Post your questions about the game here!

Ross can you tell us which one has bigger budget, RLL2 or this cricket game ?

It's about the same in terms of budget however it's not a fair comparison as the Cricket game has had the advantage of leveraging everything in RLL2.

It is also based technology from our engine that has been in development for more than 10 years and has been used to ship seven console titles, so very hard to say what the "exact" budget is.

All of what you mention with regard to weather is in, actually most of it was already in RLL2 and the video you saw - except we have NOT got dew causing skidding and bowlers do NOT get effected by dew on the ball.

Anyway, if you liked the dynamic weather in that RLL2 video then you will LOVE what we have done in Cricket - it is the RLL2 dynamic weather system+++

PS: I'm never far away :)

The dynamic weather thing sounds really exciting, Ross. How about you get the real world weather on board (like they had it in MS Flight Simulators, weather updated at regular intervals) perhaps for the next versions. And one more thing Ross, is the weather absolutely random or is it based on the city you are playing the game in & time of the year (yes, I've had that in my mind ever since you told of career mode, don't know if its in)?

The dynamic weather thing sounds really exciting, Ross. How about you get the real world weather on board (like they had it in MS Flight Simulators, weather updated at regular intervals) perhaps for the next versions. And one more thing Ross, is the weather absolutely random or is it based on the city you are playing the game in & time of the year (yes, I've had that in my mind ever since you told of career mode, don't know if its in)?

Now that is a very cool idea! However as we might not always be on the internet when playing, perhaps if we'd recorded the weather for the cricket season in the particular location and then randomly picked a day or number of days for tests... hmmm... maybe in V2 or a patch.

Having no crowds in a pre season match really makes the full packed stadium atmosphere even more special during a final!
This comment makes me wonder how much we will feel the difference during career mode if we're working up in ground quality? Like for example having a less skilled groundsman early on so the pitch deteriorates faster or isn't exactly how we wanted it?

Now that is a very cool idea! However as we might not always be on the internet when playing, perhaps if we'd recorded the weather for the cricket season in the particular location and then randomly picked a day or number of days for tests... hmmm... maybe in V2 or a patch.

Yea, I'd love it! We'd all love it! :)

I really can't believe how awsome this game is on papers. It had everything and more that cricket fans wanted. Now it all depends on how smart BA's AI gonna be. From feedbacks it was very impressive in RLL2 and we hope you guys going to top that this time. May be if you can put all these info that you are sharing here in to a facebook page, I think that'll be enough initial marketing to get the hypes all the way up.

This comment makes me wonder how much we will feel the difference during career mode if we're working up in ground quality? Like for example having a less skilled groundsman early on so the pitch deteriorates faster or isn't exactly how we wanted it?

I wonder who we take charge of? International side or domestic

We then may graduate onto international during a campaign!

I wonder who we take charge of? International side or domestic
Considering it's just a game, I'd want it to be a domestic side that could then take on the world - so start off playing in a local regional league against generic sides, then graduate to a state/county level, then national - then something like the Champions League T20 (but for all forms) and finally the chance to play international sides - even if you need to suspend reality a bit to achieve that, it would be the full sense of graduation from a small team to world beaters.

Though even half that would still be far better than anything seen previously.

@ Ross

Will this time in a cricket game will we see a smart wicket keeper aware of the situations and will show us that he can run...!! In previous games wicket keeper without caring how close is the ball to him just run towards the stumps for fielder to come and throw the ball to him..!!! :mad :facepalm

and in Ashes 09 all wicket keepers were one handed and react really late after catching the ball bcoz the get freeze for some time which is totally unreal...!!!! :eek: :mad :facepalm

and pls can we get the keeper upto the stumps for a medium pacer if a batsman is advancing too much..????? n if yes is the AI smart enough to do the same when we advance????? :p

Pls rply Ross :)

"boring cricket" is subjective, understood, I guess most of us wouldn't like to watch no wickets and no runs for very long.... little like passing backwards continually in football.

