Post your questions about the game here!

Since this game is changing the current style in every field, I hope it has great tutorial sessions to come in terms with the new system.

It would be really interesting to see the fielding mechanics in this game! Even in the real game of cricket, the fielder is concentrating on the batsman and the ball and is not bothered about the release of the bowl etc, where as in this game, we first need to concentrate on the release of the ball and then think about the fielding, so if everything is happening in realtime, then we do have a lesser amount of time to react to the shot than say a real fielder who is only focused on the batsman/ball.

I didn't understand a single bit of that. While fielding I am worried about releasing the ball as soon as possible to prevent an extra run or effect a run out and this is why you see misfields. However that does not mean that I am not concerned about gathering the ball cleanly, it is a given that I need to gather the ball first in order to release it.

In real world Cricket the role of the fielders inside the circle is to prevent quick singles, effect run outs, take catches and the role of the close in fielders like the silly point, short leg, slips etc is to take those reflex catches while the fielders outside the circle need to be quick, have a strong arm and ideally tall too and that is how you would want it to be in the game too. This isn't catching or fielding practice.

I didn't understand a single bit of that. While fielding I am worried about releasing the ball as soon as possible to prevent an extra run or effect a run out and this is why you see misfields. However that does not mean that I am not concerned about gathering the ball cleanly, it is a given that I need to gather the ball first in order to release it.
:lol
He means in realtime the fielder doesn't bother about how well the bowler releases the ball.
While in this game, we have to think about how properly we are going to release and pitch the ball, and then when the batsman hits, how fast are we going to position the fielder. It all happens in seconds.

God how beautiful the game of cricket is.

In real world Cricket the role of the fielders inside the circle is to prevent quick singles, effect run outs, take catches and the role of the close in fielders like the silly point, short leg, slips etc is to take those reflex catches while the fielders outside the circle need to be quick, have a strong arm and ideally tall too and that is how you would want it to be in the game too. This isn't catching or fielding practice.

I think what he meant was that the user will have multiple roles to play whereas in real life you are either the bowler or the fielder. So as a fielder you don't worry about the release of the ball (since it is the bowler's role).

Edit: I am late.

I didn't understand a single bit of that. While fielding I am worried about releasing the ball as soon as

The 'Release' of the ball in my post was meant to be the release of the ball while 'bowling'. The new bowling mechanics in this game requires you to time the release of the ball which would decide what length the ball will be bowled at. Since you only would be bowling the ball and then fielding it, you would now need to concentrate on the release of the ball when bowling and then quickly shift your focus towards fielding when the ball is played, as compared to a real world fielder who only has to focus on the ball+batsman.

Edit: I am late too :p

What you propose is close for the outfield controls, except for when you don't get there quite in time and need to dive, etc.. and hitting the ball back so as to save a boundary.

The slips is under wraps for now, I can say that AI plays no part.

Finally! Now we can see fielders falling to the ground and that makes judging the run interesting. And as Ross already mentioned that the non-striker must agree to your call for the run, this is gonna be really interesting.
That means the break of 2-3 seconds between each ball is going to matter a lot for us! :p

Ross did say that close in fielding will have the ai help but going into details about slips and other close fielders he will not talk about it at the moment, still we can try. Sounds great on paper to me just like the rest of the game.
I have high hopes for this game, only 6 days till the cricket academy and i have the day off work.:D

cricket academy is for editing and creating the players !! you cant make them bat or bowl i think

Last edited:
No you can't assign them skills. He said he can't tell more about it.
But i guess we should be able to assign them their type- RHB,LHB,etc.

No you can't assign them skills. He said he can't tell more about it.
But i guess we should be able to assign them their type- RHB,LHB,etc.

NO you can assign them skills as well as attributes and many more as you can see in the cricket academy beta video..!!! :D :cheers

Any one correct me if I am wrong..!!! :p

NO you can assign them skills as well as attributes and many more as you can see in the cricket academy beta video..!!!
Btw, do we assign skills to the created players in the cricket academy?
Or would every player start from average?
Didn't get much about it, as I told.
There is an implementation of a complex points system that is continually updated as you play - unfortunately I can't discuss it yet.
It will be cleared once CA is out.

I will trust ross regarding manual fielding. i don't mind a bit of a learning curve as long as fielding is fun once i get used to it. but Hopefully manual fielding doesn't result in funny looking replays where the player is running around to catch a chicken or player changing directions awkwardly.

NO you can assign them skills as well as attributes and many more as you can see in the cricket academy beta video..!!! :D :cheers

Any one correct me if I am wrong..!!! :p

You are correct! :D

Attachments

• CricketAcademySkills.png
    CricketAcademySkills.png
    159.9 KB · Views: 55
I will trust ross regarding manual fielding. i don't mind a bit of a learning curve as long as fielding is fun once i get used to it. but Hopefully manual fielding doesn't result in funny looking replays where the player is running around to catch a chicken or player changing directions awkwardly.

I just got their AFL game from 2011 on PC and the animations are really smooth and fluent, there is a lot of catching/marking and it's never jerky... I have faith it will be similarly smooth in a much updated engine since then.

You are correct! :D

I can also see that they have an 'xp' system similar to Fifa :)!!! Based on this and the fact that Ross did mention Fifa a few times in his initial posts, I feel he takes his inspiration from the Fifa series and maybe sets it as his benchmark!! No wonder there is so much detail in the Game :)!

If the individual attributes effect the player gameplay like it does in fifa, and makes every player feel unique......BigAnt would just have made our wildest cricket gaming dreams come true :D!!

Users who are viewing this thread