows game.

When asked about Simbazz personally

You know I think this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Arsenal vs Fulham
Aston Villa vs Liverpool
Bolton Wanderers vs Newcastle United
Chelsea vs Birmingham City
Derby County vs Portsmouth
Everton vs Wigan Athletic
Manchester United vs Reading
Middlesbrough vs Blackburn Rovers
Sunderland vs Tottenham Hotspur - Match Of The Day
West Ham United vs Manchester City

These are the fixtures for the new matches on Tuesday 21st August. Please post squads

Sunderland vs Tottenham Hotspur
I have picked this match as newly pomoted Sunderland are looking to get the preimership season off to a good start whille big spenders Tottenham need a win to show that there big names can perfrom

Middlesborough
4-4-2
Attacking

GK M_Schwarzer
DFC S_Finnan
DFC J_Woodgate
DFC J_Arca
DFC C_Riggott
MFC A_Le_Tallec
MFC G_Boateng
MFC G_Mendieta
MFC S_Downing
FWC A_Yakubu
FWC J_Aliadiere

GK B_Jones
DFC R_Huth
DFC D_Wheater
MFC L_Cattermole
MFC A_Johnson
FWC J_Euell
FWC D_G_Lee

PK: A_Yakubu

Pompey
N

GK D_James
DFC Lauren
DFC S_Campbell
DFC S_Hyypia
DFC S_Distin
MFC J_Utaka
MFC M_P_Mendes
MFC S_Muntari
MFC M_Taylor
FWC B_Mwaruwari
FWC D_Nugent

GK J_Ashdown
DFC D_Traore
DFC H_Herreidasson
MFC G_O_Neil
FWC N_Kanu
MFC A_Mvuemba
MFC R_Hughes

PK: M_Taylor

Anyone got any decent strikers available for loan, Spin would you allow me to loan any of your strikers??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread