Post your questions about the game here!

A small thing that bugged me about RLL2 was the quite loud sound it made when you passed the ball, I have never heard a pass out of someones hand make a noise before (or very slight) :P Hopefully it's not the same with bowling in cricket, or has the option to turn off.

Well the runup sound for a bowler would infact be quite realistic. Unlike Rugby, We do have stump mics in cricket that pick up the sound of the bowler's runup (after he has reached the umpire i.e.), bat hitting the ground etc.

Well the runup sound for a bowler would infact be quite realistic. Unlike Rugby, We do have stump mics in cricket that pick up the sound of the bowler's runup (after he has reached the umpire i.e.), bat hitting the ground etc.

Yeah, at least the delivery stride should make a decent noise - and the audible bowler strain... some are louder than others :P

come on give us some hint on the release day !! i really don't wanna spend my money on Ashes 13 anymore :facepalm

I hope this video will give an insight in to how good their animations, stadiums, weather, atmosphere etc are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF5vGKILBfE

Nice vid :)!!! Here are somethings I noticed:

a) The ball physics are amazing!!!! If you see the ball jumping between the first 12-14 seconds, it really looks so realistic and 'dynamic'.
b) Weather looks awesome!!! Though we would not be playing cricket in the rain (I hope going off is realistic though. We should still be able to play in light rain and should go off only when it rains hard. Maybe in the next version of the game :)), it looks absolutely fabulous in RLL2. You can see how realistic the rain looks in the wind at around 37-40 seconds in the vid (when it shows the ref blowing the whistle).
c) Commentary is good. It is not awesome....but good!
d) Animations blend in very smoothly
e) Also enjoyed how every player is focussed on the ball throughout
f) Player models look STUNNING!!! Even their tattoos look damn real specially when playing in rain!
g) Attention to detail is evident throughout the gameplay!!STUNNING stuff!!

h) Didnt like the fact that when the player with the ball is running, he ran from one end to the other without losing any visible speed. I think the player should have slowed down due to depleting stamina when he made that run at full burst from one end to the other!

----------

Hey Ross,
I do have a question, seeing the dynamic weather in play. Would it be visibly more difficult to spot the ball when it gets dark? Would the batsmen be offered light when it gets dark and would have the option taking/rejecting it? Will the Dynamic weather mean this: we start the match on a sunny day with rain forecast during the day.....then the wind picks up and it suddenly starts getting darker, eventually it starts to rain lightly....play continues....then the rain gets harder and we go off the field?? Also, will there be variations in the weather changes, i.e. somedays we start the game with rain clouds hovering + heavy winds + low light and then suddenly the clouds go away instead of it raining?

Would the sudden changes in weather effect the gameplay (e.g ball suddenly starts to swing, dew factor makes the ball skid after a few overs, spinners find it difficult to release the ball in time due to dew etc?).

Is it too naive to expect that kind of detail in this version of the game??

Edit: Doh...I always seem to ask my questions when Ross is not around!!! And then the post gets lost in between the other latest ones lol.

Last edited:
Having watched that rugby vid, I can conclusively state I've had a couple of kittens. They're called Swanny and Jimmy, and we're all very happy together, thank you very much.

I'd love to find out a bit more about how the grounds impact the games. Do individual grounds have their own characeristics? Ie, Trent Bridge swinging, Mumbai being an absolute ragger? And will grounds reach the stage where batting is almost unplayable unless you're KP? Even if the grounds are unlicensed, this would be an awesome feature.

As ever, if this question's come up before, please do chide me and point me in the right direction ;) Thanks.

Any video with Requiem for a Dream soundtrack can make anything looks epic. Anyways I am now currently watching this video and thoroughly enjoying it, the background music really makes it pretty good. I think this music along with Mind Heist can work wonders with any video :thumbs

Nice vid :)!!! Here are somethings I noticed:

a) The ball physics are amazing!!!! If you see the ball jumping between the first 12-14 seconds, it really looks so realistic and 'dynamic'.
b) Weather looks awesome!!! Though we would not be playing cricket in the rain (I hope going off is realistic though. We should still be able to play in light rain and should go off only when it rains hard. Maybe in the next version of the game :)), it looks absolutely fabulous in RLL2. You can see how realistic the rain looks in the wind at around 37-40 seconds in the vid (when it shows the ref blowing the whistle).
c) Commentary is good. It is not awesome....but good!
d) Animations blend in very smoothly
e) Also enjoyed how every player is focussed on the ball throughout
f) Player models look STUNNING!!! Even their tattoos look damn real specially when playing in rain!
g) Attention to detail is evident throughout the gameplay!!STUNNING stuff!!

h) Didnt like the fact that when the player with the ball is running, he ran from one end to the other without losing any visible speed. I think the player should have slowed down due to depleting stamina when he made that run at full burst from one end to the other!

Thanks, really appreciate it. Regarding "h" it's about stamina and player profile, you'll see that later in matches, even in that video, players get run down - and they get hit HARD when they are out of puff.

----------

[/COLOR]Hey Ross,
I do have a question, seeing the dynamic weather in play. Would it be visibly more difficult to spot the ball when it gets dark? Would the batsmen be offered light when it gets dark and would have the option taking/rejecting it? Will the Dynamic weather mean this: we start the match on a sunny day with rain forecast during the day.....then the wind picks up and it suddenly starts getting darker, eventually it starts to rain lightly....play continues....then the rain gets harder and we go off the field?? Also, will there be variations in the weather changes, i.e. somedays we start the game with rain clouds hovering + heavy winds + low light and then suddenly the clouds go away instead of it raining?

Would the sudden changes in weather effect the gameplay (e.g ball suddenly starts to swing, dew factor makes the ball skid after a few overs, spinners find it difficult to release the ball in time due to dew etc?).

Is it too naive to expect that kind of detail in this version of the game??

Edit: Doh...I always seem to ask my questions when Ross is not around!!! And then the post gets lost in between the other latest ones lol.

All of what you mention with regard to weather is in, actually most of it was already in RLL2 and the video you saw - except we have NOT got dew causing skidding and bowlers do NOT get effected by dew on the ball.

Anyway, if you liked the dynamic weather in that RLL2 video then you will LOVE what we have done in Cricket - it is the RLL2 dynamic weather system+++

PS: I'm never far away :)

Thanks, really appreciate it. Regarding "h" it's about stamina and player profile, you'll see that later in matches, even in that video, players get run down - and they get hit HARD when they are out of puff.

All of what you mention with regard to weather is in, actually most of it was already in RLL2 and the video you saw - except we have NOT got dew causing skidding and bowlers do NOT get effected by dew on the ball.

Anyway, if you liked the dynamic weather in that RLL2 video then you will LOVE what we have done in Cricket - it is the RLL2 dynamic weather system+++

:D!!!

Sounds AWESOME :)!!!

Well maybe we will have dew affecting gameplay in the future releases, as really it does play a huge role in night games! Heck, such is the impact that it even effects the decisions taken by captains during the toss (batting/bowling/team combinations).

I have put many hours into RLL2 and can honestly say to people the weather is brilliant. Nothing better than seeing the mud accumulate on your players kit and the weather deteriorates and the pitch becomes a state!

I have never enjoyed a sports game so much and i think it boils down to the fact that it just does the basics so well!!

Having no crowds in a pre season match really makes the full packed stadium atmosphere even more special during a final!

Ross small question. Will we see the ball visibly turn to tje point where a batsmen may lunge forward in defence play down the line and see the ball beat the outside edge!

Users who are viewing this thread