Post your questions about the game here!

@ross just one request atleast tell us the month of relese of full game?

Ross has already mentioned the game will release before October 2013 so that leaves either August or September 2013 as possible release months for the game.

Last edited:
Was watching India vs WI match highlights and this came to my mind - Will there be a situation like while running between the wickets you're running in to the danger end, dives and ends up with your bat in the air (not grounded) - the ball hits the stumps - and so given out?? (This might be asking for too much, especially when I've been playing cricket games which doesn't even give me an option to at least dive into the crease) :) :lol

Was watching India vs WI match highlights and this came to my mind - Will there be a situation like while running between the wickets you're running in to the danger end, dives and ends up with your bat in the air (not grounded) - the ball hits the stumps - and so given out?? (This might be asking for too much, especially when I've been playing cricket games which doesn't even give me an option to at least dive into the crease) :) :lol

If the game nails the basic gameplay I would be more than happy. These things can be worked on in later iterations.

I remember clearly if you press the "W" button in the keyboard twice while entering the crease in ASHES CRICKET 2009. The player dived in. (BTW played ASHES 2009 with keyboard :facepalm. I know !!)

If it is based on a mistake made by us then it's fine......if its random, then I don't think we need it really.

Ross pls tell us about the difficulty in batting..while playing how many balls it usually takes u to score a century?
in highest difficulty..

Last edited:
Ross,
Does playing at night, with floodlights on, bring its own set of challenges? Like less visibility, dew in some grounds, a little more swing in some areas?

The first match I am gonna create in this game is a day and night test match :).

Ross pls tell us about the difficulty in batting..how many balls it usually takes to score a century?
in highest difficulty..

Well all batsman bat differently, and in a t20 youd score a century much quicker than in a test, so probably a hard question to answer

If it is based on a mistake made by us then it's fine......if its random, then I don't think we need it really.

I meant exactly that... You do something wrong while diving in, and your bat'll not be grounded properly...

While there was option in AC09 to dive, but in C07 (arguably the most played and modded game even now), the batsman ran into the crease the same way every time - be it a batsman who'll be almost surely run out if he doesn't dive, or someone who takes an easy single...

Last edited:
Thought I would "share" this little posting I found in the Ashes Q and A thread. Seems relevant to post it here too.....

A little quiz. three random questions taken from three forums: BA, Ashes 13, and Margery Toads Sexual Help Forum: which question belongs to which?

1. Will the shadows falling on the grass increase the possibility of dew-forming thereby influencing the speed of the ball as it crosses the outfield and influencing the movement of the ball as it picks up dew, possibly aiding a skilled shiner of the ball?

By Mr D. Ad of Greater Smoggum, Lincs.

2. Will there be IPL?

My Mr. C. Unt of Downstairs- by the- Fairies, Lancs.

3. Why can I never finish? I get to a certain climatic point but have to pull out at the last moment? I usually blame everyone else but me but as I don't want to lose face I try to make out that everything is fine and that it was meant to go like that? My partner is getting really fed up with me as I am always not quite bringing satisfaction and doubts I ever will? Will I ever succeed?

Mr M.F of Melbourne

True....a good way to implement diving is to have a more complicated system to dive rather than a button press. If done correctly the batsman will dive smoothly. Otherwise dive wont be smooth and unpredictable thing might occur like bat in the air

I think they can set a timing for diving in as well like the bowling mechanism requires timing for the jump...:yes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the awesome thing in the game is that we need to stay and watch each deliveries for batting which i always wanted [Not like in previous games where we come and hit a century from 40-50 balls even in tests...Would play a test match as I have always played the first match as a test match in every cricket game and would watch the ball ,take my time ,get myself into the game's mechanism and the way the pitch plays and start scoring....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eagerly waiting for Mikey to reveal the spin mechanism in the game next week as spinners play a crucial role in tests....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread