Post your questions about the game here!

Before we start to discount the fielding mechanics, let give a chance to BigAntStudios and hope it works as a positive for us. Fielding is an integral part of cricket so being involved would just enhance the game further. Would love to see how it will work.

I can also see that they have an 'xp' system similar to Fifa :)!!! Based on this and the fact that Ross did mention Fifa a few times in his initial posts, I feel he takes his inspiration from the Fifa series and maybe sets it as his benchmark!! No wonder there is so much detail in the Game :)!

If the individual attributes effect the player gameplay like it does in fifa, and makes every player feel unique......BigAnt would just have made our wildest cricket gaming dreams come true :D!!

Wanted this uniqueness things from ages.!!! :eek: Would be the best feature if it is there.!!! :rolleyes
Could you pls tell me somethings about attributes and how that xp system works..!!!

And the gaming experience will only be better with it, we hardly used to field manually in other games before.
Saying it doesn't have automatic fielding, BigAnt have now covered the basic concepts of all the three important parts cricket.

If implemented well, they will revolutionize Cricket Gaming. And we might even see other big developers debuting. What a year for Cricket Gaming:cheers

would we get to choose from a variety of helmets including classic ones such as this ?

79213.jpg

If not will there be an option of batting without one ?

Looks more like he's landing on the moon, would love to choose from different headgear though, and no helmet option would be great.

Will we be able to change the Keyboard mapping to our likeness?

Would recommend you to get a pc controller instead. One by logitech. They are amazing. Bought one (wireless rumblepad 2) 6 years ago and it is still working. Best part is recently i found out it works as a ps3 controller too by default.

Ross, for local or online multiplayer, how many players can play in one team? And how does it exactly work when it comes to defined roles? Who bowls or bats or fields? In previous titles in a 2 vs 2 game while batting two players play as the two batamen on the crease while one guy bowls and the other fields. But since in your game the runner is AI controller, how it will work?

Last edited:
Looks more like he's landing on the moon, would love to choose from different headgear though, and no helmet option would be great.

Spot on, I thought he looked like one of those cheesy space thugs from Moonraker....In fact it was Yallop trying to get some protection from Garner and Roberts.

Would recommend you to get a pc controller instead. One by logitech. They are amazing. Bought one (wireless rumblepad 2) 6 years ago and it is still working. Best part is recently i found out it works as a ps3 controller too by default.

Why isn't microsoft's xbox controller better?

Why isn't microsoft's xbox controller better?

I wouldnt know given i have never used one. Didn't even know you can use that on PC. I am just recommending what I have used and found (and heard) to be extremely reliable. Any controller lasting 6 years is extremely reliable in my opinion. And logitech has good reputation when it comes to accessories like that.

As we are approaching the beta release of Cricket Academy, I think it will be great to start getting the team line ups and maybe photographs of each player, that way we would have a updated roster and decent player model. I will create a thread and accumulate the photographs as well of the players if people are interested!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread