Post your questions about the game here!

Hello Guys...

I am facing a problem with DBC14. I have 3 careers and one of them (which was the most impressive) has got an error. It says this "error loading save data".... please help.. because that career was going so well and i don't wanna lose it....

Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions..

Can someone help me with bowling left arm wrist spin? my career character cant seem to catch a break getting wickets, he bowled maiden after maiden and just can't catch a break :| i hear everyone else saying how easy it is to get wickets so what am i doing wrong?

Is there a way to set up the teams so that the test team play tests and the one day team play the one day games in career mode

You adjust the default batting lineups for each format. Uploading teams without having done that probably isn't the best thing either

Anyone pls help : When i am playing T20 cricket with AI, AI setting close fielding even after power play getting over....i could not look any long on or long off till the completion of 20th over.... especially for spin bowling there are 4 or 5 slips fielding in middle overs when the team opponent scores with good run rate.... is there any option to set the field for AI especially in middle overs to make long fielding?

Anyone pls help : When i am playing T20 cricket with AI, AI setting close fielding even after power play getting over....i could not look any long on or long off till the completion of 20th over.... especially for spin bowling there are 4 or 5 slips fielding in middle overs when the team opponent scores with good run rate.... is there any option to set the field for AI especially in middle overs to make long fielding?

Unfortunately there is no way to change this. Hopefully it is one of the things being looked at for the next patch.

Unfortunately there is no way to change this. Hopefully it is one of the things being looked at for the next patch.
Don't know if it's just me, but if I hit a few boundaries against the AI when I first come in, the AI fielders always go deep for the rest of my innings. When I target a particular area, the fielders usually move there as well...

Don't know if it's just me, but if I hit a few boundaries against the AI when I first come in, the AI fielders always go deep for the rest of my innings. When I target a particular area, the fielders usually move there as well...

When they go deep, you can just block 1 or 2 balls, and the blokes will move back in again. Bit of a downside, that's why many of us are hoping that it will be fixed with the next patch. Makes the game a little too easy to play when batting. When you need runs, block a ball, then the field is open to smack it. lol

Busy trying out pro cam mode....

Is there any way to see, on which line my batsman is standing (middle stump, legside etc) ? Other than having to go to a different camera, moving him, and then changing back to pro cam.

I think it's been mentioned before, but I've had the opposition change their field one free hit when the same batsman is on strike. Also, some rare no bowls don't get called, although I'm assuming that that is meant to replicate real life.

I also want to clarify the fielding rules. In all my experience playing cricket through juniors and some seniors and also in watching cricket, the 'two fielders behind square' rule seemed to include square leg into the equation i.e. if you had fine leg and square leg you could have no more in the area. The only way around that would be having a backward and a forward square leg. However, the game constantly has fine leg, square, and deep square leg or similar fields which to my experience is illegal. I know the rules say behind square, but Ive always seen it interpreted such that square leg is included in the parameters. Can someone clarify this?

Reference: Fielding (cricket) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There may be no more than two fielders, other than the wicket-keeper, standing in the quadrant of the field behind square leg

So I guess anything in the quadrant of field behind square has a restriction of 2 fielders. I may be interpreting it wrong though or even wikipedia might be wrong.

I think it's been mentioned before, but I've had the opposition change their field one free hit when the same batsman is on strike. Also, some rare no bowls don't get called, although I'm assuming that that is meant to replicate real life.

I also want to clarify the fielding rules. In all my experience playing cricket through juniors and some seniors and also in watching cricket, the 'two fielders behind square' rule seemed to include square leg into the equation i.e. if you had fine leg and square leg you could have no more in the area. The only way around that would be having a backward and a forward square leg. However, the game constantly has fine leg, square, and deep square leg or similar fields which to my experience is illegal. I know the rules say behind square, but Ive always seen it interpreted such that square leg is included in the parameters. Can someone clarify this?

Depends if your square leg is behind square: I'd imagine that a backward square leg would count as . If a traditional square leg counted then I'd imagine that forward square leg would be a lot more popular.

My field as a leg arm leg spinner IG often includes a short leg, leg slip, [backward] square leg and rarely a fine leg depending on how accurate my bowling is and that's never been considered illegal positioning in my game... It probably wouldn't work IRL but I've found that a short leg is useful since although they don't catch anything they act as a meat shield to block a fair few sweeps (a little gamey but whatever) and that in tests the AI is a little averse to elevated shots so the square leg is useful at stopping most ground things. Although IRL you wouldn't have mid off being the position that you have your best catcher in...

Users who are viewing this thread