Football and Rugby League were certainly challenging, however Cricket has it's own set of issues to overcome. As people say, including myself, the proof is in the pudding. I believe that we've made the best AFL and NRL games to date and we are determined to do the same for Cricket.

I have a question regarding "boring cricket" and just the general simulation.

I haven't played rugby league but I know for AFL some of the gameplay was made deliberately unrealistic for the purposes of a video game. This allows you to play 5 minute quarters yet kick a realistic score. Most of the backwards passing is taken out and there is less static play than in a real match. I think that the game was very good and enjoyable, and all arcade sports games do this so you can condense the game yet get realistic scores. In essence, the gameplay is tuned to artificially increase the score to time ratio.

But I am not sure if this is possible in cricket?

I imagine that the only way to get through a video game cricket match faster than a real one is the ability to move quickly between balls. You don't have to wait a minute for the bowler to return to his mark etc. The actual gameplay though, ball by ball, has to be modelled completely realistically, unlike arcade sports games. Consequently, there will be some "boring cricket", because if you bowl 100 overs in a test match and there are not periods of not many runs then teams will score 1000. Also if there aren't periods without wickets, whether it is the CPU or you batting, then each test innings will be shorter than a one dayer.

I have a question regarding "boring cricket" and just the general simulation.

I haven't played rugby league but I know for AFL some of the gameplay was made deliberately unrealistic for the purposes of a video game. This allows you to play 5 minute quarters yet kick a realistic score. Most of the backwards passing is taken out and there is less static play than in a real match. I think that the game was very good and enjoyable, and all arcade sports games do this so you can condense the game yet get realistic scores. In essence, the gameplay is tuned to artificially increase the score to time ratio.

But I am not sure if this is possible in cricket?

I imagine that the only way to get through a video game cricket match faster than a real one is the ability to move quickly between balls. You don't have to wait a minute for the bowler to return to his mark etc. The actual gameplay though, ball by ball, has to be modelled completely realistically, unlike arcade sports games. Consequently, there will be some "boring cricket", because if you bowl 100 overs in a test match and there are not periods of not many runs then teams will score 1000. Also if there aren't periods without wickets, whether it is the CPU or you batting, then each test innings will be shorter than a one dayer.

I could be wrong, but im pretty sure Ross said you could select how many overs you want in the day. The AI will then bat at a rate that is realistic to the overs.

Make it a 60 over day, so 20 a session and score 300 with AI going at 5's supposed to 300 after 90 at 3. Something!

Someone correct me if wrong!!

In a nut shell you determine the time length knowing it will affect the AI mentality to a degree.

Ross is this correct or utter rubbish!!?

No that sounds right - Ross said they were testing the AI in the different overs per day scenarios to ensure the amount of runs/wickets per day were kept to realistic levels

@ Big Ant studios: Do u have a tutorial for batting, Fielding, bowling??? And what camera angles will be available in the game???:)

Thanks, really appreciate it. Regarding "h" it's about stamina and player profile, you'll see that later in matches, even in that video, players get run down - and they get hit HARD when they are out of puff.

All of what you mention with regard to weather is in, actually most of it was already in RLL2 and the video you saw - except we have NOT got dew causing skidding and bowlers do NOT get effected by dew on the ball.

Anyway, if you liked the dynamic weather in that RLL2 video then you will LOVE what we have done in Cricket - it is the RLL2 dynamic weather system+++

Ross, if you could comment on the number of overs bowled per day in tests? Is it 90 overs or depends on how we play?
EA cricket 07 had the same time period for ever over and it was displayed after every over.

----------

And Ross, you said something about expecting fielders to almost pick up throw without dropping always. But are there any overthrows, throws away from the keeper. And should we take control of the WK to catch the ball after its thrown?

No DEW? GAMEBREAKER!! Cancelling me pre-order now.

One more week for the beta, can't wait.

Retarded question of the day, do we get drinks break? And do we get to see pigeons? How about hot virtual chicks between overs?

Users who are viewing this thread