Post your questions about the game here!

Ross or Mikey, with the latest update i can see that the Review System is able to be turned on or off. If it is turned off, will we still get "wrong" decisions but not be able to do anything about it, or will it revert back to making the umpires give the right call each time?

Ross or Mikey, with the latest update i can see that the Review System is able to be turned on or off. If it is turned off, will we still get "wrong" decisions but not be able to do anything about it, or will it revert back to making the umpires give the right call each time?

Would love to see a few howlers thrown in. Nothing like getting so mad you want to throw controller against the wall :D

Yes.

Like the manual fielding, you can turn it on and off, we call these options part of the Ashes compatibility downgrade mode :p

----------

Would love to see a few howlers thrown in. Nothing like getting so mad you want to throw controller against the wall :D

I am looking forward to the "outlier" decisions myself :)

Yes.

Like the manual fielding, you can turn it on and off, we call these options part of the Ashes compatibility downgrade mode :p

:lol

By the way can you make fielding "automatic"? I thought you said you wouldn't have any automatic/manual switches in the game, but yeah it would be good to turn off manual fielding in the career mode.

----------

I am looking forward to the "outlier" decisions myself :)

They are the ones which bring character to the game and makes the gaming experience authentic :yes

Would be great to see a "Poor Decisions" thread when the game comes out and people ranting at getting short end of the stick.

:lol

By the way can you make fielding "automatic"? I thought you said you wouldn't have any automatic/manual switches in the game, but yeah it would be good to turn off manual fielding in the career mode.

----------

They are the ones which bring character to the game and makes the gaming experience authentic :yes

Would be great to see a "Poor Decisions" thread when the game comes out and people ranting at getting short end of the stick.

Not sure when I said there wasn't anything automatic but I guess I could have early days... we also have simulation as well where it's totally automatic.

Not sure when I said there wasn't anything automatic but I guess I could have early days... we also have simulation as well where it's totally automatic.

I certainly wasn't aware of that and I guess possibilities are endless in the Big Ant game :thumbs

Wait you can make fielding automatic? That's surprising to hear. You very much gave the impression that fielding will be manual and there will be nothing automatic about it the last time you discussed fielding.

Wait you can make fielding automatic? That's surprising to hear. You very much gave the impression that fielding will be manual and there will be nothing automatic about it the last time you discussed fielding.

Things look better and better everytime we hear about the game :cheers

Yes. I mostly hate automated anything. I like "playing" games.... however we have always said we have simulation, it is true that I didn't clarify that fielding can be automated or manual. I didn't know the other game had no fielding at all though so it wasn't really a key point to raise.

You get a "bonus" for manually fielding rather than letting the AI do it, and it's fun so I choose to field. My opinion is that if you want to base your fielding on AI and player stats then just go to the Nets.

Yes.

What about online Ross? Is fielding manual or automatic for online. I feel you should have introduced this option in a patch instead some time later..as mst probably, people will just use the automatic fielding without giving a fair chance to manual, specially if it is not mandatory for online matches. Manual fielding had been a pain in all previous games, so people really do not believe in it anymore, but since you are pretty confident that you have nailed it and made it fun, wouldn't it be better to let people play with manual fielding atleast for a month and then get the option to use automatic incase they didn't like it?

I want to be clear - it's a choice - either manual or automatic fielding. Our game is based and balanced around manual fielding, it should be played that way.

In terms of features, it's not a big deal, the AI already fields for itself, it just fields for you if you have a box ticked.

----------

What about online Ross? Is fielding manual or automatic for online. I feel you should have introduced this option in a patch instead some time later..as mst probably, people will just use the automatic fielding without giving a fair chance to manual, specially if it is not mandatory for online matches. Manual fielding had been a pain in all previous games, so people really do not believe in it anymore, but since you are pretty confident that you have nailed it and made it fun, wouldn't it be better to let people play with manual fielding atleast for a month and then get the option to use automatic incase they didn't like it?

I'd rather give people the choice. If you are competent with a controller you will manually field better than the AI will for you. There is a bonus for playing.

----------

Things look better and better everytime we hear about the game :cheers

We don't have the Ashes license so we are trying to deliver a Cricket "toolbox" that is as open to customisation as possible.

We don't have the Ashes license so we are trying to deliver a Cricket "toolbox" that is as open to customisation as possible.

Reminds me of "Apple Vs Android", "Windows Vs Linux" and "Proprietary Vs Open Source" battles :cheers

Yes. I mostly hate automated anything. I like "playing" games.... however we have always said we have simulation, it is true that I didn't clarify that fielding can be automated or manual. I didn't know the other game had no fielding at all though so it wasn't really a key point to raise.
You're on a roll getting in features I'd want. I'll obviously try the game with manual fielding, but it is good to know I can switch it off - though the career mode of being able to just focus on my part of the game made me not worry either way - it's nice having the option.

Users who are viewing this thread