Post your questions about the game here!

Imagine coming to the forum...seeing a bunch of thread titles in bold, getting excited thinking Ross or Mikey must have posted some new info...only to realize later it's just 79cricket talking to himself or some random dude asking about the release date of the game or screenshots.

:facepalm

I often find myself questioning the sanity of various members on this forum!

Is BA CRICKET 14 made out of a new game engine ?

I heard they have used RUGBY LIVE 2 game engine on that, have u played that yet?

Is BA CRICKET 14 made out of a new game engine ?

Ross has mentioned a few times it's the same engine used for RLL2 and other rugby games, but this is the first time a cricket game is being developed on the engine as per my understanding.

----------

I often find myself questioning the sanity of various members on this forum!

This is a cricket gaming forum. What else do you expect? :p

Ross has mentioned a few times it's the same engine used for RLL2 and other rugby games, but this is the first time a cricket game is being developed on the engine as per my understanding.

----------

This is a cricket gaming forum. What else do you expect? :p

Have u played RRL2 yet?

Decided to stop lurking and post after a long time away from the PC forums. :)

I must say that BA cricket looks really great and its refreshing to see the passion and interaction of the developers here on the forum. Im really looking forward to its release and curious to see what the gameplay and ball physics will be like.

Anyway just a few questions at the moment:-

1) stats - what level of stats are included in game? For instance will it record tournament/ series stats for each player with strike rates/agg runs etc? Which would aid team selection

2) player profiles - if you click on a player name will it directly take you to link of their stats/ attributes (I take it licensing laws etc would prevent direct links to cricinfo player page etc but would the game include similar profile page for each player?)

3) Game physics - In terms of the ball physics will it bobble and bounce across the outfield - I've hated in previous games how the ball just sticks to the outfield like a magnet and will players move freely in 360 direction and not act as if they are on rails?

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

Done with Madden and waiting for a cricket game. Am a very selective gamer and don't play too many games.

I play only an hour a day, im not buying AC13 so i bought a cheap IC2010 just to rehearse the game. This is my first cricket game on a console lol

Ross, I'm curious about your thoughts on Cricket Coach and International Cricket Captain?

I think ICC took the cake for trotting out the same game year after year with mere roster updates. When they finally upgraded to "3D" it was barely worth it.

With CC, on the other hand, I had a lot of fun with the latest version. Sure, it's a bit buggy and there are some unrealistic parts but it's a statistics-fiend's dream. I loved looking over state games and picking upcoming players for my Australia A tours, and ultimately getting them in the test team. I thought it very impressive for a game with essentially no graphics to be so fun, much like the Football/Championship Manager games back in the day.

Did you or other members of your team play these other cricket games much, despite being significantly different?

We try to play everything we can.

It's a tough business and I sincerely hope they do well with their games, they certainly wouldn't be able to do it without being very driven and passionate about their craft, I've a lot of respect for those developers and what they have been able to achieve.

Users who are viewing this thread