Review Playtest Review/Preview(Review Links, Updated in First Post)

I am not asking you, so STFU and blow me:mad::mad:... You should learn to be cool from lazy. He answered almost 20 or 30 questions even after he posted a review.

Stop being so rude, especially to long term and respected members. As for 'blow me'? Methinks you better look elsewhere for that...

You'll get yourself banned if you're not careful.

Oh deffo, this game is simply amazing. Of course there will be some bad stuff but this game is simply breathtaking in my opinion. A real real improvement on BL 2007 and hats off for the lads at Codemasters for doing such a great job.

Have you played it as well? Lucky git... :)

@Lazy Chestnut: Man, that was a hell of a lot to type, I'm sure I speak for us all when I say that it is well appreciated. I'm only going to ask a few questions:

1. Did you see the ball go through the batsman's pads?
2. Did you see the AI get itself out by leg-glancing onto his stumps?
3. Are sixes a lot harder to time now?
4. Regarding sound/bounce, hopefully you can fix that as you did with 2007, if Codies don't get round to it?
5. One of the things I disliked about BLIC 2007 was the fact that it was almost impossible to bowl someone with a fast bowler, unless you bowled a yorker. Has that been fixed and do the stumps really go flying now?

Thanks again mate!

Thanks for the reviews and answering all our questions lads.
I really appreciate you giving us the lowdown, and also thanks to Codies for letting these lads have some hands on time, and letting them tell us all what they thought.

Looking forward to playing it myself soon.

Last edited:
Awesome reviews guys!! Thank you so very much for taking out the time to go for the Playtest and then giving time to writing reviews for us. I would have been really dissapointed if I didn't see any reviews today. Got home from work at 04:30am and came straight to my pc. Thanks again and Cheers!! :cheers

I think am gonna adore this game. I love cricket, it's in my blood. There are 2 things I just can't live without in my life - Cricket and Movies. Have been waiting for a good cricket game for ages (just like all of us out here). And this one doesn't seem good but seems to be excellent.

Someone rightly said in this post - it's a million times harder to wait for the game now, after reading these reviews. Let's hope it comes out sooooon :upray

Codies/Transmission games - u guys ROCK!! :cool:

PS - I envy you lads who went and played at the playtest (sorry but can't help myself)!! :mad:

However, Great reviews overall.... :clap

Question: After fielding restrictions are lifted does the AI change the field to a more defensive setting, unlike BLIC07

Good reviews. Thanks for it. As far as i think, the game is worth buy (anything is better than nothing). Just excited for its release.

Well done to all reviewers. This has provided some excellent and informative replies to the majority of the questions we would expect.

It would be fantastic for cricket to finally "break through" and have a wonderful and realistic computer game. It really is time that it caught up with baseball in this regard. For example, baseball games like MLB09: The Show receive high-scoring reviews and new games every year. In fact, if anything this game receives criticism for being "too realistic", mostly by players who don't spend the time practicing to become a qualified, major league player.

I am particularly excited by the Wii release. Imagine driving a half-volley through the covers for four using the Wiimote. That's sweet.

The game sounds quite good from what I've read. Although I wasn't bothered to read all of the paragraphs and mountains of questions/whinging. Guess I'll be picking it up anyhow. Cheers.

Great review lazy and Kamy. Thank you for taking the pain to enlighten all of us. I can't wait for the game to come out and I hope it will be available on Pal version for 360.

Well done to all reviewers. This has provided some excellent and informative replies to the majority of the questions we would expect.

It would be fantastic for cricket to finally "break through" and have a wonderful and realistic computer game. It really is time that it caught up with baseball in this regard. For example, baseball games like MLB09: The Show receive high-scoring reviews and new games every year. In fact, if anything this game receives criticism for being "too realistic", mostly by players who don't spend the time practicing to become a qualified, major league player.

I am particularly excited by the Wii release. Imagine driving a half-volley through the covers for four using the Wiimote. That's sweet.

not just sweet, sounds like poetry in motion to me.

cannot wait for the reviews from the aussie boys, when can we expect those?

not just sweet, sounds like poetry in motion to me.

cannot wait for the reviews from the aussie boys, when can we expect those?

Depends, It's tomorrow night for around 2 hrs or so(Melbourne time.) I will most likely write something or be happy to ask questions about AC09 this time on Thursday (again Melbourne time) which would be about 5am for the Poms, I'm not sure about Matt and the others that are going as to when they'll be writing stuff about the game :cool:.

Last edited:
Great reviews Tom and Kamy. :clap From what I've read, the game looks quite promising. Will buy it for sure. And from the reviews, it looks like that at last our long long wait for a decent and realistic cricket game is coming to an end. Good job by the Codies. :clap

Well thanks for info provided,If u guys dont mind answering i have 4questions,after that i dont need to ask any more hopefully
1)i read the review about gameplay,but i have question that how is the gameplay and sound effects compared to brian lara cricket 99,is it as good or better in ashes 2009.

2)How is the ps3 graphics compared to pc version(high end pc).Are graphics in Pc version toned down or as good as ps3 and 360 version.

3)Will the ntsc version of the game will be available on Xbox 360 and wii.

4)How responsive is the wii version to the controls,are controls laggy or good.thanks

I hope i havent repeated any questions if i did pardon me and ignore.thanks to all

believe it or not, but i can tell u guys one thing. u all gonna love this game for a week but after that there will be millions of complaints about the game.

Great review lazy and Kamy. Thank you for taking the pain to enlighten all of us. I can't wait for the game to come out and I hope it will be available on Pal version for 360.

It will be available on the PAL version, n i guess it will only be available on the PAL version. My bad - I won't be able to play this game coz I have ntsc-j.:crying

Users who are viewing this thread