Post your questions about the game here!

Ross a couple of questions for you or Mike if you guys can answer them...

1. Is there a "pitch aging" attribute in the game and does it work differently for different formats? This question came to my mind when you mentioned pitch deteriorating over time in the screenshots for the game. When you select a Test match with 100 overs you would expect the pitch to age significantly over those 100 overs but if you play a odi, you wouldn't expect the pitch to change all that much over the 100 overs. Same holds true for T20. Maybe there can be a "pitch aging" setting where we can choose to have the pitch age at a much faster rate in odis & T20s as well but it should be up to the user.

2. You mentioned about no "stumps and bails" animations and everything being physics engine based. Does that mean we can expect wide ranging visuals like stumps cartwheeling when bowled by a 90 mph bowler or bails going as far back as the wicket keeper in case the ball hits the bail? Have you witnessed these varied results in the game when you played it?

1. We age the pitch as appropriately as possible, automatically. The weather is also sped up if appropriate.

2. yes, stumps and bails can go flying all over the place.

1. We age the pitch as appropriately as possible, automatically. The weather is also sped up if appropriate.

2. yes, stumps and bails can go flying all over the place.

Thanks Ross but is there a way to change the pitch aging as we want, i.e., sort of a "pitch aging" setting we can tweak instead of the default way of doing it?

Thanks Ross but is there a way to change the pitch aging as we want, i.e., sort of a "pitch aging" setting we can tweak instead of the default way of doing it?

Not at this time and not in the released game. I will put it on the list as a possibility for inclusion in a later patch if the team think it reasonable.

In the released game it is automatic based on the Match you have designed.

Last edited:
Oh wow, i thought you said we can control it. My bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not at this time and not in the released game. I will put it on the list as a possibility for inclusion in a later patch if the team think it reasonable.

In the released game it is automatic based on the Match you have designed.

:cheers

Last edited:
Is there any license issue with past players, players like shane warne,flintoff,shon pollock cud be easily in the game

Oh wow, i thought you said we can control it. My bad.

You can by way of the settings for the Match you are playing, we automatically decide the wear based on those settings.

PRO: We got a screenshot

CON: Ross getting swamped with more inane questions

RESULT: Pure unadulterated glee...

Is there any license issue with past players, players like shane warne,flintoff,shon pollock cud be easily in the game

No, ex-players are controlled by the various boards unless they are contracted by some other means, as selectors, etc.. mostly they are free and clear to enter endorsement deals as they see fit.

In the next version of the game (or a patch) maybe we can have a pitch selection option when we start the match just like we have for selecting the ball (color & type). This way we can have the "pitch condition" to say "Day 3" when we play a odi in sub-continent to reflect the kind of pitches we get there and also set the "pitch aging" to "No" for the pitch to remain the same for the odi. For Tests we can have the "pitch condition" to set to say "Day 4" and have "pitch aging" set to "Yes" to get the kind of tracks we sometimes see in India or SL wher the pitch turns right from Day 1 and keeps low. In case "pitch agin" is set to "Yes" we can have another attribute "pitch deterioration" to be set to "slow", "normal", or "fast" to denote how slow or fast the pitch deteriorates further.

The above-mentioned mechanism will allow us to play in varied conditions helping the longevity of the game.

PRO: We got a screenshot

CON: Ross getting swamped with more inane questions

RESULT: Pure unadulterated glee...

Yeah... glee... that's the word I was looking for.

I am so glad I always try to stay awake as long as possible before getting on a plane...

Users who are viewing this thread