Post your questions about the game here!

Helmet rating has no bearing on the difficulty level. You can have a helmet rating of 5 and still be on PRO. That's why I asked you to start a new career on Legend and see whether you see any difference with your current career while batting.

This is incorrect after patch 2. One of the changes in that patch was to increase difficulty level by 1 on the first helmet rank increase, and by one more at international level.

I'm posting from my phone, so I can't link easily to the relevant posts.

My experience (on PS3 so with patch 2 only) is that the increase in difficulty for internationals only applies when you're playing an international game.

I started on pro, and my helmet rank is now 2. Net practise before a domestic match is at Veteran. Net practise before an international match is at legend.

Is there any chart for the Helmet rating in the career mode?

Why I'm not a captain yet; I'm over 48,000 and my brother become captain on 22,000?

Is there any chart for the Helmet rating in the career mode?

Why I'm not a captain yet; I'm over 48,000 and my brother become captain on 22,000?

Helmet rating or xp don't affect selection status. Becoming captain is merely up to what your selection status is. I stand corrected but you are made captain when you reach star player. Also selection status is down to MOTM awards. The more you get the better your chances of progressing

This is not true though. On both of my careers (both started as 16 year old rookies) have moved onto veteran level. I put the first one down as a bug as I reached international status before the jump to helmet level 2. The second career jumped to helmet level 2 (amateur), then international status (pro), then to helmet level 3 (veteran).

This is not true though. On both of my careers (both started as 16 year old rookies) have moved onto veteran level. I put the first one down as a bug as I reached international status before the jump to helmet level 2. The second career jumped to helmet level 2 (amateur), then international status (pro), then to helmet level 3 (veteran).
Have you got to helmet level 4?

Certainly sounds like a bug - perhaps you could send HBK your career save for them to look at the difficulty.

hey Guys, The two things I wanted to know about the game,
1. How to get the thick line indicating the infield?? I mean which ever stadium I play, The infield marking is dotted.
2. How to play league matches in Day time. I has been playing T10 and T20 leagues,But every match I am playing is on evening - night time.I want to play leagues in day time too!!

Have you got to helmet level 4?

Certainly sounds like a bug - perhaps you could send HBK your career save for them to look at the difficulty.
It's not going to be a matter come next update. We'll be making it so that the difficulty only raises once you reach helmet level 4 and again for international level.

It's not going to be a matter come next update. We'll be making it so that the difficulty only raises once you reach helmet level 4 and again for international level.
Good to hear.

How are you managing that for careers that start at older ages though? If you start a career at 31, you start on helmet 4 and you'll make the international level in a handful of good matches - would you jump instantly up two levels of difficulty?

Is anything going to be added to tell the player when they have been bumped up a difficulty?

I don't think two bumps would be a wise idea for most, its one thing to maintain balance other to just let players have fun.

Atleast there should be an option to lock difficulty of career mode and nobody really bothers about leader board so you guys can set it so that it doesn't post there fwiw.

Good to hear.

How are you managing that for careers that start at older ages though? If you start a career at 31, you start on helmet 4 and you'll make the international level in a handful of good matches - would you jump instantly up two levels of difficulty?

Is anything going to be added to tell the player when they have been bumped up a difficulty?
Because you already start at that helmet level in the latter years, you only move up another difficulty at 5 and the international level.

We already alert the player about a difficulty bump being a thing in career, the message could change to inform of when in the career it'll happen however.
I don't think two bumps would be a wise idea for most, its one thing to maintain balance other to just let players have fun.

Atleast there should be an option to lock difficulty of career mode and nobody really bothers about leader board so you guys can set it so that it doesn't post there fwiw.
We are discussing the possibility of a locked difficulty for the future.

Because you already start at that helmet level in the latter years, you only move up another difficulty at 5 and the international level.
Again in the case of the career at 31 - you start at 'very close' to international selection. I can't see the merit in a difficulty bump that triggers almost immediately.

We already alert the player about a difficulty bump being a thing in career, the message could change to inform of when in the career it'll happen however.
At the point when it happens would be the most useful and clear to the player.

There's a lot of those alerts at the beginning of the career that most people just skip past in the rush to get started - as evidenced by the amount of posts asking if they can edit things on their in progress career.

I'd ideally suggest just adding the info to the next match screen:
Untitled-1.jpg

I am playing in career mode starting from amateur difficulty as BowlingAllrounder 16 year old. Now I am 18 years old and got contract to play Aus 50 over cup and Aus domestic shield. I scored a unbeaten century and took 4 wickets in my debut match in 50 over cup. I think this has changed my difficulty level higher. From my second match, I couldnt score more than 10 runs, Green area in my Bowling radar has shrunk smaller, and I am bowling atleast 2 no balls in a over and I cant take wickets. I am really frustrated to bowl or bat with that career player. and also not able to leave a player after playing over 50 matches with him. Is there a way to roll back to lower difficulty level.

Why not just make it possible for the user to select the skill level for the different formats? For me I'm somewhere between amateur and pro with pro being a tad tough for me and I'd probably find a career on amateur with international on pro the most appealing. I had to start my career on rookie so that I'd only go up to pro, but rookie is too easy and at the same time veteran is way above me.

Users who are viewing this thread