Post your questions about the game here!

Probably the people who tested it didnt know anything about cricket and figured "thats how the real game plays i think" ...

Online disconnect is not a cricket specific bug. You don't expect MS or Sony to iron out flaws in the game (hook/cut off yorkers, cr@ppy AI fields etc.) but you do expect them to catch bugs like online D/C. But as Mikey says sometimes a few bugs slip through the cracks. I hope it doesn't happen again though and we get two playable and much improved cricket games in the near future.

I dont know whether this has been asked before or not....
Will BigAnt cricket have new ODI rules like 2 bouncers per over , new fielding restrictions??

Yes, with the Match Type Designer, you can set those rules and many, many other combinations that you might want to try.

I'd say there are 1000s of different match types that you could set up. Maybe someone that has been playing with Cricket Academy can confirm - I might be underselling it :-)

Yes, with the Match Type Designer, you can set those rules and many, many other combinations that you might want to try.

I'd say there are 1000s of different match types that you could set up. Maybe someone that has been playing with Cricket Academy can confirm - I might be underselling it :-)

Mikey, pls ensure the game is playable with a little bit of lag. I understand that you can't do much if the connection is poor but at the same time a little bit of lag is to be expected in online gameplay and it would be great if the game can handle it, i.e., the game's not unplayable or completely ruined even if there's a hint of lag.

Online disconnect is not a cricket specific bug. You don't expect MS or Sony to iron out flaws in the game (hook/cut off yorkers, cr@ppy AI fields etc.) but you do expect them to catch bugs like online D/C. But as Mikey says sometimes a few bugs slip through the cracks. I hope it doesn't happen again though and we get two playable and much improved cricket games in the near future.

These things aren't missed by BOTH the console manufacturers, I suspect that for whatever reason the issues didn't happen in a controlled environment, which is what Sony and MS test in. When the problems are discovered by the community though, the publisher and Developer have to decide what to do - MS and Sony can't force them, so the buck stops with the guys that make the game, end of.

(sorry, should probably get back to the idea of this thread)

I can assure that with the match type designer you will able to create many different variables and design the match as per you need. You set as many as 4 powerplays and choose different ball from each end options, ropes and set fielding rules how Freakin great is that!!

This game just sounds better and better..
So with getting approval from sony and ms so differcult for small companys
Cricket 14 will be out in September (my best guess)
Ashes cricket this is not going to happen during this ashes in england (my best guess)
Will cricket 14 have a Uk and australian release on the same day?
graham

This game just sounds better and better..
So with getting approval from sony and ms so differcult for small companys
Cricket 14 will be out in September (my best guess)
Ashes cricket this is not going to happen during this ashes in england (my best guess)
Will cricket 14 have a Uk and australian release on the same day?
graham

The style of writing for once reminded me of our dear friend 79Cricket. wow! :eek:

These things aren't missed by BOTH the console manufacturers, I suspect that for whatever reason the issues didn't happen in a controlled environment, which is what Sony and MS test in. When the problems are discovered by the community though, the publisher and Developer have to decide what to do - MS and Sony can't force them, so the buck stops with the guys that make the game, end of.

(sorry, should probably get back to the idea of this thread)

Sure. But please factor in the following in BAC14...

Pls ensure the game is playable with a little bit of lag. I understand that you can't do much if the connection is poor but at the same time a little bit of lag is to be expected in online gameplay and it would be great if the game can handle it, i.e., the game's not unplayable or completely ruined even if there's a hint of lag.

Pls ensure the game is playable with a little bit of lag. I understand that you can't do much if the connection is poor but at the same time a little bit of lag is to be expected in online gameplay and it would be great if the game can handle it, i.e., the game's not unplayable or completely ruined even if there's a hint of lag.

I agree....would like to hear Mike's thoughts on this

Sure. But please factor in the following in BAC14...

"(sorry, should probably get back to the idea of this thread)"

:) That was mainly aimed at myself, I shouldn't rant about what "other" companies are doing.

This is now the fourth or fifth online title we have done, we are extremely confident we will deliver in this area. With Lag, I would have thought you would have like no lag, but if you want a little bit, we can add that. :thumbs

Last edited:
"(sorry, should probably get back to the idea of this thread)"

:) That was mainly aimed at myself, I shouldn't rant about what "other" companies are doing.

This is now the fourth or fifth online title we have done, we are extremely confident we will deliver in this area. With Lag, I would have thought you would have like no lag, but if you want a little bit, we can add that. :thumbs

:thumbs

Looks like nobody can save the PS3/PSN online cricketing community from my wrath once the game comes out :D

The style of writing for once reminded me of our dear friend 79Cricket. wow! :eek:

Yes. Except for the P.S part. That's 79cricket's trademark. :yes

I miss writing like that but some members on here just can not except when someone wants to write differently.:D

----------

Yes. Except for the P.S part. That's 79cricket's trademark. :yes

p.s, guys, screenshots,trailers,release dates and annoying lee 1981 and Mr Duck. p.s to the Administrator is there any change we can add some more smiles for PC, my request would be a sticking out of the tongue tease. Please.;)

No chance :p

It would save a lot of silly writing back after someone has a go at a member, stick out tongue or a mooning would be even more ace, maybe im asking to much. Back to the game, when is this game releasing, that's right no one knows. p.s Master Yoda where are you when I need you.:p

Users who are viewing this thread