Post your questions about the game here!

Maybe I'm just always timing the ball wrong, but I really struggle with full deliveries. Even if I know its coming full and straight, I just don't know how to play it. I try to drive down the ground, but the bowler always fields that, so my only option is to step across my stumps and turn it to leg side, which often gets me out lbw. Any suggestions?

This also might be a larger issue with my batting, because when I'm cover driving, the full balls only go for 1s and 2s, but a ball back of a length that I hit really high on the front foot is the one that goes for 4.

Thanks

Do we have the option to play Local Multiplayer in Tour mode? Instead of playing in Casual mode?

I would like to beat my Brother in his Home country in all forms of cricket :yes

Maybe I'm just always timing the ball wrong, but I really struggle with full deliveries. Even if I know its coming full and straight, I just don't know how to play it. I try to drive down the ground, but the bowler always fields that, so my only option is to step across my stumps and turn it to leg side, which often gets me out lbw. Any suggestions?

This also might be a larger issue with my batting, because when I'm cover driving, the full balls only go for 1s and 2s, but a ball back of a length that I hit really high on the front foot is the one that goes for 4.

Thanks
its a simple case of off timing, you need play a little early or a little late .
if you are getting out lbw while playing leg glance then you are playing late , i would suggest you to try and play little early :thumbs

there is different timing window for back of and full length deliveries.[DOUBLEPOST=1427855478][/DOUBLEPOST]
Do we have the option to play Local Multiplayer in Tour mode? Instead of playing in Casual mode?

I would like to beat my Brother in his Home country in all forms of cricket :yes
No, Not yet

Thanks
Defence?

So I'm into my 53rd over bowling on pro, Chapple gets a nick from Rashid defending one, it heads straight to the keeper's hands when all of a sudden the keeper spins around and attempts to take the catch backwards, between his legs, allowing the ball to hit the ground first. My first edge in almost 100 overs and I have to deal with this shite. How the hell have we gone from a keeper that worked fine in BLC99 to a moon-walking, diving when shouldn't , does nothing when it should mess a decade and a half later?

Clammy hands
So I'm into my 53rd over bowling on pro, Chapple gets a nick from Rashid defending one, it heads straight to the keeper's hands when all of a sudden the keeper spins around and attempts to take the catch backwards, between his legs, allowing the ball to hit the ground first. My first edge in almost 100 overs and I have to deal with this shite. How the hell have we gone from a keeper that worked fine in BLC99 to a moon-walking, diving when shouldn't , does nothing when it should mess a decade and a half later?

Whenever I am this kind of mood I just fire up Ashes 09 or IC10, bash 148 in 4.3 overs: just to remind myself how bad it can be......I have scored just 2 centuries in all my time with DBC.....no doubt, lots needs to be fixed especially on the fielding and bowling side, but.........

its a simple case of off timing, you need play a little early or a little late .
if you are getting out lbw while playing leg glance then you are playing late , i would suggest you to try and play little early :thumbs

there is different timing window for back of and full length deliveries.[DOUBLEPOST=1427855478][/DOUBLEPOST]
No, Not yet
Yes sometimes playing the leg glance you are out lbw because you are late but also you are out sometimes too if you play a fraction early because I have checked the replay and im moving a fraction early because the ball has not yet pitched and sometimes im bowled too. So u just have to be precise with the timing and u can get a lot of runs of the leg glance.

i guess the BA response would be that physics & graphics are separate systems, and this is how an edge that didn't carry in the physics system is represented in the graphics system... whether that is an acceptable (to the user) answer is a different matter.

if AI edges weren't rarer than rocking horse shit it wouldn't matter so much, but when they are so few and far between that sort of thing really is a kick in the nuts.

unfortunately, that time you only got two cherries... keep feeding the coins in and the machine will return 3 eventually.

Whenever I am this kind of mood I just fire up Ashes 09 or IC10, bash 148 in 4.3 overs: just to remind myself how bad it can be......I have scored just 2 centuries in all my time with DBC.....no doubt, lots needs to be fixed especially on the fielding and bowling side, but.........

I saved and exited a couple of overs later and watched Bill Burr instead as I was fuming!

if AI edges weren't rarer than rocking horse shit it wouldn't matter so much, but when they are so few and far between that sort of thing really is a kick in the nuts.

This exactly. The funny thing is I went back to this game a few hours later and 4 overs in got another edge, second slip dived high and to his left, got a hand to it but dropped it! This time I was actually impressed that the slip had almost taken what would have been an amazing catch and the first time I can recall a slip diving for the ball.

The funny thing is I went back to this game a few hours later and 4 overs in got another edge, second slip dived high and to his left, got a hand to it but dropped it! This time I was actually impressed that the slip had almost taken what would have been an amazing catch and the first time I can recall a slip diving for the ball.

I got 2 slip catches in the space of 12 overs earlier; one a square cut that went right up in the air and back down and the 2nd slip took running in and caught a metre or so from the batsman; the second though probably more like your one, a bona fide edge that flew and was caught with a diving catch; funny thing was I was deciding where to put the guy, 2nd slip or 5th, and decided on 5th and it went wide of him and needed the dive too - thank god I put him at 5th!

also, just got a "gully" catch, bowling with a spinner the batsman went to cut, top-edged it into the keepers head and it spooned up to gully

Users who are viewing this thread